Default Frankenstein returns to the Hellboy world in "Frankenstein: New World".

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/17/fr...world-mignola/

It's set post the fall of Earth aka Ragna Rok.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/17/fr...world-mignola/

It's set post the fall of Earth aka Ragna Rok.
    Is this the first story that is post Ragna rok? Count me in!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Art by Berting? Yes please!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Is this the first story that is post Ragna rok? Count me in!
    No, it's not. The

spoilers:
    Acheron one-shot
    end of spoilers

and also

spoilers:
    the ending of Sword of Hyperborea
    end of spoilers

as well as the already announced but not yet released

spoilers:
    Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    end of spoilers

are all post-Ragna.

I for one am absolutely delighted that the story is continuing. Even if these stories all turn out to be, with the benefit of hindsight, minor epilogues to the saga rather than the beginning of a new "phase" of the larger story, nonetheless for now at least they have rekindled my excitement about the Hellboy Universe.
    Last edited by jeremypowell; 05-20-2022 at 05:19 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeremypowell View Post
    No, it's not. The

spoilers:
    Acheron one-shot
    end of spoilers

and also

spoilers:
    the ending of Sword of Hyperborea
    end of spoilers

as well as the already announced but not yet released

spoilers:
    Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    end of spoilers

are all post-Ragna.

I for one am absolutely delighted that the story is continuing. Even if these stories all turn out to be, with the benefit of hindsight, minor epilogues to the sage rather than the beginning of a new "phase" of the larger story, nonetheless for now at least they have rekindled my excitement about the Hellboy Universe.
    ohhh, I gotta check those out!

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to this post Ragna world

I wonder if they will they give us a sum up of Frankenstein Underground in this?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think I'm going to need more time to develop a feeling for this. I really loved where the Frankenstein Undone was going, I loved that it felt like a sequel to the original novel and while I understand needing to shelve that story to choke Allie off from pay not getting that story made this story feel a little less in my eyes.

As an aside, I had originally forgotten what the previous Frankenstein title was called and when I went to look for it I came across the Scott Allie page on the Hellboy wiki and it starts with, "Scott Allie is a sexual predator." and I have to say that I love that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

A good start. We get a good taste of post ragnarok world and what it's like for the remains of humanity. I preferred the pages above ground await to see where this is going. And spoilers:
    the fate of poor Howards and the return of the Sword
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A good start. We get a good taste of post ragnarok world and what it's like for the remains of humanity. I preferred the pages above ground await to see where this is going. And spoilers:
    the fate of poor Howards and the return of the Sword
    end of spoilers
    That spoiler tagged scene was fantastic, and truly a great tribute to him.

Here are the current release dates for issues #2-4 as per the darkhorse.com website:
    * FRANKENSTEIN: NEW WORLD #2 is listed for "September 21, 2022".
    (had been September 07th)

* FRANKENSTEIN: NEW WORLD #3 is listed as "Publication Date: November 02, 2022".
    (Had been October 05, 2022)

* FRANKENSTEIN: NEW WORLD #4 is currently listed for "Publication Date: December 14, 2022".
    (originally November 2, 2022).

Issue #2 was more interesting. Seeing who I assume are the spawn of Abe and the threat they will face from Murk. The New World has a nice Guy Davis vibe.

Issue #2 was more interesting. Seeing who I assume are the spawn of Abe and the threat they will face from Murk. The New World has a nice Guy Davis vibe.
    The art is definitely beautiful, and I love the casual exploration of the new world. I think my favorite elements were the carnivorous plant creatures that reminded me of the Plant Men from John Carter.

Different tribes of Frogmen is a great idea, and they would worship different Ogdru Hem/Ogdru Jahad is pretty neat.

Well, that was not the end. It's a good series with art half way between Mignola and Davis. I hope we don't have to wait too long for the continuation of this.

Well, that was not the end. It's a good series with art half way between Mignola and Davis. I hope we don't have to wait too long for the continuation of this.
    Yeah, it definitely felt like more of a mid point than an end.