Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Dog View Post
    Question.

Like, at the start of the episode when she was Jenn her suit was too big, i'm guessing this is so when she transforms into She-Hulk her suit then fits her, right?

So how does that work Bra wise? Like, does she wear a bigger cup ready for when she becomes She-Hulk or does she wear her usual size and the it's too tight when she becomes She-Hulk? Because either option would be super uncomfortable.

I know it's a stupid quesion but these are things that boggle my brain. Maybe a sports bra would be idea? bit you still need to get them at a certain size, depending on your measurements. Does this ever get covered in the comics?

Again, I know it's not relevant to plot or anything... i'm just curious.
    Considering what Bruce told her about spandex being her best friend, it's probably that.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Considering what Bruce told her about spandex being her best friend, it's probably that.
    Ah, I totally missed that. Makes sense.

Although still highly uncomfortable i'd imagine. Ergh!
    * YNWA * - * JF97 *

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He means Madisynn.
    Thanks. She literally spelled her name twice in the show. Madisynn ... two n's and one y, but it's not where you think (which would be replacing the i not the o).

I saw folks asking for a short on what she went through and I'd be down for that. Who's the goat? What is it doing with six drops of her blood? Is the demon finally Mephisto in the MCU?

"Donny Blaze?" I remember there were rumors Johnny Blaze would show up, so I guess this where that came from? It's weird how similar the names are even though the characters are so very, very different.

Honestly, I get why he's a fan favorite (Jen even comments on it), but it's getting really hard for me to take Wong's character seriously. I know this show is meant to be a comedy but they've been using Wong for comedy relief since his first appearance, hardly anyone ever listens to him even as Sorcerer Supreme, he's still playing sidekick to a dude who isn't Sorcerer Supreme (yet), and he just never really comes off as all that impressive. I wonder sometimes if this is how they'd write Dr. Strange if he were actually Sorcerer Supreme .

Jens' dad continues to be the best. He's ready to bury some bodies.

Why was Wong not immediately arrested the moment he entered into a courtroom? Did the government give him a pass for freeing Blonsky?

So, hypothetically, what would Wong feel about Zatanna Zatara and her dad? What with them being stage magicians who are also masters of magic and sometimes sprinkle it into shows? I know, I know, different universe, different hierarchy of magic, etc. But I feel like the Zatara's are actually competent and don't abuse their magic, so I would think they'd probably get a pass...

Was Madisynn even sober enough to be on the stand? I think that already discredited her as a witness.

The lawyer being a magician too just killed me.

Nothing harder for someone in their 30's than finding a good date! But at least Jen finally realized that her love life improves the moment she emphasizes She-Hulk more, even if people want to get with She-Hulk, not Jen. I wonder if this is finally transitioning to the point where Jen decides to be She-Hulk full time instead of Jen because she knows that form is more popular/powerful? Especially since it improves her love life. Of course that probably depends on if they have the budget for it.

Ah, I see Jen is finally at the point where she ends up having to play Superhero when she'd rather be getting laid! Although that still happened.

"And he's hot. Not that that matters...except it does." At least Jen admitted it.

I question the ethics of basically forcing your opposition into giving in to your demands, but I guess that's just how She-Hulk rolls.

Titania returns! They even acknowledge her real name! And it looks like Jen is finally going to have to get over her displeasure with the She-Hulk name now that she has to actually fight for it.

Boisterously Confused

The trademark suite is just hilarious! Exactly the kind of stunt a narcissistic "influencer" would do to keep in the camera frame as the put upon victim when somebody that stepped on her moment starts to trend.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    [Madisynn] made a deal with a demon. She's going to become the MCU's Volcana and join up with Titania.
    Oh, and of course she was saved from a LAVA pit by that demon, so...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-10-2022 at 01:36 PM.

I laughed so many times during this episode, it was a lot of fun. Plus I really sympathize with Jen. I like it when heroes have to struggle with their personal lives, and She-Hulk puts a good spin on it.

With magic so widely known and accepted as a real thing, I wonder if there's anything in the Sokovia Accords about it? Or would it be something closer to gun laws since even someone like Ned can use magic.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I hope Juggernaut comes around and dates Jenn.
    If we want to see her with a strong guy, might I suggest Hercules?

She made a deal with a demon. She's going to become the MCU's Volcana and join up with Titania.
    That would be weird for her to get fire powers considering she reminds me so much of Nora Fries from the Harley Quinn cartoon. I love how this show has such memorable characters.

Seems I'm the only one who didn't care for Madisynn, but shocked by the fan following she's getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The lawyer being a magician too just killed me.
    He's also over 100 years old! Though they can't do the math - if he was born in 1919, he'd be 102 or 103, not 104.
    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-episode...est-actor-mcu/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Seems I'm the only one who didn't care for Madisynn, but shocked by the fan following she's getting now.
    I think she's like Morbius - fun for others to make fun of or meme, but not that she's such a great character that we need to see more of. (my impression, anyway) In her defense though, she is well-meaning and unapologetically doing her thing, which I think some people find appealing.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-11-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    If, IRL, I had to share an office with her (or for that matter, a coffee shop on the regular), I'm sure "...but it's not where you thiii-iink..." would have me grinding my molars down to powder. However, she makes a great juxtaposition against Wong, and as this series seems to be taking on the celebrity life-element of the MCU, it makes sense that somebody like Madisynn would inevitably wind up in the main characters' orbit.

So, like her? No. Works in the context? Yeah, I think she does.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think she's like Morbius - fun for others to make fun of or meme, but not that she's such a great character that we need to see more of. (my impression, anyway) In her defense though, she is well-meaning and unapologetically doing her thing, which I think some people find appealing.
    I agree she’s more of a meme than a character right now, but I liked the Thor and Groot shorts. The idea of a Madisynn and the demons short does appeal to me. Nothing more than that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I agree she’s more of a meme than a character right now, but I liked the Thor and Groot shorts. The idea of a Madisynn and the demons short does appeal to me. Nothing more than that.
    You know, most of us are going to lose our minds if we look up in five years to discover that Madisynn, like Lobo, Deadpool, and Harley Quinn, somehow transcended her origins as a joke and is headling titles of her own, crowding out sentimental fan-favs on the solicit schedules.

Sounds like the owners of https://madisynn.com/ are going to get a big Disney payday...

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    If we want to see her with a strong guy, might I suggest Hercules?
    I...don't see that happening
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest