Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Did anybody think that Johnathan the puppy was kind of a subtle reference to John Jameson (or at least his alter ego)? J.Jonah Jameson's MCU version is far less likeable than the "Raimiverse" version, even though they're the same actor, so introducing the character with the same last name would have a little extra baggage. I mean kind of wink to the fans, basically.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Did anybody think that Johnathan the puppy was kind of a subtle reference to John Jameson (or at least his alter ego)? J.Jonah Jameson's MCU version is far less likeable than the "Raimiverse" version, even though they're the same actor, so introducing the character with the same last name would have a little extra baggage. I mean kind of wink to the fans, basically.
    I mentioned that myself .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m enjoying this show. I think my only problems with it are the editing and the attempts at long form storytelling - I think it would work a lot better with a simple sitcom set up of each episode being one and done, without many threads carrying over. I think it would give more time for jokes and gags
    The subplots of one and done cases are fantastic, I think. I was laughing throughout the entire Mr. Immortal bit.

I still love Jen as a character, even if it doesn't necessarily feel like it's building towards something. Given the latest string of Disney+ new heroes, I think She-Hulk is probably the one I'd most want to see show up in a movie and interacting with the greater MCU (although I will say Ms. Marvel has the best set-up, and Moon Knight could've tied into Love and Thunder).

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The subplots of one and done cases are fantastic, I think. I was laughing throughout the entire Mr. Immortal bit.

I still love Jen as a character, even if it doesn't necessarily feel like it's building towards something. Given the latest string of Disney+ new heroes, I think She-Hulk is probably the one I'd most want to see show up in a movie and interacting with the greater MCU (although I will say Ms. Marvel has the best set-up, and Moon Knight could've tied into Love and Thunder).
    I wonder if with a movie budget we could have her transformed for an entire movie.

Yeah, this is a funny show. I like it so far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Another meh episode. Josh turning out to be an ******* was predictable.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

While Josh turning out to be a prick was no surprise, I still enjoyed this. Turned out to just be the right amount of silliness combined with character development.

I enjoyed this one. I jokes landed better for me in this one - partly becuase it was more centered on superhuman stuff which is where this show takes off, as opposed to when it tries traditional romcom stuff. Tim Roth's performance definitely helped.

I also liked the character stuff from Jen - it's what I've been wanting. Everything Jen said in group had been laid out in the series leading up to it, but it still felt a bit "tell rather than show" - maybe it's just because Jen wasn't as self-aware of it while it was happening. I get why they had She-Hulk give that speech, but the CG muted Maslanys performance a bit. It was still an effective scene though. I'm curious why Wrecker didn't tell Jen about the person who hired him to steal her blood. There was even a joke about Josh stealing her blood. Seems like a plot contrivance for him to not tell her unless they reveal later that Wrecker hasn't really reformed.

I never thought we'd get a comics-accurate old-school Porcupine, but ... there ya go. Will we be seeing Stiltman in DD's episode? (probably Frog-Man though I'm guessing) I'm not aware of the Vampire guy - where's he from?

Incredible Member

I think this episode makes it crystal clear that more superhumans, heroes and villains, exist in the MCU than what has been revealed in movies and tv shows. I know there was some question about that with the costume designer and who he could be making costumes for. If Porcupine is out there active then anyone could be.

The only problem I have with this episode is if Wrecker is trying to rehabilitate himself then why didn’t he tell Jen who he was working for and why they attacked her. Seems like he should have given her a heads up if he’s really trying to go straight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I think this episode makes it crystal clear that more superhumans, heroes and villains, exist in the MCU than what has been revealed in movies and tv shows. I know there was some question about that with the costume designer and who he could be making costumes for. If Porcupine is out there active then anyone could be.

The only problem I have with this episode is if Wrecker is trying to rehabilitate himself then why didn’t he tell Jen who he was working for and why they attacked her. Seems like he should have given her a heads up if he’s really trying to go straight.
    My only guess is that he may still really be a bad guy working with the Intelligencia.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Overall this was my favorite.episode despite some things being predictable. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Zeb Wells wrote this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Yes - I had raised the question before, and as others have said, this show has definitely been throwing superhumans at us left and right and implying there are a lot more out there now. I can't imagine Luke Jacobson designed Porcupine's outfit ... but maybe El Aguila's...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    My only guess is that he may still really be a bad guy working with the Intelligencia.
    Or they have dirt on him.

Mighty Member

Loving the mystery of the identity of the one whose after Jen's blood.

Are we just assuming the "big needle" person is behind Intelligencia? Just because the website was on the screen doesn't nec mean so. It's possible Needle person just uses the website since it seems there are enough ppl on that site who are constantly keeping track of Jen and posting pics, etc. Also, it seems odd that if Josh got her blood,(which we never saw) there's no payoff for the big needle. Although what else could his emojis have meant?