Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMao i almost forgot that story. Now that was some retcon. lol
    Not only that they had perhaps the MOST unwanted child of all time ditto with Raven's other misbegotten crotch spawn with Wolverine Raze! Good thing the Resurrection Protocols don't cover Alternate realities/futures

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    It never made any sense why someone as conceited, spoiled, and self righteous as Monet would ever entertain a Sabretooth. Very odd.
    Under Pak it was awful, but I kinda liked the overall direction Bunn was taking Sabertooth and Monet!

Also didn't she date Madrox and Strong Guy...the girl hasn't always had the best taste, Everett being the exception!

Extraordinary Member

It never made any sense why someone as conceited, spoiled, and self righteous as Monet would ever entertain a Sabretooth. Very odd.
    I’ve known hot girls with her age and rich background, who go for skeevy guys, old enough to be their granddaddy’s like that for a while. Obviously not rapist, and Axis inverted supervillains like Creed. But you get the idea.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Under Pak it was awful, but I kinda liked the overall direction Bunn was taking Sabertooth and Monet!

Also didn't she date Madrox and Strong Guy...the girl hasn't always had the best taste, Everett being the exception!
    Jamie having an unwitting threesome with her and Siren while watching television in his basement remains the funniest thing Peter David ever wrote.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    It's 2022, Bunn's gone, Pak's gone, their versions of Sabretooths too
    This. Kind of moot now.

But for sake of discussion.

Under Bunn, I found nothing disgraceful about it.

Monet has always had an edge to her & Invert Creed made sense. The only issues is that he needed to be drawn better instead of hideous. Because honestly, I am tired of beauty & the beast pairings -especially when it's always the guy having to be a beast & women learning to love them regardless but never the reverse.

Thankfully I got a Cronet Commission for Jeanty some years back with sexier Creed.
    (Jeanty).jpg

Monet is the type who needs someone with that darker edge to keep her interested. Synch was her first love, and the best guy she was with. But I didn't see that lasting forever.

I think all the X-Factor pairings were more disgraceful since it was based on losers lusting for her, and her boss pumping & dumping her.

Creed was the next best guy she had after Synch. He was a good guy trying to do better at the time, he clearly cared about Monet rather than just being thirsty for her like Darwin & Strong Guy. But sadly the ship got short changed due to editorial interference and cancelation.

These 2 were my Marvel version of Buffy and Angel. The latter Invert Creed was modelled after.

Under Pak, it was disgraceful because Creed was back to being a doofus and the relationship didn't have the nuance Bunn seemed to be going for. But nothing in his series had any nuance. I theorize that book was just to launch his Hulk book, but then he was stuck with the characters afterwards and just wrote whatever until he didn't have to anymore.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Kind of moot now.

But for sake of discussion.

Under Bunn, I found nothing disgraceful about it.

Monet has always had an edge to her & Invert Creed made sense. The only issues is that he needed to be drawn better instead of hideous. Because honestly, I am tired of beauty & the beast pairings -especially when it's always the guy having to be a beast & women learning to love them regardless but never the reverse.

Thankfully I got a Cronet Commission for Jeanty some years back with sexier Creed.
    (Jeanty).jpg

Monet is the type who needs someone with that darker edge to keep her interested. Synch was her first love, and the best guy she was with. But I didn't see that lasting forever.

I think all the X-Factor pairings were more disgraceful since it was based on losers lusting for her, and her boss pumping & dumping her.

Creed was the next best guy she had after Synch. He was a good guy trying to do better at the time, he clearly cared about Monet rather than just being thirsty for her like Darwin & Strong Guy. But sadly the ship got short changed due to editorial interference and cancelation.

These 2 were my Marvel version of Buffy and Angel. The latter Invert Creed was modelled after.

Under Pak, it was disgraceful because Creed was back to being a doofus and the relationship didn't have the nuance Bunn seemed to be going for. But nothing in his series had any nuance. I theorize that book was just to launch his Hulk book, but then he was stuck with the characters afterwards and just wrote whatever until he didn't have to anymore.
    Monet being attracted to a 140 yr old rapist/serial killer is about as disgraceful as it gets. What's next? She finds Miss Sinister attractive for her quips and style? Lol.

Monet being attracted to a 140 yr old rapist/serial killer is about as disgraceful as it gets. What's next? She finds Miss Sinister attractive for her quips and style? Lol.
    No different than any pairing with Wolverine. Angel, Mystique, or Magneto.

So still not seeing the issue.

Other than folks who don't like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesn't mean it's disgraceful.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Other than foljs who dont like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesnt mean it's disgraceful.
    I wonder when Creed was being sentenced to the pit at the beginning of Hickman’s run, he was so angry because he wouldn’t be able to stay on Krakoa and hook up with Monet some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder when Creed was being sentenced to the pit at the beginning of Hickman’s run, he was so angry because he wouldn’t be able to stay on Krakoa and hook up with Monet some more.
    I doubt it. The relationship seems filler at this point. So I doubt Monet & Creed even know of each other in this canon. Plus I don't think she'd hook up with evil Creed. Now an edgy Creed who tries to stay on a straight & narrow, possibly.

I wouldn't even be opposed to Creed sating the same villain he always was, but appearing now & again to help out Monet.

Anything that keeps him from being a totally bland character like he currently is. Many villains are as disgusting as they come, but still have 1 person or thing they care about. Makes them no less villainous, but at least gives them some additional as characters.

Amazing Member

Other than foljs who dont like Creed. Which is fine, but still doesnt mean it's disgraceful.
    Magneto? He has substance, honor, merit, and credibility. He basically is responsible for molding the New Mutabts generation...went out of his way for Kitty Pryde and especially Rogue. Sabretooth is a psychotic maniac who has a Wolverine look except he's taller and more bloodlusted. Why on earth would someone with bratty standards and conceited ways like Monet find that attractive magically after years of being different? I mean you got a better chance of selling Domino being drawn to him than Monet..is she even 20 yes old yet ? Lol. This is wild.

Magneto? He has substance, honor, merit, and credibility. He basically is responsible for molding the New Mutabts generation...went out of his way for Kitty Pryde and especially Rogue. Sabretooth is a psychotic maniac who has a Wolverine look except he's taller and more bloodlusted. Why on earth would someone with bratty standards and conceited ways like Monet find that attractive magically after years of being different? I mean you got a better chance of selling Domino being drawn to him than Monet..is she even 20 yes old yet ? Lol. This is wild.
    Monet is an adult. She had relationships with Madrox & Strong Guy, both of whom are adults, and one of whom slept with Syrin who also slept with Deadpool. She's old enough to drink & pose nude to Vanity Fair.

Magneto has committed genocide, and is also a mutant supremacist. As well as being old enough to be Rogue's grandfather when they were together. Having done some good things doesn't make him less of a prejudice villain. lol

Sabretooth has done some good things. He saved the GenX kids from Phalanx, one of whom went on to be Monet's first love. He saved a school bus full of kids from mutants. He felt guilty for helping Deadpool kill his parents before he was inverted. After being inverted, he tried to spare him remembering the truth by saying that he did it. He cared about his son, Graydon in his own way, which even Mystique didn't because he wasn't a mutant she could use. He fell in love with a woman named Bonnie, whom he tried his hardest to save. He was also shown to have numerous lovers he's on good terms with & who are excited to see him when he shows up. And one lady in Japan who's been hooking up with him for years, and still hooks up with even though she's 80 now. lol And she seems genuinely fond him him.

Sadly writers stopped giving him that nuance long ago. But all of that (except the invert example) doesn't mean he's not still a villain. Same as Magneto, Mystique, and Apocalypse. All villains who have occasionally done some decent things. But villains at the end of the day.

And again, as stated snobby girls liking bad boys is not new. It's a trope as old as time. Monet can easily like a Creed who was a good guy at the time, trying to do better & atone for his past. As well as being able to banter with her, plus having an edge similar to her own, as well as the fact she was clearly attracted to him physical strength as well. lol
    Flirty.jpg

So again, I see nothing more unusual about that than most of the other pairings writers have pulled out of their ass. Sabretooth & Mystique is more degrading. For both characters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 01:14 PM.

It doesnt sound or look good on paper but Bunn made it work

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt sound or look good on paper but Bunn made it work
    Agreed.

Not a pairing I thought of, or would ever think of. Bunn made me love it. If he could get the characters back, I'd love to see more.

But as we saw with Pak, it doesn't work under just any writer. Especially if the writer doesn't care about either of the characters, with happens often with Creed.

Amazing Member

Monet is an adult. She had relationships with Madrox & Strong Guy, both of whom are adults, and one of whom slept with Syrin who also slept with Deadpool. She's old enough to drink & pose nude to Vanity Fair.

Magneto has committed genocide, and is also a mutant supremacist. As well as being old enough to be Rogue's grandfather when they were together. Having done some good things doesn't make him less of a prejudice villain. lol

Sabretooth has done some good things. He saved the GenX kids from Phalanx, one of whom went on to be Monet's first love. He saved a school bus full of kids from mutants. He felt guilty for helping Deadpool kill his parents before he was inverted. After being inverted, he tried to spare him remembering the truth by saying that he did it. He cared about his son, Graydon in his own way, which even Mystique didn't because he wasn't a mutant she could use. He fell in love with a woman named Bonnie, whom he tried his hardest to save. He was also shown to have numerous lovers he's on good terms with & who are excited to see him when he shows up. And one lady in Japan who's been hooking up with him for years, and still hooks up with even though she's 80 now. lol And she seems genuinely fond him him.

Sadly writers stopped giving him that nuance long ago. But all of that (except the invert example) doesn't mean he's not still a villain. Same as Magneto, Mystique, and Apocalypse. All villains who have occasionally done some decent things. But villains at the end of the day.

And again, as stated snobby girls liking bad boys is not new. It's a trope as old as time. Monet can easily like a Creed who was a good guy at the time, trying to do better & atone for his past. As well as being able to banter with her, plus having an edge similar to her own, as well as the fact she was clearly attracted to him physical strength as well. lol
    Flirty.jpg

So again, I see nothing more unusual about that than most of the other pairings writers have pulled out of their ass. Sabretooth & Mystique is more degrading. For both characters.
    Age stuff don't work with Magneto relationships..Rogue was ready to have sex with him right then and there in the Savage Land...Magneto has like a 8 pack and looked like he was 30-33 at best. Rogue pushed for alot of that for a long time.

Monet being drawn to Sabretooth because he's inverted and not himself? Come on...that's absolutely absurd...lol. This guy tried to rip Psylocke's guts out in uncanny #328 but Monet is flirty with him? The most conceited member of any of the teams? Mystique? Sure....maybe Lady Mastermind but Monet?

Age stuff don't work with Magneto relationships..Rogue was ready to have sex with him right then and there in the Savage Land...Magneto has like a 8 pack and looked like he was 30-33 at best. Rogue pushed for alot of that for a long time.
    Still a 90-year-old-man, old enough to be her great grandfather. Creed doesn't look his real age either.

So if you got no issue there, then age clearly doesn't bother you. You just hate Sabretooth. Lol

Monet being drawn to Sabretooth because he's inverted and not himself? Come on...that's absolutely absurd...lol.
    No more absurd than Buffy loving Angel, who killed people, raped people, attacked her family and friends, and tormented her without a soul.

Speaking of Psylock, she had a relationship with AOA Sabretooth, who looks, talks, and smells like the man who once gutted her. Why? Because he was a good guy. Lol Again, that's more controversial than Monet falling for him when he's saved her sisters, first love, never harmed her, abd was also good when she first met him. Like Buffy, she may know if his villainous reputation, but he wasnt villainous at the time, nor the version she fell for.

But nothing about the pairing makes it the most unbelievable or degrading in history. You just don't like Sabretooth.

Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2022 at 11:28 PM.