Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode. Being She Hulk all the time and liking it is a big part of the reason people love the character (and why most hate the current savage She Hulk). She is supposed to be a fun character and I just have a bad feeling she is going to come off as Bruce Banner lite here all angsty and angry.
    All the MCU Disney+ shows thus far were supposedly given MCU film budgets. Gotta stretch that money but They can afford the CGI. Just don't expect to see her she Hulk for long periods of time. She hulks tough though. She's more human looking then Hulk by alot which is gonna make it harder to pull off. PROFESSOR Hulk looked pretty good so I mean from a technical stand point. So nevermind it could work.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-19-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Zero Hunter;5149671]I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode. Being She Hulk all the time and liking it is a big part of the reason people love the character (and why most hate the current savage She Hulk). She is supposed to be a fun character and I just have a bad feeling she is going to come off as Bruce Banner lite here all angsty and angry.[/QUOTE]

Why? Maslany is very good at being funny in Orphan Black, while that may be a darker series than Disney+ her being hired is by no means a confirmation Marvel's making a series like with that tone. The show runner made her bones on tv shows like Brooklyn 99. All we know is who they hired to be its show runner and the star, relax. This isn't Netflix. In Aaron's Avengers Jen is occasionally not in Hulk mode.

Retired

You can adjust how large a person appears in the frame by using different lenses and where the actors stand relative to one another. These days, a lot of film sets will be using these visual tricks so the cast can social distance yet appear close together. They don't need to throw away all their budget on computer imaging.

[QUOTE=Steel Inquisitor;5150578]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode. Being She Hulk all the time and liking it is a big part of the reason people love the character (and why most hate the current savage She Hulk). She is supposed to be a fun character and I just have a bad feeling she is going to come off as Bruce Banner lite here all angsty and angry.[/QUOTE]

Why? Maslany is very good at being funny in Orphan Black, while that may be a darker series than Disney+ her being hired is by no means a confirmation Marvel's making a series like with that tone. The show runner made her bones on tv shows like Brooklyn 99. All we know is who they hired to be its show runner and the star, relax. This isn't Netflix. In Aaron's Avengers Jen is occasionally not in Hulk mode.

I hope this show's take is the farthest thing from Aaron's She-Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    All the MCU Disney+ shows thus far were supposedly given MCU film budgets. Gotta stretch that money but They can afford the CGI. Just don't expect to see her she Hulk for long periods of time. She hulks tough though. She's more human looking then Hulk by alot which is gonna make it harder to pull off. PROFESSOR Hulk looked pretty good so I mean from a technical stand point. So nevermind it could work.
    Professor Hulk looked "pretty good" but he wasn't the main character.(same with Thanos) I don't think I'd want the main character to be presented like that. It still doesn't compare to a real person's face to me.

I guess I'd be more in favor of her changing back and forth more rather than have her as CG all the time. But, as with anything, it will be about the story.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-19-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Professor Hulk looked "pretty good" but he wasn't the main character.(same with Thanos) I don't think I'd want the main character to be presented like that. It still doesn't compare to a real person's face to me.

I guess I'd be more in favor of her changing back and forth more rather than have her as CG all the time. But, as with anything, it will be about the story.
    I assume she'll be able to change back and forth like she can in the comics, and there will be some drama over her constantly preferring to be She-Hulk over her normal self.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Frontier;5151051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    So do I. I'd prefer a She-Hulk more like Slott's.

I loved her in Orphan Black a few years ago. She has great range, to put it mildly. I can only imagine the degree of talent required to play so many vastly different characters all as part of the same production, whew my head spins just thinking about it. I have no doubt she'll make good regarding the duality of Jen and She-Hulk. Tatiana Maslany is da bomb.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is rad. She's a powerhouse of an actress. Her role as Sister Alice on PERRY MASON stole every scene she was in.

Hopefully the production is equally great. Could be real fun.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-20-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg
    I would imagine She will be Jennifer Walters most of the time and She Hulk will be CG.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's my assumption too. Nowadays, the She-Hulk will be CGI. The actress and stuntwomen will undoubtedly do the scenes to provide the CGI team a literal and figurative model to work from but she doesn't need to bulk up any more than Mark Ruffalo did.
    Question is just if they have got the budget for that.

If you look at the other Superhero TV Shows characters require that kind of CGI (like for example Steel in Legends of Tomorrow) rarely transform and if they do it than usually only for a very short time or in or in scenes with dim light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

If you look at the other Superhero TV Shows characters require that kind of CGI (like for example Steel in Legends of Tomorrow) rarely transform and if they do it than usually only for a very short time or in or in scenes with dim light.
    ...yeah I got a sneaking suspicion Disney+ show will have a tad more money than a CW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...yeah I got a sneaking suspicion Disney+ show will have a tad more money than a CW show.
    Yeah, although CGI is really expensive so I'm not expecting it'll be quite at the comic level of She-Hulk exposure.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I'm positive this will be a better production than the CW.