Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I think the overwhelming negative reactions to the CGI has been over blown. it was tending on twitter all through out yesterday and I don't get it, so the cgi is bad, for a streaming show I can sort of live with that when you compare it to their actual movies that have very weak fake looking cgi.

I feel the CGI of Dr Strange and NWH should be getting more criticism than She Hulk that is a steaming show.

Although with She Hulk, I wonder why Disney just can not just hire the people behind the VFX of Game of Thrones, I know money is no issue. Disney has more money than HBO.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-19-2022 at 08:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I am super hyped for Tatiana. I LOVED her in Orphan Black. So I am down to watch this despite not being that big a fan of She-Hulk in comics really. But, some of the CGI is a bit jarring in the trailer. Its giving some Shrek, maybe Gumby, sometimes cartoonish...vibes that I'm a bit concerned with.
    Marvel in general has always had their CGI look cartoonish. I always felt Disney likes it that way because they think that is best way to make kids watch their products and I have always found that very frustrating and even terrifying because it means this is how all their x-men stuff are now going to look. which terrifies me as a X-Men fan that has always enjoyed the more grounded sci-fi vfx looks some of the xmen movies had or the more cerebral look of their tv shows like Legion.

Maybe they did not expect this backlash with She Hulk, but I don't know why there is a jarring quality drop between She Hulk and Wandavision. I am thinking this is because Disney is just making too many things withy marvel and star wars all so fast so the quality is decreasing because so much is going on. Someone has already told me that Boba Fett quality is no where near as good as The Mandalorian. So maybe this is what happening here to with she hulk.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-19-2022 at 08:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh yes. Tatiana Maslany was perfect casting fort his. Orphan Black was practically her audition reel lol.
    I haven't seen Orphan Black, but now I may have to give it a shot!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If they are going in a new direction for Hulk I would much rather see the Grey Hulk. The Jeckle and Hyde relationship between Bruce and Hulk during that era was fantastic. Two distinct personalities having to live in one body switching back and forth.

As for the show I think they nailed the tone of She Hulk 100%. This looks fun like the best She Hulk comics are. This looks like it was done by people who really understand the character and what people love about her. Thank god they did not go with that god awful rodied out she beast version of recent years. I agree with what been said about the CGI looking a little off, but also agree that because She Hulk looks so much more normal than Hulk it is much harder for people to fool their minds. No matter how good CGI is there will always be that tricky area when it comes to really getting real people down. I do think that in the few months before ther premiere they will go in and smooth it out and make it look better though.

All in all I am very excited for this show.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-19-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If they are going in a new direction for Hulk I would much rather see the Grey Hulk. The Jeckle and Hyde relationship between Bruce and Hulk during that era was fantastic. Two distinct personalities having to live in one body switching back and forth.

As for the show I think they nailed the tone of She Hulk 100%. This looks fun like the best She Hulk comics are. This looks like it was done by people who really understand the character and what people love about her. Thank god they did not go with that god awful rodied out she beast version of recent years. I agree with what been said about the CGI looking a little off, but also agree that because She Hulk looks so much more normal than Hulk it is much harder for people to fool their minds. No matter how good CGI is there will always be that tricky area when it comes to really getting real people down. I do think that in the few months before ther premiere they will go in and smooth it out and make it look better though.

All in all I am very excited for this show.
    The MCU really doesn't seem interested in mining the emotional minefield that is Bruce Banners' psyche and various Hulk personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I haven't seen Orphan Black, but now I may have to give it a shot!
    Please do. You'll at least love the first season. I loved it from beginning to end. Playing all those different characters (clones) with wildly different personalities got Tatiana a few awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Universal only has distribution rights.
    Oh really? I didn't know that. I still think Disney hasn't made any Hulk movies lately because they have to divvy up box office profits with Universal. I just want Marvel Studios to fix the damage that was done to Banner by the Russos.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Speaking of damage, he doesn't have the sling on his arm anymore. Hulk can be an active hero again

Extraordinary Member

Going for a live-action actress to play she-hulk probably would have made more sense(Jade Cargill). Way easier to pull off with budget constraints. But I do think ppl are over-reacting to the bad c.g.i here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Over-reaction on the internet!
    Say it isn't so.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

I think even if they got a live person to play Shulkie, there'd still have to be some cgi involved for Jen. I really don't see in today's world the showrunners casting an entirely different person for her regular form. They'd probably do something similar to what they did with Cap before he got the formula in the first Cap movie and in that one flashback in Winter Soldier. They'd cast someone with a significantly smaller frame and just cgi the actress who plays She-Hulk onto the body except not green.

Either way there'd be cgi. I guess it's just up to our imagination as to which one would be worse.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I think even if they got a live person to play Shulkie, there'd still have to be some cgi involved for Jen. I really don't see in today's world the showrunners casting an entirely different person for her regular form. They'd probably do something similar to what they did with Cap before he got the formula in the first Cap movie and in that one flashback in Winter Soldier. They'd cast someone with a significantly smaller frame and just cgi the actress who plays She-Hulk onto the body except not green.

Either way there'd be cgi. I guess it's just up to our imagination as to which one would be worse.
    There was no chance she wasn't going to be CG in this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was no chance she wasn't going to be CG in this.
    That's what I'm saying. It just seems as if there are some who think a non-cgi woman just painted green was ever a viable option, though.

That's what I'm saying. It just seems as if there are some who think a non-cgi woman just painted green was ever a viable option, though.
    Maybe some people wanted to harken back to the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno era .

I was thinking maybe they'd use something similar to 'shrinking' Chris Evans in First Avenger, but the other way around....guess not.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth