Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1324
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would probably lose interest if they did that. Her best runs are literally just like this show and her book always gets canceled when they try and make it just another action book.
    The current run is exactly like this show and it’s already been canceled

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    The cw shows at least had comedy and jokes! Nothing in she hulk with all its 4th wall breaks was as funny as when the legends actually had Jon Nobel show up for an episode. And then they proceed to do meta jokes about the lord of the rings and super hero shows.

I mean legends was just as self aware and progressive as she hulk but it was also very funny! That’s what really kills me about she hulk it’s just not very funny

I
    Legends was mind numbing stupid. I didn't find She-Hulk most of the time but it never had straight up idiotic things like letting the villain go with the McGiffin because it was Christmas, the guy who's suppose to be the smartest one on the team completely screw a mission so he can knighted, the existences of Gary and Moana, being resurrected because of tears. Nah, I'll take She-Hulk over any of that cringe garbage.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Legends was mind numbing stupid. I didn't find She-Hulk most of the time but it never had straight up idiotic things like letting the villain go with the McGiffin because it was Christmas, the guy who's suppose to be the smartest one on the team completely screw a mission so he can knighted, the existences of Gary and Moana, being resurrected because of tears. Nah, I'll take She-Hulk over any of that cringe garbage.
    I will take Gary and funny situations over another episode of Jen complaining about people not liking her on Reddit!

Nope. Gary sucked. It was a chore to get through the show whenever he was onscreen. I could take any other nonsense on that show and find some fun in it, but Gary ... no.

Your gonna say with a straight face that she hulk is less cringe than legends of tomorrow? How? She hulk is a comedy show with no jokes! And a super hero show with no stunts! Just because she hulk had references to other shows you liked doesn’t make it good. If you are just sitting there clapping that wong is there or daredevil is there you don’t actually like she hulk. You like the things it is referencing to keep you watching. People said the best moment from the finale was when they played music from black Panther 2! That’s not even a joke that’s just an ad!
    Because I remember Ally McBeal and Boston Legal and She-Hulk reminded me of them Legal Dramas where the situations and reactions were funny not because of jokes.

Legends had jokes but IMO they weren't funny and just came off as cringe to me.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The current run is exactly like this show and it’s already been canceled
    Has it?
    I just saw a cover solicited for January and it doesn't say anything about #10 being the final issue. On top of that, the current run by Rainbow Rowell isn't much like this show. It has the humor down, and I loed the development of Titania and Jen being work out buddies but the story is more centered around Jack of Hearts mystery than She-Hulk's personality.

I'd be pretty surprised if this was true as even though it's slower than I'd care for it's been a pretty solid top 50 seller so far.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-16-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I will take Gary and funny situations over another episode of Jen complaining about people not liking her on Reddit!
    Yeah no. I'll take angry redditors over intelligence insulting things like Gary being an alien the entire time and the Time Bureau, an organization that Rip Hunter founded after the end of the first season in his time period somehow needs to be funded by the present day federal government to stay afloat.

I'm thinking that if one thinks She-Hulk didn't have any jokes, the jokes flew over that person's head.

I'll chime in here, since I was the one who brought up Legends.
    obatalla said the DD episode felt more like CW than Marvel. I disagreed and said the only CW it might be like is Legends, that is because both were as much comedies as they were adventure. That's it. The two shows don't really compare, except in tone.
    You can like both, you can like either, you can like neither, comedy is subjective.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I would probably lose interest if they did that. Her best runs are literally just like this show and her book always gets canceled when they try and make it just another action book.
    Yeah, but there's more to Jen than just that and I feel like she's usually more embracing of She-Hulk and the life than she's depicted as here. Probably because comics don't have the same budget issues.

By "serious" do you mean the PAD run or Mariko Tamaki run?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but there's more to Jen than just that and I feel like she's usually more embracing of She-Hulk and the life than she's depicted as here. Probably because comics don't have the same budget issues.

By "serious" do you mean the PAD run or Mariko Tamaki run?
    I'm not really sure what you mean by more embracing of She-Hulk, but this show was 100% accurate to Slott's run as far as tone, characterization and action.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm not really sure what you mean by more embracing of She-Hulk, but this show was 100% accurate to Slott's run as far as tone, characterization and action.
    I've read the Slott run and while I can kind of see it, I feel like he leaned more into She-Hulk's personality more than the show did. And didn't quite have Jen flip-flopping on it as much as she did here.

I've read the Slott run and while I can kind of see it, I feel like he leaned more into She-Hulk's personality more than the show did. And didn't quite have Jen flip-flopping on it as much as she did here.
    It seems pretty dead on to me, I'm not sure what else you were looking for.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Slott run was a Jen who has been around and been She Hulk for years and years. The show Jen was still adjusting to the whole thing. In the comics for the longest time Jen didn't even like being Jen and preffered being She Hulk all the time. When she was changed back into Jen by Radioactive Man in and issue of Avengers she hated it. She was not happy again until Hawkeye kept pissing her off until she finally got mad and changed back to She Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Slott run was a Jen who has been around and been She Hulk for years and years. The show Jen was still adjusting to the whole thing. In the comics for the longest time Jen didn't even like being Jen and preffered being She Hulk all the time. When she was changed back into Jen by Radioactive Man in and issue of Avengers she hated it. She was not happy again until Hawkeye kept pissing her off until she finally got mad and changed back to She Hulk.
    This show had the complete opposite where it seems like Jen didn't like being She-Hulk and preferred being Jen all the time.

At first it felt like the show was developing into her accepting She-Hulk or embracing what it offered but it always felt like she was begrudgingly accepting or didn't even fully enjoy the perks enough.

Like she couldn't really properly enjoy being She-Hulk in a single episode (I think the closest was episode 8 where she actually fights crime).

Even now I still feel like if she had a chance to ditch being She-Hulk, she'd still feel tempted to do it and I didn't get a strong sense that she cares for it more now than she did at the beginning of the season. Like one second she wants to be rid of all the typical Superhero stuff but maybe she'll do them? At some point?

Of course some of this was because of the budget because we obviously couldn't have her transformed near as often as the comics do.