Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1324
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Daredevil's introduction into the MCU was perfect.

But they butchered Leap Frog/Frog-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

It's in keeping with the show. They played Porcupine and Man Bull for laughs as well. And the Wrecking Crew wasn't exactly a group that could take on Thor.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm confused, Frog Man always been an absolute joke of a character so they got that dead on, probably one of the most comics accurate adaptions of all time.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's in keeping with the show. They played Porcupine and Man Bull for laughs as well. And the Wrecking Crew wasn't exactly a group that could take on Thor.
    And Wrecker just shows up at the support group and pals around with the woman he attacked and tried to steal blood from like it's the most natural thing in the world.

And this is frikkin' Wrecker .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm confused, Frog Man always been an absolute joke of a character so they got that dead on, probably one of the most comics accurate adaptions of all time.
    Comics Eugene is the son of a blue collar former D list supervillain. Eugene takes his suit in a sincere effort to be a hero. And comics Eugene has moments of actual competence while fighting.

MCU Eugene is the failson of rich parents who committed more crimes than he stopped.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Nope, no real action to speak of. You get like a page of a silly fight in space against Modok in the first issue and the rest is jokes about her sex life and being thrown out of the Avengers before almost fighting the Blizard but instead having drinks with him.

In the second...Danger Man, her client almost fights her...but they end up friends.

In the third there is no fight but she does punch a wind turbine and arrest a ghost.

In the fourth she punches Scorpion once after he takes offense to her defending Spider-Man. But's over in a page and a half.

There's a prison break out in the fifth and minaturized villains escape onto her skin but she doesn't fight any.

In six she easily slaps down the still pint sized villains and traps them in a fish bowl.

She becomes a Judge for the Magistrate in seven and fights no one.

Eight has the most action with Jenn deciding the Magistrate's case via a box match, jokes abound.

In nine she literally one punches Titania out of NYC in a single panel, no other fights.

In ten we get get Titania's back story and as few brief flash backs of her rivalry with she hulk...no real fights though.

In eleven we get a rematch with Titania, though most is devoted to a date with Doc Sampson.

and in the conclusion pretty much all the heroes of NYC stop Titania while She Hulk makes jokes.

And that's the whole first volume and it doesn't get more than that in the second, but I can break out my issues to give you the run down of that one too. The majority of the book is spent on Jenn's personal life and joke filled cases surrounding d-list villains and heroes with a few A-list cameos like Spider-Man or Doc Strange every once in a while. But over all it's a humor and satire book...which is exactly what the show gave us, and promised to give us right from the trailer.
    QFT

10 characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Regarding Frog Man (or Leap Frog, I can't remember the correct name or if it's the same character), wasn't there some super dark story where he was an abusive dad and his own son electrocuted him while he was fighting Daredevil?

It was during the Bendis' Daredevil run.

The character recently appeared in Iron Man but I honestly don't know which version of the character that is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Regarding Frog Man (or Leap Frog, I can't remember the correct name or if it's the same character), wasn't there some super dark story where he was an abusive dad and his own son electrocuted him while he was fighting Daredevil?

It was during the Bendis' Daredevil run.

The character recently appeared in Iron Man but I honestly don't know which version of the character that is.
    Eugene Patillo (Frogman) showed up in Iron Man as one of the minor heroes Tony recruits on short notice.

The character from the Bendis Daredevil story is the second Leapfrog, unconnected to Eugene or his father. The armor/tech villains get replaced anytime one of them retires or dies. It's been a plot point since the 80s.

Incredible Member

Does anyone seriously care about Leap Frog?

So basically this Leapfrog was Eugene in-name-only.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Everyone has a favorite character or someone they've followed through various comic appearances.

Extraordinary Member

I've wondered this, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

He could be the MCU's Kite-Man... Maybe now that his legs have been broken,(and burned) he'll have new ones with powerful vibranium springs to be more comics accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Everyone has a favorite character or someone they've followed through various comic appearances.
    I’ll take that as a “no”.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He could be the MCU's Kite-Man... Maybe now that his legs have been broken,(and burned) he'll have new ones with powerful vibranium springs to be more comics accurate.
    He might be more effective if he fought someone above his weight class but he could barely fight real criminals.

DD probably would have whooped him. And he's not anywhere near Spider-Man level and Spidey is like a high bar as far as street-level Supervillains go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’ll take that as a “no”.
    I think it's fairer to say it's more likely than you expected.

Even the most obscure or minor characters have fans.

I just hate that line of thinking that's just because a character's lesser known that means it's fine to do whatever with them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Okay, but even if it’s your personal favorite you have to know they are D-list at best and should probably be happy that anyone remembered them at all much less actually used the character in something.