Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Captain Carter tv Show

MCU Captain Carter Live-Action Show Rumored to be happening I want this to happen I loved her in what if and she was great in Dr strange but how can this be in the MCU I wonder? The MCU version is dead...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ion-rumor/amp/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    MCU Captain Carter Live-Action Show Rumored to be happening I want this to happen I loved her in what if and she was great in Dr strange but how can this be in the MCU I wonder? The MCU version is dead...

A variant is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

It'll probably be about a Variant in an alternate universe.

I like Hayley Atwell as much as the next guy, but do we really need a Captain Carter show?

Even in What If her basic gimmick was basically doing Steve's greatest hits but with a stiff upper lip.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Hayley Atwell as much as the next guy, but do we really need a Captain Carter show?
    I enjoyed all of the character's appearances so far, so yes. Also, the same could be said about the Guardians movie before it was released.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ill give it a shot. I dont know what they could really do different then a Captain America movie or show. But I am a sucker for Multiverse shows.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I enjoyed all of the character's appearances so far, so yes. Also, the same could be said about the Guardians movie before it was released.
    I enjoyed it too, but she just felt too derivative of Steve. But Hayley Atwell has amazing charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ill give it a shot. I dont know what they could really do different then a Captain America movie or show. But I am a sucker for Multiverse shows.
    Captain America...but she's British!

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed it too, but she just felt too derivative of Steve. But Hayley Atwell has amazing charisma.

Captain America...but she's British!
    I mean, if they could have both Rhoadie and Tony...
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, if they could have both Rhoadie and Tony...
    Rhodey was basically Tony's sidekick and was more militarized than Tony was.

I'm just going off of What If where they seemed to basically make her into a functional stand-in for Steve, more or less.

Yes, nothing against those that want this, but this does seem to me a decision made because of the popularity of Haley Atwell rather than the character having anything much of her own to bring to the table. Does she have her own foes, or will she be taking Steve's or someone else's? The MCU doesn't tend to make new villains, so will they break their trend and make new bad-guys, or will they be taking from someone else?

Again, not against the show, and I love Haley Atwell, but I don't know where they're going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, nothing against those that want this, but this does seem to me a decision made because of the popularity of Haley Atwell rather than the character having anything much of her own to bring to the table. Does she have her own foes, or will she be taking Steve's or someone else's? The MCU doesn't tend to make new villains, so will they break their trend and make new bad-guys, or will they be taking from someone else?

Again, not against the show, and I love Haley Atwell, but I don't know where they're going with this.
    That's pretty much a given in my opinion.

Who will even be the villain?

Astonishing Member

Rhodey was basically Tony's sidekick and was more militarized than Tony was.

I'm just going off of What If where they seemed to basically make her into a functional stand-in for Steve, more or less.
    I mean, Rhodey will probably end up taking center stage in Armor Wars I would imagine more or less standing in for Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I mean, the same can be said for Sam.

I think one people have to realize is that just because of the nature of the mediums, things are going to hit differently with the general audience than comic book readers. I mean, Agatha Harkness is getting her own series! Agatha Harkness! And I understand that Peggy in the comics did not have anywhere near the impact as Sharon did, but general audiences latched onto MCU Peggy in a way that they simply didn't with Sharon (and I like Sharon).

Another thing I think people have to realize is that while the MCU draws inspiration from the comics, not once were they ever really beholden to them. One just has to compare the Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics prior to the film to how they were portrayed in said film.

Oh we certainly need this.

Sure, her What If episode was just repeating Steve's stuff. But nothing says that's *all* the show would be, and it seems rather obvious than a fully dedicated show would go its own way.

The current Captain Carter comic isn't just repeating Steve's narrative so I see no reason why a show would be any different.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh we certainly need this.

Sure, her What If episode was just repeating Steve's stuff. But nothing says that's *all* the show would be, and it seems rather obvious than a fully dedicated show would go its own way.

The current Captain Carter comic isn't just repeating Steve's narrative so I see no reason why a show would be any different.
    Exactly. But while I'm very much enjoying her series, it seems as if some are upset that she's appearing in any comics at all.