Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to say Shulkie got lucky when, as I recall, she pretty much no-selled Titania and knocked her out in one punch. Like she pretty much did here.
    I'm not saying Shulkie got lucky the first time, I was offering an explanation how that fight might look through Titania's lense. It's not exactly uncommon for villains to search for excuses as to why they lost before and to demand a rematch. Also as far as I know it's pretty much Titania's shtick in the comics that she comes back to challenge Shulkie all the time despite the fact that she has lost basically every encounter apart from one where she was juiced up by the Infinity Gem or what it was. So she's more or less behaving like her comic counterpart here.

I pretty much got the vibe from the first issue of Shulkie's current run where Titania confronts Jen in her human form, starts knocking her around and demands for her to turn She-Hulk. And after that happened she got her ass kicked. Same pretty much happened here.

I mean, if Titania actually did do better this time around, I could see the point to this fight, but she really didn't. I guess I wouldn't have minded if the fight was better.
    Well she did better in my opinion. The first time was literally a one punch knockout. In this Titania was basically outskilling Shulkie, dodging and getting four or five hits in before Shulkie was able to connect once. And that punch didn't take her out, she was ready to continue but then she slipped.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I'm not saying Shulkie got lucky the first time, I was offering an explanation how that fight might look through Titania's lense. It's not exactly uncommon for villains to search for excuses as to why they lost before and to demand a rematch. Also as far as I know it's pretty much Titania's shtick in the comics that she comes back to challenge Shulkie all the time despite the fact that she has lost basically every encounter apart from one where she was juiced up by the Infinity Gem or what it was. So she's more or less behaving like her comic counterpart here.

I pretty much got the vibe from the first issue of Shulkie's current run where Titania confronts Jen in her human form, starts knocking her around and demands for her to turn She-Hulk. And after that happened she got her ass kicked. Same pretty much happened here.

Well she did better in my opinion. The first time was literally a one punch knockout. In this Titania was basically outskilling Shulkie, dodging and getting four or five hits in before Shulkie was able to connect once. And that punch didn't take her out, she was ready to continue but then she slipped.
    Yeah. Titania didn’t technically lose the fight. She slipped on ice, screwed up her veneers and ran off due to embarrassment. I’m pretty sure in her mind losing the first fight was a fluke because she wasn’t ready. She probably thinks this one ended in a draw. She will most likely try again at some point.

Yeah, but that fits comic Titania because she's more into her physical power and thinks more like a thug compared to what we've seen from MCU Titania.

It's part of why she and Absorbing Man work as a couple, which isn't something I could really see with MCU Titania.
    True she didn't get completely one-shotted but it never felt like Jen was struggling against her at all.

Titania also knew Jen was drunk, but probably didn’t know going into Shulkie mode would change that.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 09-23-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Titania also knew Jen was drunk, but probably didn’t know going into Shulkie mode would change that.
    True. I think she thought she would have the advantage because Jen was wasted, and a drunk She-Hulk would be a lot easier to beat. If she had still been seeing double as She-Hulk, presumably Titania wins. Best laid plans, tho.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Astonishing Member

And she ruins her best chance for killing Jen by making her transform into the one form she'd already beaten her in. Jen would've been dead otherwise.

They still haven't even explained where her powers came from. Although I guess they didn't really explain Mr. Immortal either (I think he's a Mutant in the comics?) so I guess they just want people to roll with it.
    She isn't really thinking about that. In her mind, She-Hulk beat her. Which, of course, is why she wants to fight She-Hulk again. In her mind she feels it was a fluke the first time out and her ego won't let it go. Its like in the Rocky films - Apollo beat Rocky (according to judges) and he still would have been champ. But his ego and pride couldn't let it go, he pushed for the rematch, and lost.

Titania is the same in the comics.

Never underestimate a petty and overconfident person. They don't know their limitations.

I guess I just wish the fight was more involved/memorable compared to their fight in episode 1, but I wonder if part of that is because it's easier to show Jen fighting CG opponents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She's doing what she's doing out of pettiness. Her trademark lawsuit made that clear.
    I'm pretty sure killing Jen isn't her goal at all. She wanted to humiliate She-Hulk publicly like she got humiliated before. I guess she saw a good chance against a drunk Jen, or she thought Shulkie got lucky the first time with a sucker punch and now she'd be prepared for her and therefore do better. I mean isn't that what most comic book villains do? They get defeated again and again and yet they come back to fight the hero that has kicked their ass multiple times.
    Exactly. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Yeah. Titania didn’t technically lose the fight. She slipped on ice, screwed up her veneers and ran off due to embarrassment. I’m pretty sure in her mind losing the first fight was a fluke because she wasn’t ready. She probably thinks this one ended in a draw. She will most likely try again at some point.
    Honestly? I think Titania did feel that she lost that fight. Her image seems to be the most important thing to her and when the fight with Jen caused her to slip and screw up her veneers, her image was compromised in her eyes. IMHO, this is far more of a defeat for Titania than any fist fight.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

My friends, who still watch She-hulk, are not enjoying it.

Sadly many have kind of tuned out of marvel lately. I think it started around Hawkeye and I am now hearing people activly disliking Thor:L&T.

Myself I am mostly watching She-hulk due to some sort of loyalty to the franchise.

Tatiana is very charming as Jen. I haven't seen her in anything before this but she won me over rather fast. As She-hulk she hasn't made any lasting impression. Overall I feel the show works better when it's Jen and the she-hulk parts are more incomplete. I still don't really know from the show what or if there is any change between Jen and how she is in her hulk form. I know how it works in the comics so I am looking for hints or clues that points to somethign similair.

Nikki is sort of a non-character so far. I am still waiting for them to flesh her out and give her some sort of role beyond "Competent but not appreciated because she is a paralegal and/or a woman".

Mallory pretty much the same. Waiting for them to go somewhere with her.

Pug is not in the show enough for me to really feel anything yet.

Titania is... different. I would like here to be more a serious threat and I wonder where her powers come from. So far she feels so silly that I can't muster more then this.

Megan thee Stallion, never seen her before. But then again I don't live in the USA or like rap so that cameo clearly isn't aimed at me.

I think Phase 5 will be make or break for MCU's future. They can't keep having these kinds of mixed negative reactions.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think Phase 5 will be make or break for MCU's future. They can't keep having these kinds of mixed negative reactions.
    Nah, there's Secret Wars and the X-men coming, but yeah, they saved the good stuff for too late, for reasons no one can understand (why the hell there's F4 and Captain America movies only in 2024? X-men ever later?).

I guess after the gambles in stuff like GotG and Ant-Man paid off, Feige thought they could get away with it throwing everything with a Marvel logo that people would love it. The fact they're still insisting on Taskmaster and making Thunderbolts Black Widow 2.0 (without Natasha) and apparently there's an Eternals 2 coming up also indicates they're not course correcting like they used to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    My friends, who still watch She-hulk, are not enjoying it.

Sadly many have kind of tuned out of marvel lately. I think it started around Hawkeye and I am now hearing people activly disliking Thor:L&T.
    Personally I'm liking She-Hulk although the last two episodes were OK compared to the first 4. I can see how the comedic approach by She-Hulk and Thor:L&T have turned off MCU fans. Also the teenage girl demo group Ms. Marvel targeted probably didn't help the MCU either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I watch it every week, but the A-plot writing has been too safe and expected. They don’t really push the scenarios or do anything original with them. She-Hulk dating, at a wedding, at a law office, etc. sound great, but they always underwhelm. In this episode, the bridezilla and abused bridesmaid elements weren’t funny to me because I’ve seen it before. Titania never even really messed with Jen, just tried to fight her. She came to the wedding specifically for her. You think she could’ve done some better stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly? I think Titania did feel that she lost that fight. Her image seems to be the most important thing to her and when the fight with Jen caused her to slip and screw up her veneers, her image was compromised in her eyes. IMHO, this is far more of a defeat for Titania than any fist fight.
    I get that. It's just that after their fight in episode 1, I was expecting a little more "oomph" from round 2, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of show or staff to deliver on that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I get that. It's just that after their fight in episode 1, I was expecting a little more "oomph" from round 2, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of show or staff to deliver on that.
    The writers of this show want care more about the comedy than action. What we got so far has been very brief and typically ends with a punchline