Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Considering Kingpin is running around freely, it can't be 100% canon, just most of it.
    Well ... There was this thing called the Blip ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If this is in continuity* with the Netflix series, the recolor may be away to differentiate himself from when Bullseye wore his original outfit. And then they'll move on to something else.

*= I think they'll keep some things, omit others, and leave it up to the audience to be smart enough to figure this out.
    This. There is a very good reason, in universe, for Netflix DD to change his look. Would you want to go back to wearing the suit that was used to terrorize your friends, murdering at least one of them?

Not saying they will 100% keep the Netflix stuff, I expect they will but I'm not going to let myself get disappointed if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This. There is a very good reason, in universe, for Netflix DD to change his look. Would you want to go back to wearing the suit that was used to terrorize your friends, murdering at least one of them?
    He technically can't ever go back to the old outfit, lest folks think "Evil" Daredevil is back.

Not saying they will 100% keep the Netflix stuff, I expect they will but I'm not going to let myself get disappointed if they don't.
    That's literally what I was saying. Some things will be in continuity, some won't, the show will leave it to the audience to figure out which is which. I for one never once thought all 100% of the Netflix shows' canon will stay canon. But a good 50-60%, sure.

The real question is how they'll handle Luke, Danny, and Frank. But Matt and Jessica should be fine. And I think whatever they drop canon wise will probably be an improvement. We'll see, but I'm glad its finally happening.

Mighty Member

He technically can't ever go back to the old outfit, lest folks think "Evil" Daredevil is back.
    That really only applies to literally the old DD 2.0 suit. He could pretty easily go back to the all red as long as it was different enough. Like, say, with a bold, linked double D on the chest? That said, pending a better and longer look at it, I'm kind of digging the gold 3.0 look. It's a nice homage to his original suit, but it's muted enough to make sense.

Ultimate Member

About that. When Jen tells her boss that there might be conflict of interest since Blonsky tried to kill her cousin, and he responds "...doesn't matter", I wonder if the whole point of all this is that this is all in essence a kangaroo court that Jen will eventually want to legitimize.
    I get the feeling that whoever has had Blonsky in custody has been playing fast and loose with the law, and he might not have been legally charged with anything yet, *years later,* and She-Hulk is being retained primarily to call attention to it for PR / political reasons, and going to upset the people hiring her to put on a good show by actually *trying to win.* (Since Blonsky's big crime is doing what he was ordered to do, and being subjected to probably illegal experiments that turned him into a monster in the process. Even if he wasn't a nice guy at the start, he still is being punished by the government that turned him into a monster for... being a monster?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I get the feeling that whoever has had Blonsky in custody has been playing fast and loose with the law, and he might not have been legally charged with anything yet, *years later,* and She-Hulk is being retained primarily to call attention to it for PR / political reasons, and going to upset the people hiring her to put on a good show by actually *trying to win.* (Since Blonsky's big crime is doing what he was ordered to do, and being subjected to probably illegal experiments that turned him into a monster in the process. Even if he wasn't a nice guy at the start, he still is being punished by the government that turned him into a monster for... being a monster?)
    If I remember right Blonsky taking the second serum that actually turned him into the Abomination and rampaging was all him. They had Bruce in custody by that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    That really only applies to literally the old DD 2.0 suit. He could pretty easily go back to the all red as long as it was different enough. Like, say, with a bold, linked double D on the chest? That said, pending a better and longer look at it, I'm kind of digging the gold 3.0 look. It's a nice homage to his original suit, but it's muted enough to make sense.
    I can see them giving him a more streamlined red suit in Born Again.

Extraordinary Member

"Sigh" So the problem here isn't the cgi. For the most part they pull it off except for a few scenes in full daylight. Where it's a little wonky. But they keep implying that Jen is a better Hulk than Bruce. From her processing gamma rays better to being "infinitely better at controlling her anger" Because she's a woman??? Brah...I mean hopefully they balance this out in future episodes. But yeah they're def giving the haters a lot to feast on. That post credit joke killed tho

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It was a fun pilot, but doesn't really give anyone a sense on how the show will be because nearly all of it are the scenes with Banner. They probably should have released two or three episodes at once.

Watching it myself. Anybody think the car origin is sort of a homage to Bixby? His first Hulk out was because he hurt his arm pretty badly trying to fix a flat tire. Also his catalyst for trying to find the hidden strengths of people is that his wife died in an accident and he didn't have the strength to save her.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    "Sigh" So the problem here isn't the cgi. For the most part they pull it off except for a few scenes in full daylight. Where it's a little wonky. But they keep implying that Jen is a better Hulk than Bruce. From her processing gamma rays better to being "infinitely better at controlling her anger" Because she's a woman??? Brah...I mean hopefully they balance this out in future episodes. But yeah they're def giving the haters a lot to feast on. That post credit joke killed tho
    I don't know how it happened in the comics, but the fact is She-Hulk has mostly been free of the Hulk's rage issues. That's the She-Hulk we know and love, so the show had to explain that somehow. Jen is the one saying she's a "better" Hulk - because she and Bruce are always poking at each other. She's not spitting scientific fact. You're right that the haters are going ot jump on that, but just because she says it doesn't make it so. And even if it's partly true that she's had more experience controling her anger, so what? Maybe that is true. Whatever - haters are gonna hate.

The thing that really impacted me was the insane pacing of the first episode. There was barely any time to get to know Jen - I liked her opening speech, but then everything happens SO fast, there's barely any time to get acclimated to anything. She's with Bruce, then there's an alien, then she's a Hulk, then she's training, then she not training, then there's another bad guy. Halfway into the opener I felt like I was watching the second episode - things moved way too fast for me; maybe the second ep will be better now that things have been established.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-18-2022 at 11:47 AM.

The comics pretty much imply that Bruce's gamma transformations don't have the same persona because he has multiple personality disorder due to his rough upbringing (The 2003 Hulk movie sort of tried to bring this up a bit).

She Hulk has a few family issues but nowhere near as traumatic as Bruce. Although post Civil War II they kind of made her into more of a Savage hulk at times until recently, I think Immortal Hulk (and also to a lesser degree the current Hulk run) implied that those with gamma derived directly from Banner inherit some of his 'savage' persona, or some sort of rage virus. Hence why She-Hulk, Samson, Amadeus Cho, Rick Jones etc. have had limited 'savage' versions but have otherwise didn't have much of a personality change most of the time. Also why Ross doesn't seem savage at all. With Betty though she's had many of the same dysfunctional life as Bruce hence why she has some persona changes in her gamma forms.

I wasn't too bothered with most of the CGI except for that binder which seemed very fake when Hulk was flipping through it. Of all the things to CG...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know how it happened in the comics, but the fact is She-Hulk has mostly been free of the Hulk's rage issues. That's the She-Hulk we know and love, so the show had to explain that somehow. Jen is the one saying she's a "better" Hulk - because she and Bruce are always poking at each other. She's not spitting scientific fact. You're right that the haters are going ot jump on that, but just because she says it doesn't make it so. And even if it's partly true that she's had more experience controling her anger, so what? Maybe that is true. Whatever - haters are gonna hate.

The thing that really impacted me was the insane pacing of the first episode. There was barely any time to get to know Jen - I liked her opening speech, but then everything happens SO fast, there's barely any time to get acclimated to anything. She's with Bruce, then there's an alien, then she's a Hulk, then she's training, then she not training, then there's another bad guy. Halfway into the opener I felt like I was watching the second episode - things move way too fast much for me; maybe the second ep will be better now that things have been established.
    I actually didn't mind the pacing. It pulled me in and kept me engaged cuz something was always going on. There was really no filler and the ep was longer than I expected.

Wish they stuck more closely with her comic origin, but other then that I enjoyed it.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I mean, most of that is consistent with how she is in the comics compared to Bruce. Th She's always managed her anger/transformation better than Bruce. They still clearly showed he is the physically stronger of the two. The people who are going to screech about "women are better than men" would complain regardless.

I enjoyed the pilot and think they nailed the tone. I do agree it went by pretty quickly and I wish we got 2 episodes a week since they're only 30 minutes. Also, I'm pretty sure that ship came to let Hulk know he's a daddy! Lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I mean, most of that is consistent with how she is in the comics compared to Bruce. Th She's always managed her anger/transformation better than Bruce. They still clearly showed he is the physically stronger of the two. The people who are going to screech about "women are better than men" would complain regardless.

I enjoyed the pilot and think they nailed the tone. I do agree it went by pretty quickly and I wish we got 2 episodes a week since they're only 30 minutes. Also, I'm pretty sure that ship came to let Hulk know he's a daddy! Lol
    Now if that's an intro to the Skaar storyline that would be interesting. Could be the topic of the next Hulk movie if there is one.