Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more that we didn't get to see enough to really see much of anything, at least comparative to the vast difference in screentime and role between the two Carters.
    Like I said, I don't think we really needed to see more. I think we saw what we needed to see and it just didn't compare.

I feel like it defeats the point of Steve learning to live in the present and make a life there that he wouldn't need to go back to the past, although I guess it was different for MCU Steve.
    Exactly. It's not going to be exactly like the comics. Evans had no interest in renewing his contract. It was either going back in time to reunite with Peggy or death. If they just would've had him retire and be with Sharon, there'd be no excuse for him not to be a part of future world shattering events.

Or a character that is used well in one medium isn't necesarilly used or depicted well in another.
    Differently worded, but yes, this was more or less my point.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Like I said, I don't think we really needed to see more. I think we saw what we needed to see and it just didn't compare.
    If what we saw lead to a lacking treatment for Sharon then I don't think it was a fair comparison, and I definitely don't think we saw near enough with her that we got with Peggy. Peggy was definitively the female 1st lead of First Avenger and got plenty of screentime in the movie and focus on her relationship with Steve while Sharon was like the 6th most relevant character in Winter Soldier (and probably even further back for Civil War).

I don't think the Russo's were conscious of her character not being able to work otherwise I don't see why they would have even bothered outside of Sharon's actual significance to the franchise that they weren't able to do justice. But if you went into a movie not expecting much Sharon Carter, then I guess you would get what you expected.
    Exactly. It's not going to be exactly like the comics. Evans had no interest in renewing his contract. It was either going back in time to reunite with Peggy or death. If they just would've had him retire and be with Sharon, there'd be no excuse for him not to be a part of future world shattering events.
    I get that, but I still have issues with that being Steve's ending in general.
    Differently worded, but yes, this was more or less my point.
    We finally agree on something .

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Who will even be the villain?
    They'll probably use Sin.

Extraordinary Member

If what we saw lead to a lacking treatment for Sharon then I don't think it was a fair comparison, and I definitely don't think we saw near enough with her that we got with Peggy. Peggy was definitively the female 1st lead of First Avenger and got plenty of screentime in the movie and focus on her relationship with Steve while Sharon was like the 6th most relevant character in Winter Soldier (and probably even further back for Civil War).
    While I do agree that Sharon didn't receive the kind of screen time that Peggy did, I honestly don't think that all the screen time in the world would've delivered the kind of chemistry that Steve and Peggy did.

I don't think the Russo's were conscious of her character not being able to work otherwise I don't see why they would have even bothered outside of Sharon's actual significance to the franchise that they weren't able to do justice. But if you went into a movie not expecting much Sharon Carter, then I guess you would get what you expected.
    Honestly, I went in completely open to Sharon as Steve's new love interest. I guess I just didn't see what you did? That said, it's not like I didn't look.

I get that, but I still have issues with that being Steve's ending in general.
    Honest question: would you have preferred death?

We finally agree on something .
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They'll probably use Sin.
    That's not a terrible guess. In the latest issue of the Captain Carter comic, a mysterious blond woman ordered a hit on her and her partner, so it's entirely likely.

Her old show made up a Widow, used Dr. Faustus and Madame Masque.So they'll use one of Steve's villians or dust off one of the 1000 other villians Marvel has.

I liked the Agent Carter tv show so I rather just get another season instead of Captain Carter. I don't mind Captain Carter but she wasn't that interesting in What If?. But maybe they'll have more freedom here than in What If?.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-27-2022 at 03:05 PM.

While I do agree that Sharon didn't receive the kind of screen time that Peggy did, I honestly don't think that all the screen time in the world would've delivered the kind of chemistry that Steve and Peggy did.
    Well, it's hard to demonstrate any kind of chemistry when your two characters barely interact in the movie as is and Steve gets more screentime with Black Widow.
    Honestly, I went in completely open to Sharon as Steve's new love interest. I guess I just didn't see what you did? That said, it's not like I didn't look.
    I did too, and I thought they were just introducing her so they could focus on her more in Cap 3. And then when that didn't happen, I was hoping she would get some good content in F&TWS. And then that didn't happen...
    Honest question: would you have preferred death?
    If it was handled well, yeah?

That's not a terrible guess. In the latest issue of the Captain Carter comic, a mysterious blond woman ordered a hit on her and her partner, so it's entirely likely.
    Was that sin?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Her old show made up a Widow, used Dr. Faustus and Madame Masque.So they'll use one of Steve's villians or dust off one of the 1000 other villians Marvel has.

I liked the Agent Carter tv show so I rather just get another season instead of Captain Carter. I don't mind Captain Carter but she wasn't that interesting in What If?. But maybe they'll have more freedom here than in What If?.
    There was a black Widow in AC?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Dottie Underwood, who was fun enough that I'd watch a series about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Dottie Underwood, who was fun enough that I'd watch a series about her.
    Makes me wonder how long the BW program has been around in the MCU?

Season 1 had her fight against a red room agent. So she's a precursor to the Widow program.

Makes me wonder how long the BW program has been around in the MCU?
    Around 100 years if Agent Carter is still canon.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's hard to demonstrate any kind of chemistry when your two characters barely interact in the movie as is and Steve gets more screentime with Black Widow.
    Honestly? I think it's just time we drop this particular point because we're just debating in circles now. You think they should've had more screen time to determine if they had any chemistry, I don't think it was necessary because just one scene between Steve and Peggy was enough to establish such chemistry between them. I don't think this is something we're ever going to agree on so we should probably just drop it from here on in.

If it was handled well, yeah?
    Fair enough. We may never see her with Steve, but I think with her surviving and continuing to do what she's doing there's at least a chance for a redemption arc (or maybe even a reveal that she's been undercover for Fury this whole time).

Extraordinary Member

Was that sin?
    I mean, its entirely possible. They haven't gone so far that they've actually named her yet, though.