Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

The show is a 30 minute comedy. You shouldn’t expect too much from it other than to be a funny show and if the humor isn’t working for you then why continue watching? I get the feeling some people are expecting it to turn into something it’s never going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    The show is a 30 minute comedy. You shouldn’t expect too much from it other than to be a funny show and if the humor isn’t working for you then why continue watching? I get the feeling some people are expecting it to turn into something it’s never going to be.
    Well, it's a Superhero comedy show even if they try to find a way to limit She-Hulk as much as they can for budget reasons .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's a Superhero comedy show even if they try to find a way to limit She-Hulk as much as they can for budget reasons .
    Yes and we have seen two superheroes with a third one coming. I’m just saying the show is what it is. If that means you think it’s bad that’s perfectly fine I just don’t think it’s going to be anything more than that.

Yes and we have seen two superheroes with a third one coming. I’m just saying the show is what it is. If that means you think it’s bad that’s perfectly fine I just don’t think it’s going to be anything more than that.
    Oh, speaking of making the show more than it is, El Aguila (like Mr Immortal, previously featured in the show) is canonically a mutant! That's two!

Trying to think now of an actual X-Men-adjacent minor character/villain it could be fun to have show up. The Juggernaut thing is a little obvious, plus he's not actually a mutant. Oh, you could have a version of the Morlock's in a dispute about squatters rights?

Yeah, I don't really think any of that is the plan, but the idea is funny enough to me!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

At the very least I'm expecting the next two episodes will probably up the action portion of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Trying to think now of an actual X-Men-adjacent minor character/villain it could be fun to have show up. The Juggernaut thing is a little obvious, plus he's not actually a mutant. Oh, you could have a version of the Morlock's in a dispute about squatters rights?
    I know the Demon Bear Saga didn't play out this way in that movie, but in the comics a nurse and cop become transformed into Native Americans. I imagine that comes with a slew of legal repercussions. They have to verify their new identies to prove they are who they are - then also, do they now qualify for certain legal allowances granted to Native Americans, etc.? I know they're not mutants, but for whatever reason, that's the first thing that came to mind when thinking of peripheral X-characters who might need a lawyer.

Jen is not a superhero…

…yet?

Not all people with superpowers are superheroes. Jen explicitly stated she didn’t want to be a superhero. That’s likely to change by the end of the series/season though.

As such, I’m liking the show so far. Much more than I expected (never really been a fan of the character).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Jen is not a superhero…

…yet?

Not all people with superpowers are superheroes. Jen explicitly stated she didn’t want to be a superhero. That’s likely to change by the end of the series/season though.

As such, I’m liking the show so far. Much more than I expected (never really been a fan of the character).
    She fought demons with Wong. She is a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know the Demon Bear Saga didn't play out this way in that movie, but in the comics a nurse and cop become transformed into Native Americans. I imagine that comes with a slew of legal repercussions. They have to verify their new identies to prove they are who they are - then also, do they now qualify for certain legal allowances granted to Native Americans, etc.? I know they're not mutants, but for whatever reason, that's the first thing that came to mind when thinking of peripheral X-characters who might need a lawyer.
    Yeah, I remember them, Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander ... that would actually be really cool, because those guys weren't just in the Demon Bear thing, but after stuck around as New Mutants supporting characters for most of the run. Lol you could maybe have them show up, and take just a quick 4th-wall breaking moment to wink and affirm their appearance means the crappy movie is not going to be canon at all!
    Last edited by Adam Allen; 10-01-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She fought demons with Wong. She is a superhero.
    She's also going to wear the Superhero suit for her team-up with Daredevil. Not that it's that amazing looking a suit.

The Avengers have been mentioned on this show as though they're still active... but are they? It'll be interesting if we get confirmation by the time this series ends. Maybe someone will reach out to her after she embraces he role as hero - but who? Maybe the new Cap is rebuilding...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Avengers have been mentioned on this show as though they're still active... but are they? It'll be interesting if we get confirmation by the time this series ends. Maybe someone will reach out to her after she embraces he role as hero - but who? Maybe the new Cap is rebuilding...
    Maybe it’s like a band that hasn’t put out an album in forever. Some members died, some went off to do solo projects but as long as some members are still around there is always a chance they could get back together for a new album or reunion tour. The group might not be currently active but that could always change as long as there is no official breakup announcement and even if there were that could change too.

Incredible Member

Sometimes people post YouTube videos talking about these MCU shows and a lot of them are negative and from the usual suspects. Well I came across an actual “gasp” positive She Hulk video and I agree with many of the points made so I thought I would share. Disclaimer, I have only watched his She Hulk video so if this YouTuber is a terrible person who kicks puppies or something I didn’t know.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYw64IFpIQ

Sometimes people post YouTube videos talking about these MCU shows and a lot of them are negative and from the usual suspects. Well I came across an actual “gasp” positive She Hulk video and I agree with many of the points made so I thought I would share. Disclaimer, I have only watched his She Hulk video so if this YouTuber is a terrible person who kicks puppies or something I didn’t know.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYw64IFpIQ
    I don't watch his videos regularly, but from what I've seen, Nando v Movies isn't one of those typical incel haters.

For me the show is very enjoyable, but I'm a fan of She-Hulk and it reminds me of the comics.