Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I'll most certainly be "entertained" by your posts after the episode in which she carries a man in her arms airs.
    why so serious? it´s just popcorn. who doesn´t love to be thrown around? I M IN
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    why so serious? it´s just popcorn. who doesn´t love to be thrown around? I M IN
    You've made more posts about the subject than I have, dear friend. Don't play that card.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    You've made more posts about the subject than I have, dear friend. Don't play that card.
    got me have a nice evening
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Incredible Member

One good thing about shows like this. It helps expose the man children for who they really are. It’s a public service.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    One good thing about shows like this. It helps expose the man children for who they really are. It’s a public service.
    It would only be a service if there were any repurcussions or if anyone learned anything.

wouldn´t it be nice if everyone was as civil as i am?

get me that shoe? won´t fit, get me that shoe

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's almost like this show will have more than one episode in it.
    I like the character, and think Tatiana Maslany is a terrific actress, based off her work in Orphan Black. I really hope the show gets better as it goes along. I thought the episode was okay, but I didn’t get the feeling that I couldn’t wait to see what happens next. Also, aside from a few chuckles, it wasn’t as funny as I’d hope it would be. This was probably the weakest first episode out of all the Disney + shows I’ve seen so far.

So there were rumors around two years ago that a young Bruce would show up, probably in a flashback with him and Jen maybe? They'll probably of course have him still be played by Rufallo but using the same FX we've seen in the MCU (and Star Wars) before to make him look younger. It would be hilarious if they got Edward Norton to play him but I don't think they're going for that level of silliness, plus I don't think Norton parted on the best of terms.

Speaking of which, Bruce using meditation techniques is pretty much consistent with that movie, of all things (It's also something that they took from the controversial Bruce Jones comic run, along with Mr.Blue and Green)

Doubt it'd deal with Bruce's comic past though, something the MCU pretty much ignores (Possibly because it was kind of covered in the 2003 movie and they'd rather distance themselves from that).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Doubt it'd deal with Bruce's comic past though, something the MCU pretty much ignores (Possibly because it was kind of covered in the 2003 movie and they'd rather distance themselves from that).
    I keep thinking it's because they just covered Moon Knight where Marc's split-personality stemmed from parental abuse like Bruce's.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    I like the character, and think Tatiana Maslany is a terrific actress, based off her work in Orphan Black. I really hope the show gets better as it goes along. I thought the episode was okay, but I didn’t get the feeling that I couldn’t wait to see what happens next. Also, aside from a few chuckles, it wasn’t as funny as I’d hope it would be. This was probably the weakest first episode out of all the Disney + shows I’ve seen so far.
    No, Ms. Marvel is still the weakest first episode.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No, Ms. Marvel is still the weakest first episode.
    My vote would go to WandaVision for the weakest first episode. Although I loved the series as it went along and give it credit for what it was trying to do I just wasn’t really into a black and white 50’s sitcom.

Are they touching on the Brian Banner stuff at all?

Or did it happen and they're just skirting around it? Or is it like Uncle Ben where they just don't mention it at all?

There should also be some kind of expiry date on mentioning or not mentioning certain things. The Holland Spider-man movies were too hamstrung by trying not to be like the other Spider-Man movies. Likewise, I felt that the Elektra sub plot in DD S2 was lackluster because they were too conscious of the Affleck. Even with Hulk, they are avoiding some of the most fundamental aspect of his character because it was done in other movies. Exploring Hulk's psychology and childhood trauma could also prove to be meaningful to the audience as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    My vote would go to WandaVision for the weakest first episode. Although I loved the series as it went along and give it credit for what it was trying to do I just wasn’t really into a black and white 50’s sitcom.
    That’s interesting, because Wandavision & Ms. Marvel are my 2 favorites of the Disney Marvel shows. Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Are they touching on the Brian Banner stuff at all?

Or did it happen and they're just skirting around it? Or is it like Uncle Ben where they just don't mention it at all?

There should also be some kind of expiry date on mentioning or not mentioning certain things. The Holland Spider-man movies were too hamstrung by trying not to be like the other Spider-Man movies. Likewise, I felt that the Elektra sub plot in DD S2 was lackluster because they were too conscious of the Affleck. Even with Hulk, they are avoiding some of the most fundamental aspect of his character because it was done in other movies. Exploring Hulk's psychology and childhood trauma could also prove to be meaningful to the audience as well.
    We have to remember this is She-Hulk’s show. All that can and should be explored if they ever get to do a stand alone Hulk movie or show. Hulk is just a guest star in this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    That’s interesting, because Wandavision & Ms. Marvel are my 2 favorites of the Disney Marvel shows. Different strokes for different folks, and all that.
    They are 2 of my favorites as well but WandaVision started off kinda slow for me personally although it quickly ramped up after the first two episodes.