Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's what's happened in the comics so it'd make sense.
    I didn't even read those comics LOL. I just came to that conclusion because this show is operating from a certain perspective and I just don't see it allowing the series to end with one woman beating up another woman and sending them to jail for good.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just what is review bombing? It feels like it's only review bombing if a bunch of people dislike a show. Is it review bombing if a bunch of people like a show?
    It seems to mostly happen when certain people have decided they hate something before it even comes out. Whether it's because they think it pushes an SJW agenda or if it simply doesn't fit their expectations for something they're passionate about.

The weirdest one was "The Boys" getting review bombed because they didn't like that Season 2 was being released weekly as opposed to all at once. Seriously, what a bunch of entitled a-holes.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-21-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I didn't even read those comics LOL. I just came to that conclusion because this show is operating from a certain perspective and I just don't see it allowing the series to end with one woman beating up another woman and sending them to jail for good.
    It was actually a pretty good moment in the comics, a kind of, "You have all this stuff going for you, why are you using it to knock over banks?" conversation that I could see working really well thematically here.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's not what happened lol she wasn't comparing his fear of hurting people to anything. She was talking about how she can control her anger because she's had practice. That's it. You're really trying to hate this show for some reason?
    she can control her anger.
    BECAUSE SHE INFINITELY DOES IT while enduring catcalling and mansplaning. that is her PRACTICE. do better
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

the rage issue might be addressed in upcoming episodes, but so far, we got superior she-hulk attacking her cousin physically, attack some bar pricks physically, saving the friggin hulk from a car (!) accident (cause plot device) and moaning like a little spoiled brat. she is so awesome
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    the rage issue might be addressed in upcoming episodes, but so far, we got superior she-hulk attacking her cousin physically, attack some bar pricks physically, saving the friggin hulk from a car (!) accident (cause plot device) and moaning like a little spoiled brat. she is so awesome
    From your description, she sounds like 90% of Marvel heroes when we first meet them - talented, entitled quipsters who aren't self-aware enough to realize their faults. If you just saw the first half hour of most Marvel origin movies, those characters would be just as unlikeable.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    From your description, she sounds like 90% of Marvel heroes when we first meet them - talented, entitled quipsters who aren't self-aware enough to realize their faults. If you just saw the first half hour of most Marvel origin movies, those characters would be just as unlikeable.
    Didn't you know? Women aren't allowed to act the same ways men do!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    you might have missed the might be addressed part. but recent marvel productions felt underwhelming in the hero*ine arc development. big she-hulk fan here, prove me wrong disney

Incredible Member

Why do strong, assertive women disturb you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    yea, equalty... but where is the hardship? that is a congruent message throughout many disney productions, women are just handed their ****, they donīt earn it, if you like that, good for you

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Why do strong, assertive women disturb you?
    love them. but it is not real life, maybe you will realize that in time

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    naah, i am perfect

(jen driving into the sunset after being mansplaned by bruce)
    Last edited by abulafia; 08-21-2022 at 02:35 PM.

yea, equalty... but where is the hardship? that is a congruent message throughout many disney productions, women are just handed their ****, they donīt earn it, if you like that, good for you
    You speak as if you've seen the entire series already.

Lots of heroes get their powers in accidents, btw.

Like...lots.

Stressing again: LOTS.

i hope that the show improves and goes beyond manbashing

but i guess itīll be more of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erBj7WBvP1Q

i hope that the show improves and goes beyond manbashing

but i guess itīll be more of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erBj7WBvP1Q
    I'll most certainly be "entertained" by your posts after the episode in which she carries a man in her arms airs.