Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1324
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I swear when it comes to Captain Marvel and the Marvels some people just refuse to admit there's any sort of nuance to these subjects because it would go against what they wish to believe.
    True dat.

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Well there are very sensitive people out there who hate knowing their beloved movie/tv show is not a critical darling to audiences so they cope by saying it got review bombed to make themselves feel better. Just as there's no way to know if there are 'fake' positive reviews for certain movies/tv shows. Certain youtubers have explained how it goes both ways, new fake accounts who leave positive reviews and that haven't reviewed much else.
    That is my thinking as well. I keep hearing about movies being review bombed by the anti-woke crowd but I never see it happen to legitimately good movies that also have progressive subject matter but aren't bland corporate products. I remember hearing about one of the new Star Wars getting "review bombed" and I hated all those, but it had nothing to do with women or people of color being in them. That's why I'm dubious, why is it hard to accept that people just don't like these movies and that isn't based on prejudice? And if someone makes an account on a website to review something, why is that account considered fake?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Yes and no it makes sense.

Yes it makes sense because the distance between CM and The Marvels is massive. Such a huge gap it only makes sense most of the audience who went to see CM was because of Infinity Wars and the ones who left the movie obviously didn't care for the character or the sidekicks. There's always someone who's going to throw out weak arguments about why The Marvels failed spectacularly but it really boiled down to no one caring. Movie was okay not bad.

No it doesn't make sense and that's where the review bombs came in from trolls. But still from 1.13B to 206M? Wow
    BUt they were talking about Captain Marvel, not The Marvels. Not sure why you brought that into it.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    That is my thinking as well. I keep hearing about movies being review bombed by the anti-woke crowd but I never see it happen to legitimately good movies that also have progressive subject matter but aren't bland corporate products. I remember hearing about one of the new Star Wars getting "review bombed" and I hated all those, but it had nothing to do with women or people of color being in them. That's why I'm dubious, why is it hard to accept that people just don't like these movies and that isn't based on prejudice? And if someone makes an account on a website to review something, why is that account considered fake?
    There is a reason a lot of these sites now require legit accounts and don't allow reviews until the movie is released...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    There is a reason a lot of these sites now require legit accounts and don't allow reviews until the movie is released...
    What constitutes as a "legit account?"
    They/Them

BANNED

That is my thinking as well. I keep hearing about movies being review bombed by the anti-woke crowd but I never see it happen to legitimately good movies that also have progressive subject matter but aren't bland corporate products.
    This just sounds like downplaying when review bombs happen because you didn't like the projects that they happened to.

What constitutes as a "legit account?"
    email address verified I would think. Ask Rotten Tomatoes to see what they did to try to stem review bombing.

This just sounds like downplaying when review bombs happen because you didn't like the projects that they happened to.
    I could see that but it's definitely true. You never see this "review bombing" thing happening to the non-blockbuster movies and those tend to be far more progressive than whatever Star Wars or Marvel churns out these days. If I were anti-woke I feel like I would go after the more woke stuff. MCU barely scratches the surface. And you never hear about the good movies being review bombed. All I'm asking is, what data/metrics do they use to determine whether something is review bombing or legitimate criticism?
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    email address verified I would think. Ask Rotten Tomatoes to see what they did to try to stem review bombing.
    Are we absolutely sure it isn't just corporations feeling butthurt that their corporate product isn't universally loved? And is there any data that associates a specific ideology (i.e. racist, anti-woman, queerphobic) to the review bombing? Are we sure it isn't just an anti-corporate rhetoric which in essence is woke?

Why don't indie filmmakers get "review bombed?"
    They/Them

Are we absolutely sure it isn't just corporations feeling butthurt that their corporate product isn't universally loved? And is there any data that associates a specific ideology (i.e. racist, anti-woman, queerphobic) to the review bombing? Are we sure it isn't just an anti-corporate rhetoric which in essence is woke?

Why don't indie filmmakers get "review bombed?"
    Indie films don't have the same reach as blockbusters do. So less people, in general, care about them.

Incredible Member

Anyone who doesn’t believe review bombing is a real thing can do a quick google search and follow the rabbit hole to reddit where you can find people organizing review bombs of everything from movies to restaurants and local car dealerships.

You could also just read some of the reviews. Review bombers are usually lazy and didn’t even watch or use the thing they are “reviewing” and just copy paste some talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Indie films don't have the same reach as blockbusters do. So less people, in general, care about them.
    That makes sense. But what about a movie like Poor Things which features gay romance, discussions of feminism and communism, touches on the idea of female liberation and trauma. Obviously that's just one example, but it has reach. The Oscars definitely props these movies up. So why is it always the billion dollar franchise installments that get review bombed?
    They/Them

BANNED

I could see that but it's definitely true. You never see this "review bombing" thing happening to the non-blockbuster movies and those tend to be far more progressive than whatever Star Wars or Marvel churns out these days. If I were anti-woke I feel like I would go after the more woke stuff. MCU barely scratches the surface
    I should not need to explain why stuff that isn't as popular or well known as Star Wars or the MCU doesn't attract as much attention.
    It's very obvious why these people go after the biggest and most successful franchises on Earth, instead of stuff that isn't.

And you never hear about the good movies being review bombed.
    I do all the time.
    But you essentially just said stuff that's part of big franchises don't get count as good.

All I'm asking is, what data/metrics do they use to determine whether something is review bombing or legitimate criticism?
    Legitimate criticism has an actual point to it, and won't just be the lowest rating with bare bones detractions added to justify it.
    To go to the She-Hulk RT page, you'll find most if not all of the negative user reviews being the lowest rating while saying nothing more than "It's woke trash!"

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Anyone who doesn’t believe review bombing is a real thing can do a quick google search and follow the rabbit hole to reddit where you can find people organizing review bombs of everything from movies to restaurants and local car dealerships.

You could also just read some of the reviews. Review bombers are usually lazy and didn’t even watch or use the thing they are “reviewing” and just copy paste some talking points.
    I mean looking at RT specifically, most audience reviews regardless of what the movie is are poorly written and definitely come off as lazy. It's just really hard for me to believe that a few hundred people from a reddit thread could make any sort of meaningful dent. And I'm also looking at the type of movies that tend to get this accusation of review bombing vs the ones that don't but theoretically would be just as deserving if you consider the ideology people attach to these review bombers.
    They/Them

I should not need to explain why stuff that isn't as popular or well known as Star Wars or the MCU doesn't attract as much attention.
    It's very obvious why these people go after the biggest and most successful franchises on Earth, instead of stuff that isn't.

I do all the time.
    But you essentially just said stuff that's part of big franchises don't get count as good.

Legitimate criticism has an actual point to it, and won't just be the lowest rating with bare bones detractions added to justify it.
    To go to the She-Hulk RT page, you'll find most if not all of the negative user reviews being the lowest rating while saying nothing more than "It's woke trash!"
    Lmao that's wild. And those are most of the audience reviewers? Can people rate without reviewing?
    They/Them