Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Reboot

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Movie Reboot In Development I actually really liked the original movie (one of the few) so I look forward to this and hope it's more true to the comics.

https://screenrant.com/league-extrao...etails-writer/

I feel a series would be more appropriate considering the source material, but ... okay. I look forward to seeing this new iteration.

Astonishing Member

Somewhere Alan Moore is probably rolling his eyes as he downs a pint in the snug of some pub over the news of this and I find it amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Movie Reboot In Development I actually really liked the original movie (one of the few) so I look forward to this and hope it's more true to the comics.

I love how they say the movie was so bad it convinced Sean Connery to retire, when he had said, going in, that it would be his last movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I love how they say the movie was so bad it convinced Sean Connery to retire, when he had said, going in, that it would be his last movie.
    He was also a miserable SOB to the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Somewhere Alan Moore is probably rolling his eyes as he downs a pint in the snug of some pub over the news of this and I find it amusing.
    My immediate reaction .

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

I really enjoyed the movie myself. Would love to see another one.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

League is one of those rare movies where I don't mind the original one really, but I also wouldn't mind a reboot either. In other words, I can see room for improvement. (though I don't expect this reboot will improve on anything sadly)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am looking forward for this. I had a really good time with the first one. A shame the sequel they were setting up never happened. I really want the Jekyll and Hyde to be as good. I loved them the most.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

yeah I'm into the original as well, never got the bad wrap it got. hope this'll revive the property

I remember thinking that Hyde was one of the best practical effects of the decade back when the original first aired, really first class effects. I imagine he'll be done completely with CGI this go around.

It will suffer from the exact same problem as the first. Hideously massive licensing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    It will suffer from the exact same problem as the first. Hideously massive licensing issues.
    Curious about that. If the characters the book used were public domain, are there different rights problems for movie adaptations? Sure I read something once about how it's not cut-and-dried that Universal held film rights to Dracula, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Curious about that. If the characters the book used were public domain, are there different rights problems for movie adaptations? Sure I read something once about how it's not cut-and-dried that Universal held film rights to Dracula, for instance.
    Book and movie domains are very different for one. Look at the mess that is King Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Besides the The Invisible Man they didn't have any problems.