Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Supposedly the reason She-Hulk looks so skinny is due to the studio execs

https://twitter.com/OneRadChee/statu...58855977455642
    Seemed like people were more concerned about her face than her physicality, but more people seemed fine with her looking like comic She-Hulk.

Retired

When you hire a Tatiana Maslany, you hire for her the high quality of her acting. And a lot of that acting happens around the face. The uncanny valley is so apparent here because you don't see much of her face acting. All those micro-expressions she's capable of are not there. Instead of C.G.I., they should have just put some green cellophane over the lens. Only a few bucks at any art supply store. There, I've saved Disney a load of loonies.

Extraordinary Member

Amber Heard Fired from Aquaman, She-Hulk Looks Awful?, MCU Cut Magneto from MCU & More I TCBC

She-Hulk Looks Bad? [26:02]
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWETuY9Pb4
    Last edited by mace11; 05-21-2022 at 03:11 PM.

CGI takes a while. Covid had a huge effect on the industry. I expect it to look a lot better by the release. I work with 3D daily, and it takes a while to get textures right.
    EVAl180.jpgEVAl176.jpg

These took me a bit to get down, and they are static. Good thing is, like the Hulk, I have the textures ready to render at anytime, since I put in the work already.

does MCU Jen have the "fourth wall vision"? I'm not such a fan of that in the regular comics. I thought it was best left as a conceit of John Byrne's tenure on the comics.

with the memes that have been generated so far-- and the commentary articles relating to the memes and hot-takes on social media.. I hope people don't go overboard speculating on her sexual stamina and how often she's going to be "hooking up" in the show. That's going to get a little weird.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope people don't go overboard speculating on her sexual stamina and how often she's going to be "hooking up" in the show. That's going to get a little weird.
    Eh, that's pretty normal actually.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk CGI Upgraded On Disney+ Trailer

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

I wonder if they went the CGI route so they could hire less union people, like makeup artists.

I found this article interesting:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-...i-problem/amp/

In a business renowned for the strength of its guilds, visual effects artists are not heavily unionized. This means that they are underpaid for the labor that they do, with visual effects companies forced to underbid for contracts with major studios. This also means that major studios can exert considerable leverage over these artists, forcing them to work absurd hours to insane deadlines. This is a particular problem when studios vastly underestimate the work involved.
    The argument here might be that digital effects look more “realistic,” the same logic that — along with a broader trend toward militarizing these characters — explains why cloth costumes are often replaced with armored paneling in live action. However, looking at some of the examples already cited, that’s not convincing. It might be fairer to suggest that these computer effects simply look more generic and less stylized, more in keeping with “how over-lit everything is in the Marvel franchise.”

CGI is not the problem here. CGI can be used beautifully, both overtly and covertly. The problem arises when CGI is used as a cudgel, with no appreciation of these effects as an artform unto themselves. Filmmaking is a beautiful process that includes a myriad of tools and possibilities, requiring inventiveness and ingenuity. There is a place for everything, especially CGI. However, that place isn’t “at the last minute” and “everywhere.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I wonder if they went the CGI route so they could hire less union people, like makeup artists.

Really? They already hire plenty of makeup artists for Gamora, Nebula, Drax and Vision to name a few. If the problem of creating She Hulk in live action could be solved by makeup they would do that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post

They went the CGI route because they want the character to be played a decent actress. Or, in this case, a great one. Who is like 5'2". So you're either going CG, or you're bringing in some kind of wrestler/body builder stand in to do the She-Hulk scenes, and completely sacrificing the acting component. One of those leaves your brilliant performer in the driver's seat, the other one doesn't.

People like to bring up the old Hulk show, but the only acting Ferrigno had to do in that was look intimidating, growl, and flex. I don't want to undersell how good he was at doing those things, but it's not exactly brilliant character work.

Extraordinary Member

How does bad cgi help a "great actress".

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How does bad cgi help a "great actress".
    By allowing her to still play the character.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    By allowing her to still play the character.
    If the performance is obscured or undone by bad CGI it's not doing her any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    If the performance is obscured or undone by bad CGI it's not doing her any favors.
    But it's not. The "bad CGI" is being a bit overblown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    They went the CGI route because they want the character to be played a decent actress. Or, in this case, a great one. Who is like 5'2". So you're either going CG, or you're bringing in some kind of wrestler/body builder stand in to do the She-Hulk scenes, and completely sacrificing the acting component. One of those leaves your brilliant performer in the driver's seat, the other one doesn't.

People like to bring up the old Hulk show, but the only acting Ferrigno had to do in that was look intimidating, growl, and flex. I don't want to undersell how good he was at doing those things, but it's not exactly brilliant character work.
    And it's not exactly like the modern She-Hulk in any way, shape or form resembles the Ferrigno era Hulk in the least as far as portrayal is concerned. Jen Walters is still pretty much Jen Walters as She-Hulk. Ferrigno was pretty much just a howling beast (although a heroic one).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.