Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

So the Iron Man helmet to me looked black and gold, so it seems to me that during the 'blip' Tony possibly used an MCU version of the Mark 42 (The black and gold armor he had before Axis in the comics). Maybe there's an offscreen/untold Hulk/Tony story where the two sparred for a bit, explaining the damage.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Amazing Member

I liked it. The post credit scene was hilarious. How many episodes did they make?

hulk-aids, gj disney
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    hulk-aids, gj disney
    Yes, "gj Disney," despite this being how she gets abilities in the comics that came out decades before Disney bought Marvel lol just stop

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yes, "gj Disney," despite this being how she gets abilities in the comics that came out decades before Disney bought Marvel lol just stop
    it was a blood transfusion, not just some random splatter
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

it was a blood transfusion, not just some random splatter
    Why do you think the blood transfusion worked? Since you're trying to equate it to AIDS, you are aware the transfusion is how that type of transmission actually happens, right? Quit while you're behind.

Why do you think the blood transfusion worked? Since you're trying to equate it to AIDS, you are aware the transfusion is how that type of transmission actually happens, right? Quit while you're behind.
    while there have been scandals about decontaminated blood in blood banks, which discriminates gay people up till today as donaters, the more primal fear is to get infected in daily life incidents, such as car accidents while doing first aid or be infected during a sports match. technically, yes you are right. but gamma radiation is not a virus, i find the original origin of she-hulk much better. it was narrativly underwhelming, scratch on the arm, bamm, full on hulked. but we are talking funny books, so anything goes, have a nice evening

Astonishing Member

I liked it for the most part. The CGI was not a problem there were a couple wonky moments as mentioned earlier but it wasnt outrageous. Enjoyed Tatiana as I expected too. Good to know America's ass is appreciated by more than just me!

Really fun first episode! Think this may be my new favorite Marvel streaming show.

They added Jane to the intro!

It's interesting that they started Jen off as a prosecutor instead of a defense attorney, as most are probably used to seeing her at this point. It makes me curious to see why she decides to start defending people, particularly Superhumans (since she's going to get stuck with that), instead of pursuing being a prosecutor.

Already with the 4th wall gags! It seems tied to her Hulk transformation, but are they going to address it at all? I'm not sure which way I prefer it.

Jen and Bruce really feel like cousins and Jen's banter and sass is as on-point as ever! Now she just has to learn to love being She-Hulk.

It's weird seeing them discuss Cap's virginity in-universe since I feel like they confirmed he lost it to that USO girl like a while ago, but I guess it's something characters in the MCU would actually think about...to the point of making a mystery board about it! Ah, Jen.

Ah hey, they explained Bruce being in his human form in Shang-Chi! I wonder if they'll use that again.

That's an interesting way of revamping Jen's origin. I mean, maybe Bruce wouldn't be desperate enough to use his blood for a transfusion, but in this version Jen basically takes ownership of her own origin since it's her pulling Bruce out of the car while they're both bleeding that gets their blood mixed up rather than something Bruce does while she's in critical condition.

Female solidarity from those random ladies in a bar bathroom!

Ah, the bane of any female Superhero (or women in general) in existence...pushy guys at a bar.

Tony creating a secluded area for Bruce to chill out and relax reminded me of that unbreakable room in a mountain that they'd stick Hulk into so he could transform back into Banner in the comics. I wonder if that was intentional.

Man, it's kind of rough seeing how badly Bruce is taking Tony's death. Even moreso because none of the original Avengers are around any more and the chances of him and Clint palling around are next to nothing.

Oh hey, they just...casually healed Bruce's arm! I mean...great? I thought they left Bruce that way to show the impact of undoing the Snap and because they just didn't seem interested in a Merged Hulk...actually doing anything, let alone fighting. But maybe I sold Marvel Studios short.

They also just casually waved off the Sakaar messenger ship that showed up. Um...kind of want to know a little more about that.

"Smart Hulk." I prefer Professor Hulk! Although honestly I wonder if ol' Savage Hulk is still in there somewhere, just waiting to come out.

You know who would love that Hulk blood? The Leader.

I mean, Jen kind of has a point about the fact that she has an actual job and friends to get back to outside having superpowers while Bruce has kind of isolated himself. None of the Avengers seemed to really have lives outside being Superheroes, and Marvel Studios really doesn't seem keen in Bruce actually interacting with legitimate Hulk supporting characters other than, well, Jen. We'll never get to see Rufallo play off William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross and Betty only exists in What If animated land at this point.

Bruce being surprised that Jen doesn't have another personality in her Hulk form makes me want them to explore why Bruce does. I know in the comics Bruce's multiple Hulk personalities stem from the abuse his father subjected him to and the death of his mother, so that could be the case here, but would that seem redundant after Moon Knight basically did the same thing? Also the fact that Bruce and Jennifer are both genetically compatible with Gamma Radiation. Could that be a complete coincidence?

So it seems like the take they're going with is that Jen, as a woman, has had to learn to control her emotions, her anger, her fears, all her life (as I'm sure other women can relate) which lets her be a bit more adept and a quick study of mastering her Hulk form. But I wonder if they're also building up the idea that she's so different for the reveal that she has her own Savage Side just waiting to be unleashed at some point.

(Still way more nuanced than any of the stuff Jason Aaron did with Jen in his Avengers run).

"I don't want to be a Superhero!" Ha! That's kind of funny coming from Jen knowing that in the comics she absolutely loves being a Superhero, but I guess this is progressing her to that point.

A lot of people have given Marvel Studios flack for weakening The Hulk, so it seems like they tried to rectify that by showing that baseline Hulk seems more overtly powerful than She-Hulk, even if she can still basically do the things he can with a little more practice and repetition. Also he probably wasn't going as hard against her during the Hulk vs. She-Hulk fight as he could have...

Titania sure showed up out of nowhere...and got taken down in five seconds. Like, what was she even doing there? She had no idea about Jen at that point, so was she there for payback as to whatever the guy on trial did to people? How is she so strong? Will she get a power upgrade so she can properly fight Jen? Just a lot of questions there.

while there have been scandals about decontaminated blood in blood banks, which discriminates gay people up till today as donaters, the more primal fear is to get infected in daily life incidents, such as car accidents while doing first aid or be infected during a sports match. technically, yes you are right. but gamma radiation is not a virus, i find the original origin of she-hulk much better. it was narrativly underwhelming, scratch on the arm, bamm, full on hulked. but we are talking funny books, so anything goes, have a nice evening
    As someone living with HIV, I didn't make the same connection you did.

It'd be kinda cool if, instead of taking bi-monthly injections to control the virus, my HIV status gave me superpowers, though.

Astonishing Member

Really liked the first episode. Marvel did it again.

They made Titania an even bigger joke than in the comics, way to go.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I still don't see why people have an issue with the way Jen gets changed into She-Hulk, the precedence is RIGHT THERE in The Incredible Hulk film if you remember it... I know we all wish we could forget it, and many do, but we did have Sterns tease being changed into The Leader by Bruce's blood dripping into Sterns' open head wound.

I mean, most of that is consistent with how she is in the comics compared to Bruce. Th She's always managed her anger/transformation better than Bruce. They still clearly showed he is the physically stronger of the two. The people who are going to screech about "women are better than men" would complain regardless.

I enjoyed the pilot and think they nailed the tone. I do agree it went by pretty quickly and I wish we got 2 episodes a week since they're only 30 minutes. Also, I'm pretty sure that ship came to let Hulk know he's a daddy! Lol
    Ooh, paternity suit. I like it.