Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

The CW hero shows have lasted so long, in part, because they saved money on the CGI. Seems Disney may be trying that formula out.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

In regards to the CGI. Can anyone name a TV show with better looking CGI? Specifically in relation to human faces/ bodies. I think we are really hitting the limits of what can be done before the uncanny valley effect kicks in. Especially with female faces. You can use tricks with facial hair and wrinkles to make a male face more believable that won’t work with a young woman’s face that is smooth and clear of blemish.

I don't really see these CGI complaints that being said ... This feels straight off the pages to me !

Off to a good start.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I hope Banner is at least partly "redeemed" in She-Hulk after his underwhelming portrayals in Avengers 3 and 4. I wonder if this will be the Hulk's last appearance in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I hope Banner is at least partly "redeemed" in She-Hulk after his underwhelming portrayals in Avengers 3 and 4. I wonder if this will be the Hulk's last appearance in the MCU.
    I will be shocked if Bruce gets to do much in this beyond mentoring Jen.

I don't think this is going to deliver on any much-needed Hulk fixes.

I really want to watch this. The more I watch the trailer the more excited I get. Looks like it could be the most fun of the MCU shows.

And I want to be part of the band wagon so I will add.

Man the CGI! Damn! I cant believe a show about a 7 foot tall super strong green lawyer who dates around is not at all realistic looking.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really want to watch this. The more I watch the trailer the more excited I get. Looks like it could be the most fun of the MCU shows.

And I want to be part of the band wagon so I will add.

Man the CGI! Damn! I cant believe a show about a 7 foot tall super strong green lawyer who dates around is not at all realistic looking.
    I would say realism is not the issue here. The effects are genuinely bad. For example the shot at 0:59, her clothes and skin look like old video game rendering. It's not about whether or not you can tell there are digital effects, but how well the digital creation is integrated in its environment. Lighting, textures, height and weight all factor in to this. To me, the effects on her look poor. Marvel has had far better CGI, for example Agents of SHIELD had numerous CGI creations that were perfectly immersed in real life environments:

Shadow creatures are certainly easier than humanoids, but there are more examples. Ghost Rider looked incredible. And I wouldn't say the effect is "believable," like I think the shadow inhuman is a real thing, but to me it looks like it is in the room and part of the environment.

Just my opinion. I'm sure the effects will be perfected by the time the series premieres, but hopefully not due to overworking the artists because of the fan response.
    Last edited by James Cameron; 05-18-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    "Why is there comedy in my TV show adapting a comedy-based comic book!?!?!?!?!"
    To be fair it was over saturated elsewhere in the MCU. So it's just kinda old for some. Tbh I got tired if it myself.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Extraordinary Member

thundercat2000ca quote-
    The issue is She Hulk is normally quite proportional to a normal human body vs. The Hulk, whose exaggerated proportions make it easier to look past the uncanny valley. With Jen, no matter how good she looks, our eyes will still see it as "wrong" to one degree or another. Still IMO she looks great.

jakeblitzcoffie quote-
    This feels like the Sonic reveal trailer 2.0.....

Haridas Palleeri quote-
    exactly. Hulk is so out of proportions that the its past the uncanny valley. She is not past that point so it looks weird

thundercat2000ca quote-
    @jakeblitzcoffie It's not that bad.... nothing can ever be that bad.
    Here some talk about cgi for she hulk and hulk.
    She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - Trailer Reaction and Breakdown

Heroes Reforged

A few comments inside the link

superkid801 quote-
    I’m looking forward to seeing this. She doesn’t look bad, but I need to see her in motion. My dad loves this character and is excited for it! I look forward to your reactions on the show!

Michael Wolf quote-
    I think there's also a Gender barrier in CGI. A lot of the things that make Hulk look good are the sort of things women work hard to conceal, and finding that line between beautiful woman and uncanny valley is something real women struggle with every time they're putting on makeup to go out.

blueblamkiss quote-
    I’m pretty sure that the CGI will be fixed before it airs. Remember how the MoonKnight peek wasn’t finished when we first saw the bathroom fight, but the jackal wasn’t finished. All in all I can’t wait for my favorite Marvel character to get her shine, because she deserves it.

B Magda quote-
    I am 100% sold on this. I personally don't have any issue with the CGI. And I expect it to be better on release as well. And hyped for Wong being confirmed to be in it. Frog Man is absolutely who that is! And **** yeah!
    And for real, Charlie Cox will show up to some degree.

ConflictStar quote-
    I fear that Marvel Studios is starting to get to the dreaded "Star Wars Level" of audience expectation, where they have less and less room for a project to just be OK. Everyone expects everything to be the "best thing ever" and if it fails to meet that bar, suddenly it's "absolutely awful".

J quote-
    Yuppp I've been seeing that with many fans since Endgame ��

Britt Bebop quote-
    Right they are so ungrateful ����*♀️ Marvel single-handedly helped us all get through this pandemic & no other studios care as much as Feige does
    Last edited by mace11; 05-18-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

SHE-HULK TRAILER BREAKDOWN! Easter Eggs You Missed & CGI Analysis!

Extraordinary Member

She Hulk Trailer BREAKDOWN - Easter Eggs Explained, Comic, Things You Missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will be shocked if Bruce gets to do much in this beyond mentoring Jen.

I don't think this is going to deliver on any much-needed Hulk fixes.
    Ah man. That sounds a bit depressing to me. I want Bruce to have at least one last chance to shine in the MCU. Not sure if that's ever gonna happen since Universal owns the rights to the Hulk as far as I know.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ah man. That sounds a bit depressing to me. I want Bruce to have at least one last chance to shine in the MCU. Not sure if that's ever gonna happen since Universal owns the rights to the Hulk as far as I know.
    Universal only has distribution rights.

Rumours are that the end of the season will set up Hulk for a new story. I personally think we’ll be getting a more savage Hulk again at some point - It would be a good way for them to introduce Wolverine after all

Astonishing Member

I am super hyped for Tatiana. I LOVED her in Orphan Black. So I am down to watch this despite not being that big a fan of She-Hulk in comics really. But, some of the CGI is a bit jarring in the trailer. Its giving some Shrek, maybe Gumby, sometimes cartoonish...vibes that I'm a bit concerned with.