Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Wasn't the whole Monet and Sabertooth pairing kind of disgraceful?

It never made any sense why someone as conceited, spoiled, and self righteous as Monet would ever entertain a Sabretooth. Very odd.

It's 2022, Bunn's gone, Pak's gone, their versions of Sabretooths too

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

He was a different guy. Inverted Sabertooth was a total Dad. Very easy to see the appeal, especially for a wild princess type like Monet.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    He was a different guy. Inverted Sabertooth was a total Dad. Very easy to see the appeal, especially for a wild princess type like Monet.
    Monet drawn to a father type? Don't sound right. More likely to go lesbian than that approach.

Yeah, she should get down with someone who's a handsome, skilled badboy with a heart of gold and proven leadership skills. You know, like Hellion. They would be the most insufferable couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Nope i enjoyed it. they had a lot of chemistry.

And it made perfect sense why Monet given your description would fall for someone Cunning, Strong, And with an edge. Inverted Sabretooth was the one good thing that came out of that horrid spell. I was sad to see it reversed to be honest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah, she should get down with someone who's a handsome, skilled badboy with a heart of gold and proven leadership skills. You know, like Hellion. They would be the most insufferable couple.
    I like Julian, but Monet is way out of his league. lol

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    It's 2022, Bunn's gone, Pak's gone, their versions of Sabretooths too
    This. Kind of moot now.

But for sake of discussion.

Under Bunn, I found nothing disgraceful about it.

Monet has always had an edge to her & Invert Creed made sense. The only issues is that he needed to be drawn better instead of hideous. Because honestly, I am tired of beauty & the beast pairings -especially when it's always the guy having to be a beast & women learning to love them regardless but never the reverse.

Thankfully I got a Cronet Commission for Jeanty some years back with sexier Creed.
    (Jeanty).jpg

Monet is the type who needs someone with that darker edge to keep her interested. Synch was her first love, and the best guy she was with. But I didn't see that lasting forever.

I think all the X-Factor pairings were more disgraceful since it was based on losers lusting for her, and her boss pumping & dumping her.

Creed was the next best guy she had after Synch. He was a good guy trying to do better at the time, he clearly cared about Monet rather than just being thirsty for her like Darwin & Strong Guy. But sadly the ship got short changed due to editorial interference and cancelation.

These 2 were my Marvel version of Buffy and Angel. The latter Invert Creed was modelled after.

Under Pak, it was disgraceful because Creed was back to being a doofus and the relationship didn't have the nuance Bunn seemed to be going for. But nothing in his series had any nuance. I theorize that book was just to launch his Hulk book, but then he was stuck with the characters afterwards and just wrote whatever until he didn't have to anymore.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Kind of moot now.

But for sake of discussion.

Under Bunn, I found nothing disgraceful about it.

Monet has always had an edge to her & Invert Creed made sense. The only issues is that he needed to be drawn better instead of hideous. Because honestly, I am tired of beauty & the beast pairings -especially when it's always the guy having to be a beast & women learning to love them regardless but never the reverse.

Thankfully I got a Cronet Commission for Jeanty some years back with sexier Creed.
    (Jeanty).jpg

Monet is the type who needs someone with that darker edge to keep her interested. Synch was her first love, and the best guy she was with. But I didn't see that lasting forever.

I think all the X-Factor pairings were more disgraceful since it was based on losers lusting for her, and her boss pumping & dumping her.

Creed was the next best guy she had after Synch. He was a good guy trying to do better at the time, he clearly cared about Monet rather than just being thirsty for her like Darwin & Strong Guy. But sadly the ship got short changed due to editorial interference and cancelation.

These 2 were my Marvel version of Buffy and Angel. The latter Invert Creed was modelled after.

Under Pak, it was disgraceful because Creed was back to being a doofus and the relationship didn't have the nuance Bunn seemed to be going for. But nothing in his series had any nuance. I theorize that book was just to launch his Hulk book, but then he was stuck with the characters afterwards and just wrote whatever until he didn't have to anymore.
    Monet being attracted to a 140 yr old rapist/serial killer is about as disgraceful as it gets. What's next? She finds Miss Sinister attractive for her quips and style? Lol.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    Monet being attracted to a 140 yr old rapist/serial killer is about as disgraceful as it gets. What's next? She finds Miss Sinister attractive for her quips and style? Lol.
    No different than any pairing with Wolverine. Angel, Mystique, or Magneto.

So still not seeing the issue.

Other than folks who don't like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesn't mean it's disgraceful.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Other than foljs who dont like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesnt mean it's disgraceful.
    I wonder when Creed was being sentenced to the pit at the beginning of Hickman’s run, he was so angry because he wouldn’t be able to stay on Krakoa and hook up with Monet some more.

Amazing Member

Other than foljs who dont like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesnt mean it's disgraceful.
    Magneto? He has substance, honor, merit, and credibility. He basically is responsible for molding the New Mutabts generation...went out of his way for Kitty Pryde and especially Rogue. Sabretooth is a psychotic maniac who has a Wolverine look except he's taller and more bloodlusted. Why on earth would someone with bratty standards and conceited ways like Monet find that attractive magically after years of being different? I mean you got a better chance of selling Domino being drawn to him than Monet..is she even 20 yes old yet ? Lol. This is wild.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It never made any sense why someone as conceited, spoiled, and self righteous as Monet would ever entertain a Sabretooth. Very odd.
    Under Pak it was awful, but I kinda liked the overall direction Bunn was taking Sabertooth and Monet!

Also didn't she date Madrox and Strong Guy...the girl hasn't always had the best taste, Everett being the exception!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Under Pak it was awful, but I kinda liked the overall direction Bunn was taking Sabertooth and Monet!

Also didn't she date Madrox and Strong Guy...the girl hasn't always had the best taste, Everett being the exception!
    Jamie having an unwitting threesome with her and Siren while watching television in his basement remains the funniest thing Peter David ever wrote.

Extraordinary Member

I’ve known hot girls with her age and rich background, who go for skeevy guys, old enough to be their granddaddy’s like that for a while. Obviously not rapist, and Axis inverted supervillains like Creed. But you get the idea.