Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1324

Disney approves of the budget then says it's too expensive?
    It's like a sports owner complaining a players salary is too high.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Disney approves of the budget then says it's too expensive?
    It's like a sports owner complaining a players salary is too high.
    Do we know if they stayed on budget? It could also mean that it was too expensive for what they ended up getting out of it - who knows?

Going to admit Peacock has shown them up. The new Ted series and it's main character is completely CGI and Ted looks great and the show is set in the 90's so even real sets and clothing has to be thought out more than just a show set in current year.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Going to admit Peacock has shown them up. The new Ted series and it's main character is completely CGI and Ted looks great and the show is set in the 90's so even real sets and clothing has to be thought out more than just a show set in current year.
    ...Ted's a teddy bear though, that's a lot easier and cheaper to animate than a photorealistic human being. I love Ted, don't get me wrong, but it's in no way comparable to She-Hulk.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Also, Ted doesn't fight other CGI characters in elaborate action scenes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Also, Ted doesn't fight other CGI characters in elaborate action scenes.
    Well, I don't know if I'd consistently call them that. I think probably the most elaborate fight was the one with Daredevil.

Product is too expensive.

Makers of product says they are underpaid.

Makers of product turn in sub-par work.

Uh...so work that is sub-par is too expensive, but the people that made it weren't paid enough? So the sub-par work should be more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Product is too expensive.

Makers of product says they are underpaid.

Makers of product turn in sub-par work.

Uh...so work that is sub-par is too expensive, but the people that made it weren't paid enough? So the sub-par work should be more expensive?
    The main reason is that with CG heavy stuff, time = money. It came out sub par because as expensive as it was, they still weren't given enough time to make it good and were overworked just to simply get it done on time.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-20-2024 at 10:54 PM.

But it looks so cheap...

Disappointing. Of all the Disney+ Marvel shows, I feel She-Hulk had the most mileage as an actual series (rather than a mini-series with a planned beginning, middle, and end). They could have had endless court cases with all the things that happen in the MCU. More Mallory, more Pug, have Jen in the middle of everything. Go funny, go dark, go silly, do it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Would love to see Maslany and She-Hulk involved with the Fantastic Four in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Or have her involved with whatever story they conjure to follow up on Hulk and his son.
    Heck have her appear in an episode of Daredevil. Or an Avengers movie. Or have her meet Hercules wherever he shows up next. Just because her show is over doesn't mean they should get rid of the character.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, the show had other problems than cost. Bad CGI, a writing team that proudly boasted they know nothing about the legal system when the show was supposed to be a legal comedy. And the show was in the eyes of many just not funny. Also, complaints were of a She-Hulk that was unlikable, totally self centered, and insulting to other, far more accomplished super types.

These were the main complaints I've heard, whether they are valid or not, they seemed to have shaped perceptions with some potential fans of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Disappointing. Of all the Disney+ Marvel shows, I feel She-Hulk had the most mileage as an actual series (rather than a mini-series with a planned beginning, middle, and end). They could have had endless court cases with all the things that happen in the MCU. More Mallory, more Pug, have Jen in the middle of everything. Go funny, go dark, go silly, do it all!

Heck have her appear in an episode of Daredevil. Or an Avengers movie. Or have her meet Hercules wherever he shows up next. Just because her show is over doesn't mean they should get rid of the character.
    Agree with all of the above. So much potential there with the character and her series.

I’m convinced the only ones who didn’t like it are those sad, “M-She-U” types who feel threatened by strong fictional female characters.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Agree with all of the above. So much potential there with the character and her series.

I’m convinced the only ones who didn’t like it are those sad, “M-She-U” types who feel threatened by strong fictional female characters.
    I'm with you both. It was no worse than anything else Marvel put on D+ and I'd say better than a lot of it. I had fun and it felt comparatively fresh.

There are legit criticisms that can be made, but the entire narrative around the show was (and still is) utterly drowned out by bad faith people determined to hate and devalue it. I bet some of those still complaining about it here are still stating the same things they were before the show even released because they can't and won't let it go.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Ehhh there are real issues with the show a ridiclous budet, same writing issues phase 4 had, and the joke about cgi fights aging like milk after Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ehhh there are real issues with the show a ridiclous budet, same writing issues phase 4 had, and the joke about cgi fights aging like milk after Secret Invasion.
    But all of those are things that could be improved upon in a second season. My beef is with people trying to drag the show because it’s too female centered or just because of a little joke scene with Megan Thee Stallion.