Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1324
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If you can't handle people expressing their opinions (which are based on feelings and not evidence) you might reconsider participating in fan forums.
    There's expressing your opinion and then there's saying the character will never appear again at all in any other project.
    Saying something like that needs to be backed up with some kind of evidence, especially when there's no reason she wouldn't come back, because the character isn't dead, and the actress is fine and hasn't walked away from the role or been fired.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    There's expressing your opinion and then there's saying the character will never appear again at all in any other project.
    Saying something like that needs to be backed up with some kind of evidence, especially when there's no reason she wouldn't come back, because the character isn't dead, and the actress is fine and hasn't walked away from the role or been fired.
    It is reasonable conjecture because the lead actress comments about the CEO pretty heavily. Not like people are pulling it out of nowhere. Plus the show was not exactly critically acclaimed or beloved or some ratings juggernaut as far as we know.
    Tatiana was the reason I was even remotely interested in this show. So I hope she can return again in a better format and with more support perhaps somewhere in the MCU.

But, I can see it will be difficult when the volume of product is being cut after losses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It is reasonable conjecture because the lead actress comments about the CEO pretty heavily. Not like people are pulling it out of nowhere. Plus the show was not exactly critically acclaimed or beloved or some ratings juggernaut as far as we know.
    Tatiana was the reason I was even remotely interested in this show. So I hope she can return again in a better format and with more support perhaps somewhere in the MCU.

But, I can see it will be difficult when the volume of product is being cut after losses.
    The idea she's not coming back because Tatiana Maslany commented on Bob Igor is far from a reasonable assumption, Bautista has said a ton about Disney, particularly when James Gunn but did Drax disappear? No he was brought back for Endgame, Thor Love and Thunder, and was one of the main protagonists of Guardians Holiday Special.

And it's factually wrong to say the series wasn't critically acclaimed, it did very well with critics.

The MCU has never been this franchise where they just drop characters like that, that's never been how it works.

Astonishing Member

The idea she's not coming back because Tatiana Maslany commented on Bob Igor is far from a reasonable assumption, Bautista has said a ton about Disney, particularly when James Gunn but did Drax disappear? No he was brought back for Endgame, Thor Love and Thunder, and was one of the main protagonists of Guardians Holiday Special.

And it's factually wrong to say the series wasn't critically acclaimed, it did very well with critics.

The MCU has never been this franchise where they just drop characters like that, that's never been how it works.
    RDJ, Chris Evans, Hemsworth any of the main MCU voicing criticism is clearly different than this case. I mean Scarlett literally sued Disney but if she wanted to come back she would easily get her shot somewhere in the right project. That is completely different from this case. And again I am not personally arguing that Tatianna did or said anything unforgivable. But publicly criticising your boss in public is always balancing act.

I'm not gonna lie the constant doom and gloom people do nowadays makes all these discussions so exhausting.

Where exactly is the evidence that we're never gonna see She Hulk again?

Because I don't see it, it's completely baseless.
    Mmmm, that they implied it in the show and that the show did very poorly. Doesn't prove they won't use the character again but it's definitely a hint.
    Power with Girl is better.

Dude, the show has a 77% approval with critics on RT. That's not the be and end all site but that's an abysmal rating. Far worse, the audience score is 32%- 32%. I liked it personally but the overall audience reaction has been horrible. It did not "so very well with critics."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Dude, the show has a 77% approval with critics on RT. That's not the be and end all site but that's an abysmal rating. Far worse, the audience score is 32%- 32%. I liked it personally but the overall audience reaction has been horrible. It did not "so very well with critics."
    Well, A lot of people don't run to sites to vote they liked a project...A lot of Fan boys do just to bash a project...Online "Audience" scores I take with a grain of salt...

BANNED

Rotten Tomatoes has a history of people using the site to review bomb projects they don't like.

I bet if I go there right now most of the comments are gonna be repeating woke and SJW.
    Last edited by PhantomBoom; 04-22-2024 at 05:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Rotten Tomatoes has a history of people jskng the site to review bombs projects they don't like.

I bet if I go there right now mist of the comments are gonna be repeating woke and SJW.
    Yeah, I think this is a reason I think they stopped allowing audience reviews and scores to be posted before a movie even comes out.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Well, A lot of people don't run to sites to vote they liked a project...A lot of Fan boys do just to bash a project...Online "Audience" scores I take with a grain of salt...
    Fair enough. It's all over the place. Wonder Woman: Critics 93%, Audience 83%.

On the other hand...

Captain Marvel 79%/ 45%. Now, the movie made a billion dollars and we're supposed to believe a 45% score with audiences makes any sense?

But, the problem with She-Hulk's popularity is the biggest evidence of all: it got canceled; no second season.

Discussing why is another matter.

BANNED

Saying a character isn't popular because their show was a canceled is a bad argument when popular shows get canceled left and right, especially now in the age of streaming.

But other than that, most of the shows Marvel have made aren't even meant to have multiple seasons.
    It's really just been the animated shows, Loki, and Daredevil, and all of those had their other seasons either before release or in the case of Loki the day of their season finale.

Astonishing Member

Captain Marvel 79%/ 45%. Now, the movie made a billion dollars and we're supposed to believe a 45% score with audiences makes any sense?
    Yes and no it makes sense.

Yes it makes sense because the distance between CM and The Marvels is massive. Such a huge gap it only makes sense most of the audience who went to see CM was because of Infinity Wars and the ones who left the movie obviously didn't care for the character or the sidekicks. There's always someone who's going to throw out weak arguments about why The Marvels failed spectacularly but it really boiled down to no one caring. Movie was okay not bad.

No it doesn't make sense and that's where the review bombs came in from trolls. But still from 1.13B to 206M? Wow

BANNED

I swear when it comes to Captain Marvel and the Marvels some people just refuse to admit there's any sort of nuance to these subjects because it would go against what they wish to believe.

What data is there to prove a project was "review bombed" vs legitimately disliked? I feel like people throw around the review bombing accusation a little too loosely.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    What data is there to prove a project was "review bombed" vs legitimately disliked? I feel like people throw around the review bombing accusation a little too loosely.
    Well there are very sensitive people out there who hate knowing their beloved movie/tv show is not a critical darling to audiences so they cope by saying it got review bombed to make themselves feel better. Just as there's no way to know if there are 'fake' positive reviews for certain movies/tv shows. Certain youtubers have explained how it goes both ways, new fake accounts who leave positive reviews and that haven't reviewed much else.