Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So my point about how Hollywood doesn't offer woman who come from a sports/wrestling background the same career path that it offers men was completely lost on you?
    That's not relevant in the context of Rousey and She-Hulk even if it's true. I still think she's a bad choice.

But since you want to talk about that, yes Hollywood is sexist whether you're talking about wrestlers or not.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-24-2020 at 06:04 PM.

I don't really know anything about the She-Hulk, but Tatiana Maslany for awesome in Orphan Black, so this show will be on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That's your opinion. I don't think John Cena is that great of an actor but he was just cast as as Peacemaker. It just proves my point from earlier. We make exceptions for men but won't for women coming from similar backgrounds.

This falls under opinion.

Because no one has ever left WWE disillusioned That's a right of passage. That's not going to hurt her. I don't think Marvel is going to care considering that one of the writers on the show, Dana Schwartz has done nothing but antagonize the audience since the moment she landed on the project. It's not about pinching pennies, it's about saving money in one area so you have more cash to spend in others.
    I think Rousey was given the same chances as Gina Carano. Difference being imo one of them can act and has a personality. If someone like Rousey was as charming as the Rock, it would be undeniable. I think she's just robotic and monotone. Now there is a double standard. But I personally feel like Rousey just wasn't charismatic on screen at all. Iono anything about her but Snoops cousin wrestles and apparently she's in Mandalorian season 2. So we will see how that goes along, but outside of The Rock,Bautista,and Now Cena to a lesser extent. Wrestlers in general are only getting roles in crap. I keep seeing a wrestler from when I was young Edge, pop up in the worst made for DVD **** I've ever seen. That and an episode of The Flash.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People who really want this to be makeup or have a tall/buff actress really are forgetting that these shows have 100+ million budgets. This isn't AoS or the Netflix shows.

BANNED

BREAKING: Tatiana Maslany DENIES Being Cast And Is NOT Disney+'s She-Hulk!

COVID seems to be silly-season for showbiz news sites peddling completely made-up bollocks as news.

Didn't Paul Rudd initially deny being Ant-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Paul Rudd initially deny being Ant-Man?

So...not sure what's happening. Ruffalo thanked her on his twitter, so if its not true even he was fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

So...not sure what's happening. Ruffalo thanked her on his twitter, so if its not true even he was fooled.
    Rudd denies being in everything so he can play Mac and Me clips.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rudd denies being in everything so he can play Mac and Me clips.
    Well it is the greatest movie ever made, so...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Guys, the showrunner retweeted Maslany being cast. It's her.
    https://twitter.com/ChairmanGao/stat...829816832?s=19

It'd be funny if they're going back on this because "Glow" just got their renewal reversed and Allison Brie is available...

She's probaly just not allowed to talk about it. Or something fell apart behind the scenes. But I'd bet this isn't just a rumor that got reported. Shpwrunner and Ruffalo tweeted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She's probaly just not allowed to talk about it. Or something fell apart behind the scenes. But I'd bet this isn't just a rumor that got reported. Shpwrunner and Ruffalo tweeted about it.
    Yeah, it seemed too official an announcement to be wrong.

The showrunner's Tweet is certainly more significant than Ruffalo's. He probably just heard about it on the internet like everyone else. He's been known to not be the brightest when it comes to judicious use of his social media.