Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

I'm liking this a lot. I can't rank the Marvel shows because they're all so different (which I also like), but this one's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ...Bruce had the best meta joke about being a different person (Ed Norton) during his battle with Abomination...
    Great catch j9ac9k! I did not see this for what it was until you mentioned it. Now I can't quit grinning about it.

Even if it's utter BS, Blonsky's tale about his motives and how the Abomination went out of control make for a completely reasonable case. Until the video hits the news. That's going to make for some fun in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Great catch j9ac9k! I did not see this for what it was until you mentioned it. Now I can't quit grinning about it.
    When Bruce says he was a different person "literally," Jen makes a face to camera in response (I think she actually says, "Ha") because she gets the meta-joke. It's a cute moment.

Astonishing Member

I didn't catch the subtle refrences to the Celestial corpse sticking out since Eternals. And the article title mentioning a man with metal claws in a bar brawl.

They are using this to connect a lot of dots casually

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Question for some of the more "seasoned" posters..does Jen's bestie remind anyone else of Justine Bateman?
    Nah but strangely enough this ep reminded me of the old teen wolf movies. "People came to see the wolf so do your wolf thing."

Mighty Member

I loved that Hawkeye arrow question.

Astonishing Member

Going by the trailer and watching the first two episodes, I'm pretty sure She-Hulk will be either my favorite or second favorite MCU series. Currently WandaVision occupies the top spot but She-Hulk might knock that off. Much much better than Ms. Marvel IMO. That 98%RT is a joke.

The second episode was a distinct improvement. Definitely funnier.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I loved that Hawkeye arrow question.
    Hawkeye’s arrows. Hulk’s re-casting. Cap’s … history. Emil’s cage fighting. Tiamut. This show’s just tackling all sorts of big MCU questions.

Okay, so they're still not really giving much of a frame of reference for Titania. She's a super-powered influencer? She was there for traffic court and just had...like an outburst? Where did she get her powers from? What exactly is her deal? I know she's going to be coming back, but it's just surreal for me how little they explained about her.

Wolverine reference! He's getting into bar fights! And Tiamut is still sticking out, so I guess it hasn't been that long since Eternals happened.

Dennis was like every sexist cliche they could fit into one person in, like, five seconds.

Ah, I see they're getting making fun of the codenames out of the way before Jen takes ownership of it...but would it be so wrong of her to not mind the fact that she's owning that she's a woman in her Superhero name instead of deriding it? It feels like there's a lot of criticism towards Superhero names with female descriptors that I don't think is quite necessary, but at least Jen seemed to grow to like it, as she should.

Jen asking all the real questions about what it means to be an Avenger. Do they have maternity leave even though they only had, like, two female members? One of whom was infertile and the other who had to magic up babies with an android? Didn't Sam Wilson imply they really didn't get paid at all?

I was wondering how Jen would lose her prosecutor job, and it turns out being a public person with powers and causing a mistrial is bad for your career. And most people don't want to hire a Hulk.

At least Jen's family is taking her Hulk status swimmingly (and also made use of it for themselves), even if they're super embarrassing about it. But her dad gives solid pep talks.

Holloway is quick to jump at any opportunity, be it a mistrial for his client or to scoop up a lawyer for his new Superhuman Law division! And in doing so he's given Jen more of a reason to be She-Hulk.

Look at those comics! I really want to get a better look and see what they had in there and what it says about MCU canon.

Gotta be pretty nice to be able to bring in your paralegal who is also your best gal pal.

OH NO, IT'S PROMETHEUS! JEN, STOP HIM!!! Oh, wait, no it's just Josh Segarra playing Pug! And he seems as much of a sweetheart as always. I wonder if they'll adapt the thing of him pining for Jen while she's completely oblivious and keeps friendzoning him. I swear though, if they make a "10 steps ahead of you..." joke, I will riot.

Did Jen find shoes that can actually take her Hulk form? Glad she doesn't have to go barefoot so much.

I guess it's good to see Damage Control security can be effective...provided you don't have magic.

"It wasn't personal" - says the guy who wanted to be as strong as The Hulk, and went out of his way to fight The Hulk.

So are they just going to gloss over the fact that Blonsky forced Sterns to inject him with the serum that turned him into the Abomination? After they already had Banner in custody? And then he rampaged? Ross is partially responsible for Blonsky, but I don't think the Super Soldier Serum is completely to blame for why he went evil. Maybe he's just playing the long con here or is truly genuine about re-forming, but I wouldn't trust him.

It's nice that Jen called Bruce to get his permission to take the Blonsky case...even though she was going to do it anyways (isn't it rude to completely talk over someone, irregardless of gender?). But I can see where Bruce is coming from, it's been...a decade or two since he fought the Abomination? And a complete actor change/personality shift. Also looks like Bruce will be in space for the rest of the series.

Ah, I see Wong's excursion into a fight club with Blonsky in Shang-Chi was construed as a prison break...I don't think Jen is going to be very happy with Wong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dennis was like every sexist cliche they could fit into one person in, like, five seconds.
    Look at those comics! I really want to get a better look and see what they had in there and what it says about MCU canon.
    So are they just going to gloss over the fact that Blonsky forced Sterns to inject him with the serum that turned him into the Abomination? After they already had Banner in custody? And then he rampaged? Ross is partially responsible for Blonsky, but I don't think the Super Soldier Serum is completely to blame for why he went evil. Maybe he's just playing the long con here or is truly genuine about re-forming, but I wouldn't trust him.
    Responding to three parts of your comment in order:
    -- That's good writing,imo. Dennis's comment was so over the top that I laughed at that one. The thing is, if he had said something like "I'm going to hit that" we might not have noticed because refering to a woman as a thing happens all the time. Having him say, "I'm going to talk to it" isn't a common phrase, so we can notice it.
    -- For a look at the comics in their "law library" there's a YT video: (it should start at 10:31, but if it doesn't, that's when he talks about the comic books)

-- I don't remember enough about the movie, but I'm guessing nobody was there to witness that? It's a good point though since many villains overlook their own evil actions to absolve themselves of blame. I kinda hope this doesn't end with Jen and Titania setting aside their grievances to take down Blonsky in a "girls get it done" kinda way, but ... I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-26-2022 at 04:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One good thing about Blonsky being here is that it shows how stupid Marvel is to kill most of it's villains rather than be able to use him later on. I don't think anyone expected to see the Abomination again, but they found use for him. In some cases, the death of the villain couldn't be avoided and shouldn't, but in others it was just silly-Black Panther most notably.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But that's just Blonsky justifying what he did. Not they cold facts. Jen sees there is something to what she says and even justifies taking the case to herself by saying she believes in reform and everyone deserves a second chance. We will see if Blonsky is lying or not. I don't think we are meant to believe everything he said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But that's just Blonsky justifying what he did. Not they cold facts. Jen sees there is something to what she says and even justifies taking the case to herself by saying she believes in reform and everyone deserves a second chance. We will see if Blonsky is lying or not. I don't think we are meant to believe everything he said.
    Wong likes him, so I'm willing to give Blonsky the benefit of the doubt.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    "Sorcerer Supreme" Wong was utterly useless in DS2, so I'm not expecting much from his upcoming appearance. It will likely just be played for a laugh. (which is fine for me)

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would prefer he turned a new leaf. He was right that he was a soldier, not a villain. But to what frontier said, we are not glossing over anything.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!