Page 1 of 85 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Tatiana Maslany Lands Title Role as She-Hulk

Well I'll be.

I became a fan of hers thanks to Oprhan Black. This is definitely going to be interesting.

Incredible Member

she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg
    I don't think height will be a problem. Look at some of the mocap Josh Brolin did as Thanos. She'd have to walk around with a floating She-Hulk head probably like Brolin did:

Or just use forced perspective whenever possible. Or a combo of the two.

As for bulking up I'm sure she'll get in shape but she doesn't have to look like she's trying to win Ms. Olympia.

Great actress, ....combined with a great character.
    And yeah from the director they've chosen seems like it could be fun!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-18-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Thats what I'm concerned with, how she's gonna look. Make up or CG. The actress is great though, I rather this then they cast some bodybuilder who can barely act.

I don't see the need for her to bulk up, at least excessively so, when She-Hulk is probably going to be entirely CG. Otherwise where's the disparity between Jen Walters and She-Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    The irony is that Jennifer Walters was originally presented as a smaller than average woman on the skinny side. The bigger than average Jenn is a retcon. In fact, the original version was a major part of why she reveled in her She-Hulk form once she had control of it. Having her start lifting weights was great for the fight against the Champion. Changing her height and basic build, not so much.

I kind of hope they drop the whole sleeping around thing too. Granted, there's an element of the She-Hulk form causing her to have a more outgoing personality. I kind of hope they go back to something more akin to what she originally was because that has gotten to be a joke.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see the need for her to bulk up, at least excessively so, when She-Hulk is probably going to be entirely CG. Otherwise where's the disparity between Jen Walters and She-Hulk?
    That's my assumption too. Nowadays, the She-Hulk will be CGI. The actress and stuntwomen will undoubtedly do the scenes to provide the CGI team a literal and figurative model to work from but she doesn't need to bulk up any more than Mark Ruffalo did.

Kind of reminds me of Bill Bixby joking around and saying that, while he jogged, he was diligently spending hours a day not doing pushups and not lifting weights and doing everything he could to make himself look smaller so that Lou would look even more impressive when he hulked out.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The irony is that Jennifer Walters was originally presented as a smaller than average woman on the skinny side. The bigger than average Jenn is a retcon. In fact, the original version was a major part of why she reveled in her She-Hulk form once she had control of it. Having her start lifting weights was great for the fight against the Champion. Changing her height and basic build, not so much.

I kind of hope they drop the whole sleeping around thing too. Granted, there's an element of the She-Hulk form causing her to have a more outgoing personality. I kind of hope they go back to something more akin to what she originally was because that has gotten to be a joke.
    I mean, it's Disney so she's not going to be sleeping around, but I think she should definitely be much more forward and flirty once she becomes She-Hulk.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Excellent choice. I don't have a single worry about this casting.

Mighty Member

I'm not exactly a fan of the character, so I've been kind of watching for news on this project from the fringes. Hoping for something cool, but not really invested.

But now this series has my attention. A stellar addiction to the MCU. Absolutely loved her on Orphan Black (even if that show got too weird for it's own good towards the end).

Mixed feelings about this. The actress is amazing. Seriously, watch "Orphan Black", she's an acting goddess. On the other hand, I've always gotten a kind of Cher vibe from She-Hulk, and she doesn't have that Cher look to her.

I think you are going to get more practical effect than them always trying to do cgi. I think you are going to get a stage 1: Green Skin paint version and stage 2: CGI version when she completely hulk out. It is most cost effective method

Side note just look up her height..Okay maybe it is going to be alot of CGI

Fantastic Member

This sounds like a really solid casting. Orphan Black was probably great practice for a role like She-Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Exactly right.