Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want the actual Taskmaster and not the in name only character we got in BW. BW sucked in IM2 but the core of the character was there. That's not the case for Taskmaster.
    I’m genuinely surprised Taskmaster has so many fans. I think even if Marvel succeeds in making Taskmaster/Thunderbolts a hit with movie audiences the comic book fans won’t be happy because it’s not the character from the comics.

That’s unfortunate but the MCU and the comics have never lined up perfectly. Thinking of it like an Elseworld story might help since that’s basically what it is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post

That’s unfortunate but the MCU and the comics have never lined up perfectly. Thinking of it like an Elseworld story might help since that’s basically what it is.
    This doesn't work for me because MCU Taskmaster isn't a character. She is a brainwashed killing machine with absolutely nothing to herself. She didn't need to be Taskmaster if that's what they wanted.

This doesn't work for me because MCU Taskmaster isn't a character. She is a brainwashed killing machine with absolutely nothing to herself. She didn't need to be Taskmaster if that's what they wanted.
    Yes, she was that in the BW film. It doesn't make sense to assume she'll act the same way considering the brainwashing program is broken and this is an ensemble film. If anything, this film is likely to actually give her a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yes, she was that in the BW film. It doesn't make sense to assume she'll act the same way considering the brainwashing program is broken and this is an ensemble film. If anything, this film is likely to actually give her a personality.
    Personally I'm hoping for Antonia gets benched. She goes live a normal life somewhere so we can get a more authentic Taskmaster.

Incredible Member

You literally just described Winter Soldier. If Bucky can get fleshed out then so can Taskmaster.

You literally just described Winter Soldier. If Bucky can get fleshed out then so can Taskmaster.
    Bucky had a defined character before he became the winter soldier. It's not the same.

Incredible Member

Bucky had a defined character before he became the winter soldier. It's not the same.
    Ok. If you say so.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, he really didn't get much of a personality until F&TWS. I listened to a few podcasts about it and they said the same. And I agree. I look forward to seeing what they do with Antonia as Taskmaster.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Good point. I'm intrigued, since she's been more or less raised by Widows since the end of BW, and she'll remain partnered with Yelena in this movie. Will she quietly look up to Yelena (boring!), or be in a more rebellious teenager phase of emotional development, finding her own voice and volition after years of having choices made for her by her father (a more serious take on 'teenager Groot's' attitude, perhaps, and something that would lend itself to her showing off a bit in fights, pulling against Yelena's authority, having to be dragged out of a fight she's been ordered to draw back from, or even starting fights just for a chance to 'act up.').

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Ms marvel is a huge up for critics because it is highest rated mcu project ever.
    All the adult MCU fans I talk with think Ms. Marvel is passable and nothing special. No one has said it's their favorite. Maybe if I asked high school girls I would get a completely different answer. Most overrated MCU TV show IMO. Paper Girls(I know it's not Marvel but it deals with young girls) is better than this ShoJo Scott Pilgrim CW series.
    Last edited by Colossus1980; 09-25-2022 at 01:56 PM.

This is a lot of Thunderbolts talk for a She-Hulk thread. There's a Thunderbolts thread too...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    All the adult MCU fans I talk with think Ms. Marvel is passable and nothing special. No one has said it's their favorite. Maybe if I asked high school girls I would get a completely different answer. Most overrated MCU TV show IMO. Paper Girls(I know it's not Marvel but it deals with young girls) is better than this ShoJo Scott Pilgrim CW series.
    Different strokes. The adults I know who watched it really enjoyed it. They especially liked her family dynamic and the look into the culture. I also listen to a lot of podcasts by adults that cover genre tv and they mostly seem to think it was great. I hope the directors seemingly teasing a 2nd season turns out to be true.

I haven’t watched Paper Girls but hate to hear that Amazon won’t be picking it up for another season.

I’m enjoying this show. I think my only problems with it are the editing and the attempts at long form storytelling - I think it would work a lot better with a simple sitcom set up of each episode being one and done, without many threads carrying over. I think it would give more time for jokes and gags

BANNED

I've only seen two episodes so far. I am not the biggest fan of the MCU at all, but am always open-minded, there have been a few things from it that have entertained me. When it comes to the TV shows, Loki was by far the best.

When it comes to this one, I think it's passable and don't really agree with the online meltdowns over it. It's scarcely 'woke' and feels like a very authentic adaptation of the various modern She-Hulk comic book runs, and it's kicked off the much anticipated follow-up storylines to 2008's Incredible Hulk movie, which is one of my favourite MCU entries and I always felt it had a black sheep status in the series.

I'll see what the remaining episodes are like, but so far it's entertaining and I'm glad they don't use the She-Hulk form all the time, I don't think they could if they wanted to, that s*it is hard work and all the ugly stories you hear about the VFX artists would have been worse off if it were a consistent occurrence.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    What on earth do you think any of those three things are like