Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Do people really want to see the little green slippers again? LOL

There is something about this image. I will say that, though:

Although I was a huge fan of the show in it's day, they got very lucky to find a bodybuilder with both the height and muscle mass of Lou Ferrigno. Even at that, it had its weaknesses. What killed a She-Hulk series back then (and they did screen testing for it) was that they could not find any woman who had both the muscularity and the sheer height.

If She-Hulk was done on a farcical level, a live action version might work as part of the joke. Other than that, there was no chance. I think it's more just a fun debate about what woman could possibly pull it off.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I was thinking maybe they'd use something similar to 'shrinking' Chris Evans in First Avenger, but the other way around....guess not.
    They face swapped Evans with a tiny man. They would have had to face swap Tatiana with a giant ass women painted green.

I do hope the cgi on her gets better , they are working on these shows right up till they drop. But I think it’s just as much the design. She looks too human in the face. They didn’t exaggerate her features enough. Do anything less then flawless gonna be stuck in the uncanny valley.

Her next appearance should be in a film. So they can spend movie money perfecting the model and giving the tv side an easier go at it. All that said the show looked fun and some of the shots she didn’t look bad. So don’t think this gonna be a deal breaker for me personally.

Edit: looked into it and they used a face swap in some scenes but they did a lot of VFX plastic surgery(They’re words not mine) to shrink Evans down and used forced perspective.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-20-2022 at 04:23 AM.

I'll wait until VFX artist's weigh in (the Corridor Crew guys or someone else).

It's possible that doing She Hulk is more complicated than what they did with Chris Evans. Evans actually has Captain America's physique so all they had to do was digitally transplant his face to someone who had skinny Steve's physique and shrink Evans down for some scenes. Both physiques are possible in real life. If you're doing the reverse with She Hulk, where you digitally transplant Maslany's performance over a muscular woman, you also have the added complication of said muscular woman having to be green and needing to be digitally altered to look bigger because no RL woman has the proportions She Hulk is usually drawn with, which leads us to the question; why not just make the original actress bigger?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll wait until VFX artist's weigh in (the Corridor Crew guys or someone else) weighs in.

It's possible that doing She Hulk is more complicated than what they did with Chris Evans. Evans actually has Captain America's physique so they had digitally transplant his face to someone who had skinny Steve physique and shrink Evans down during some scenes. Both physiques are realistic in real life. If you're doing the reverse with She Hulk, where you digitally transplant Maslany's performance over a muscular woman, you also have the added complication of said muscular woman having to be green and needing to be digitally altered to look bigger because no RL woman has the proportions She Hulk is usually drawn with which brings us back to the question of why not just make the original actress bigger?
    Yea I don’t think there was a better way to do it. Think the design is the issue. You can see Ruffalo in Hulks face, but all the proportions are exaggerated. Doesn’t look like a real face, same with Thanos. She Hulk looks way too much like a normal face painted green and scaled up. I don’t know how you could have gotten around this though. They aren’t doing savage She Hulk so the point is kind of that she looks somewhat normal for a big green lady. But yea I too can’t wait for Corridor crew to tackle this and get they’re opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    $20-25 million for 9-10 episodes is a boatload of money in my view. I think people who are already fans of the MCU will enjoy it and not worry about the effects. I'm just disappointed because I love She-Hulk and I know Marvel can do way better on an even tighter budget. To me, a trailer is a look at a finished product, but there are some cases when that just isn't true. And you could be right about Marvel being stretched thin. If I were a fan of the MCU (I'm mostly a fan of Marvel comics) I feel like I'd want less output and more quality.
    I certainly would be happy for a few projects to be cut in order to facilitate higher quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow. Thanks for this information. I didn't know that. Universal should really just play ball. Feige and company know what they're doing. I'm just concerned that Ruffalo is getting a bit old. I think he's been in the MCU for a decade now. I want Banner to have a "good ending" there.
    One of the good things about Hulk being cgi is that, potentially, Ruffalo could continue playing the character for years - unlike Thor, Cap, Iron Man, we don’t really have to worry about him aging out of the role - as long as he can still play Banner we’re good! He doesn’t need to do stunts or look like a superhero, just carry on being as charismatic as he has been this whole time (and hopefully get a bit more to do, story wise)!

It’s a pity about the Disney/Universal thing - MCU is able to embrace the weirder sides of the source material now that it’s cemented itself as the biggest franchise in the world, and I think they could exploit so much of Hulk’s source material with that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I hope Banner is at least partly "redeemed" in She-Hulk after his underwhelming portrayals in Avengers 3 and 4. I wonder if this will be the Hulk's last appearance in the MCU.
    I think there's room for more of him in the future, he's with Captain Marvel.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Going for a live-action actress to play she-hulk probably would have made more sense(Jade Cargill). Way easier to pull off with budget constraints. But I do think ppl are over-reacting to the bad c.g.i here.
    Except for the fact that they have a very very talented actress in Maslany and they would have to swap her out for a big wrestler who is more than likely not 10% as good as actress as Maslany is. This is not like the old Hulk show where he would change from Bruce to Hulk and then growl for 5 minutes then turn back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    One of the good things about Hulk being cgi is that, potentially, Ruffalo could continue playing the character for years - unlike Thor, Cap, Iron Man, we don’t really have to worry about him aging out of the role - as long as he can still play Banner we’re good! He doesn’t need to do stunts or look like a superhero, just carry on being as charismatic as he has been this whole time (and hopefully get a bit more to do, story wise)!

It’s a pity about the Disney/Universal thing - MCU is able to embrace the weirder sides of the source material now that it’s cemented itself as the biggest franchise in the world, and I think they could exploit so much of Hulk’s source material with that in mind!
    I have feel like this is probably going to permanently retire him unless they come up with a Maestro story or cameo reason. But Hulk doing a lot of Hulk stuff seems like it's coming to an end for Bruce.

Extraordinary Member

Her next appearance should be in a film. So they can spend movie money perfecting the model and giving the tv side an easier go at it.
    Well remember they did spend movie money for the first mcu hulk film but over time after that hulk look better.
    Keep in movie money is spend and still certain folks have problems with some of the cgi in almost or all the films.
    Some more then others.
    Take justice league 2017 for example.

The mcu disney plus show have do movie budgets but broken up into 6 to 9 episodes depending on the show.The budgets will be 150 million to 200 million and higher if needed in the future kevin said.
    The overall cgi looks really good.
    There ARE some scenes that could have some more touch ups but there is time for that down the road.The moon knight cgi looks really good too overall.Anyway the cgi for both shows looks movie level.Heck you have folks that i have seen saying the cgi for avatar 1 and 2 does not look realistic,so there are always folks complaining even if its a movie that has a high budget.Believe it or not there are folks who say thano's cgi was not all that good either.Heck i seen a few folks saying it was bad.Just spoiled brats.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-21-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is another point of view.
    SHE-HULK CGI EXPLAINED! Uncanny Valley & Marvel VFX Process Breakdown

Ultimate Member

Supposedly the reason She-Hulk looks so skinny is due to the studio execs

https://twitter.com/OneRadChee/statu...58855977455642

Extraordinary Member

I think She Hulk is due to be 10 episodes - so if the $200 million figure is correct, its $20 million per episode, with a lot of that money going to cast, crew, writers, directors, licensing, locations, taxes, editing, special effects, etc.
    The episodes for she-hulk is 9 and they are 30 minutes for each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

I definitely see your point of view. Ruffalo can definitely do this for a few more years yet. And I would like to see some great Hulk stories "loosely" adapted for the big and small screens. Because I really REALLY love Banner. BUT, I want Bruce to get a satisfying ending to his story too. The Hulk has been in the MCU for fourteen years. That's a long time. Lots of continuity to follow. I just feel Disney/Universal should at least give Banner a movie. Folks WILL come to watch it.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-20-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think She Hulk is due to be 10 episodes - so if the $200 million figure is correct, its $20 million per episode, with a lot of that money going to cast, crew, writers, directors, licensing, locations, taxes, editing, special effects, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The episodes for she-hulk is 9 and they are 30 minutes for each episode.
    Note-Kevin feige said each episode currently for the disney plus marvel shows is 25 million,so for she-hulk the show is 225 million.