Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Avengers have been mentioned on this show as though they're still active... but are they? It'll be interesting if we get confirmation by the time this series ends. Maybe someone will reach out to her after she embraces he role as hero - but who? Maybe the new Cap is rebuilding...
    I think Feige was the one who said the Avengers are currently inactive. The general public probably has no idea what's going on in the Superhero community so don't really know one way or another, especially with how private the Avengers were in general.

We probably won't actually see an Avengers team until Kang Dynasty.

***SPOILERS FOR ... the episode that came out today***
    -- Okay, that was cool. Again, the humor really hit with me because it was based on this whacky MCU world than trying to be typical romcom. ("Yes, we can all tell he's lying, Mr Murdock" was probably my fav joke)
    -- Is it me, or was that Exit sign in the courtroom a lot like the Marvel logo? (especially when it was right above Matt as he entered the courtroom)
    -- Matt was great here! This is obviously lighter in tone, but it's still in keeping with Matt's demeanor during the lighter moments of his series.
    -- Ironically, Jen's story got pretty dark at the end. This show has done a good job showing the every day indignities she and many women have to contend with, the kind of anger she's able to manage (as she described in Ep 1) but Hulkking's final humiliation really hit hard in a "Carry covered in goat's blood" kinda way. She Hulked out - more than just Jen being angry - most people don't growl when they're angry. Btw, how did Damage Control (I'm assuming it's them) get there so fast? Are we going to start next ep with Jen in Blonsky's cell?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-06-2022 at 06:33 AM.

This was definitely my favorite episode this far. My favorite bit was the whole Wakanda thing (Jen's facial expression said it all lol.) Then the part where all the women received the same award was funny too. The ending was messed up, though and I can't wait to see how it gets resolved.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

That was probably the best episode yet. Great introduction to MCU Daredevil (we only saw Matt Murdock)- they're not shying away from the violence, and his sense of humor is more or less the same as the Netflix show. Very funny too, but managed to get serious at the end.

Yeah, that was awesome. Jen's final look at the camera was perfect, the previously-seen having covered everything as far back as her saying with confidence that she had a handle on this Hulk thing, and Bruce trying to warn her that she didn't, yet. You might say, to some degree you don't know what it's like to be a Hulk, if you have not ever seen crowds cowering and running away from you, and lots and lots of soldiers' weapons trained on you like you're a monster.

I mean, you can't have the power to turn into a force of nature when you're angry, and not get the part where people react to you like you're a monster, too.

But yah, glad the rest of the episode was so much fun, because that was a pretty dark turn there at the end!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Easily the best episode of this show. Matt came off great here. It was so good to see him fight with the Billy club and maintain a bit of his Netflix series with his fight scenes.

That ending hit hard. Even though it was clearly a setup I can see Jen losing her career over this. The property damage, grabbing the mask guy by the throat. Why Bruce had to be right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    )
    -- Matt was great here! This is obviously lighter in tone, but it's still in keeping with Matt's demeanor during the lighter moments of his series.
    -- Ironically, Jen's story got pretty dark at the end. This show has done a good job showing the every day indignities she and many women have to contend with, the kind of anger she's able to manage (as she described in Ep 1) but Hulkking's final humiliation really hit hard in a "Carry covered in goat's blood" kinda way. She Hulked out - more than just Jen being angry - most people don't growl when they're angry. Btw, how did Damage Control (I'm assuming it's them) get there so fast? Are we going to start next ep with Jen in Blonsky's cell?
    Damage control fast response must be part of the setup or the Gaia venue prepared for the worst case scenario knowing that Jen as She-Hulk would be attending

Mighty Member

This was far and away the best episode of this series to date. Everything about this was pretty much pitch perfect.

It balanced the superhero/lawyer/civilian sides of Jen far better than any episode thus far, it was uproariously funny with the Leapfrog stuff and it used Matt exceedingly well without letting him overwhelm Jen on her own show. This is now the bar for what this show is capable of.

Ribbit and rip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Damage control fast response must be part of the setup or the Gaia venue prepared for the worst case scenario knowing that Jen as She-Hulk would be attending
    The former, certainly. This was an orchestrated attack on Jen, right down to having the authorities already present.

So who’s behind all this ? Just a bunch of angry dudes who love Hulk and hate women. Whining that She Hulk stole his power or is Leader or someone similar gonna be behind this? I keep going back and forth on if it’s someone bigger or just some angry trolls.

I'm still betting on the Leader showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So who’s behind all this ? Just a bunch of angry dudes who love Hulk and hate women. Whining that She Hulk stole his power or is Leader or someone similar gonna be behind this? I keep going back and forth on if it’s someone bigger or just some angry trolls.
    The leader and MODOK are my best guesses

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, that was awesome. Jen's final look at the camera was perfect, the previously-seen having covered everything as far back as her saying with confidence that she had a handle on this Hulk thing, and Bruce trying to warn her that she didn't, yet. You might say, to some degree you don't know what it's like to be a Hulk, if you have not ever seen crowds cowering and running away from you, and lots and lots of soldiers' weapons trained on you like you're a monster.

I mean, you can't have the power to turn into a force of nature when you're angry, and not get the part where people react to you like you're a monster, too.

But yah, glad the rest of the episode was so much fun, because that was a pretty dark turn there at the end!
    Jen's had a few episodes of going full anger-Hulk a few times in the comics I think despite not having the trauma her cousin had. Especially Aaron's Avengers.

Ewing had a plot thread that the Savage Hulk persona might actually be contagious, as almost everybody who got gamma from Bruce has had some form of it.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm sticking with my theory that just because the person with the big needle had the Intelligencia site up doesn't mean they're connected. Hulkking's mission to humiliate She-Hulk seems like incel trolls, but they're just noise. The needle person will be a real threat. (Josh seems to connect the two - but we never saw him get her blood and if he did, what was the point of the big needle? I keep wondering if his emojis meant something else, like he was successful in giving her an "injection"... I dunno)

This episode was pretty good. I actually felt bad at the end.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

I'm predicting that Matt doing a walk of shame in his Daredevil uniform is going to be ranked in the most memorable MCU moments.