Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Actually, it was Light Lass who later changed her name to Gossamer.
    I was aware it was Light Lass, Lighting Lass is just the default mode my brain automatically goes to when I think of Ayla.

Not really bothered by it.....I just wanted to help a poster out who has a name as cool as Judge Dread.

Ordered The Legion by Abnett and Lanning Vol. 1 and 2 along with THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Foundations and Teenage Revolution from Waid

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Ordered The Legion by Abnett and Lanning Vol. 1 and 2 along with THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Foundations and Teenage Revolution from Waid
    It still pisses me off that all of the Waidboot is collected in trades while so much of the Reboot and years worth of the Levitz era still are not. If your going by quality and reader interest the Waidboot would be the last thing collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It still pisses me off that all of the Waidboot is collected in trades while so much of the Reboot and years worth of the Levitz era still are not. If your going by quality and reader interest the Waidboot would be the last thing collected.
    I usually like Waid disappointed it is on the lower end. I really hope they do the silver age omnibus vol 4 as it should lead up to where the Levitz hardcovers pick up. I only read first omnibus when it first dropped years ago really liked it and have been holding out for a 4 before reading, but have given up. I know he has do another long run which seems not be collected at all. Hopefully the 5 years later omnibus did well enough for more Legion as I am loving it. If not time to start ebay hunting that second Levitz run. I read Great Darkness a long time ago and loved it.

And talking about the 5 years later (an Legion in general) : https://www.cbr.com/legion-reboot-su...-keith-giffen/
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And talking about the 5 years later (an Legion in general) : https://www.cbr.com/legion-reboot-su...-keith-giffen/

The reboot issues were good I was reading a bit about it trying to figure out why. Nice to see Giffen talk about it with it all so fresh and having just read it. He did a real good job with it. Looking more into Legion stuff and he Stern has a post reboot run I am interested to check out.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Superman offices were being real petty about the whole "no Superman connection" thing back then. You already got them to get rid of Superboy. Forcing them to get rid of Mon-El too just seemed like they were salting the Earth at that point. We get it, you didn't like the silver age.
    Assassinate Putin!

If they ever reboot the Legion again, I'd rather they just maintain them being inspired by the current "Age of Heroes" rather then just Superman. It could be interesting to see these ultimate "fanlads" and "fanlasses" actually inspired by different heroes. That could be an interesting twist on the LSH we've never seen before.

And I wouldn't have them meet any heroes when they were young. That's what gets them erased from the timestream when they become beholden to another character's continuity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If they ever reboot the Legion again, I'd rather they just maintain them being inspired by the current "Age of Heroes" rather then just Superman. It could be interesting to see these ultimate "fanlads" and "fanlasses" actually inspired by different heroes. That could be an interesting twist on the LSH we've never seen before.
    Seeing some Legionnaire or independent hero of their generation who is inspired by some hero we've never heard of, or someone who was never a hero at all (or one that barely blipped our radar, like the Red Bee), but is going off of some whacky historical inaccuracy, would be amusing.

And I wouldn't have them meet any heroes when they were young. That's what gets them erased from the timestream when they become beholden to another character's continuity.
    Agreed. Having the entire Legion setting become seen as untenable because Superman's history has changed (again) was a mistake, and I don't trust DC to not make it over and over again.

Just accept that the Legion future is some alternate possible potential future and not necessarily *the* future of the current DCU, and run with it. Whatever is seen of future Atlanteans or Amazons or Green Lanterns does not mean that writers of the current-day properties aren't free to blow up Atlantis (again) or kill of the Green Lantern Corps (again) or zap the Amazons off to Olympus to replace the Greek gods or whatever nonsense they want to do with the modern day properties.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Superman offices were being real petty about the whole "no Superman connection" thing back then. You already got them to get rid of Superboy. Forcing them to get rid of Mon-El too just seemed like they were salting the Earth at that point. We get it, you didn't like the silver age.
    If we are honest, the post crisis era in DC was really rejecting the previous silver age era. It is a common phenomena the rejection of the previous age to establish the present as "better" and a post era post Dark Knigth and Watchmen, the Silver age was seen as "silly". I must admit than I also was part of that set mind (or mindset? Sorry I don't know the right word in this case, I hope I am beign clear enough), but a second lecture make me understand than it was not such radicall moves to change the focus orf the Legion. But we must keep in mind than it was the tendencie of that time.

That is wrong. The post Zero Hour Legion chage the attention from Superman to the age of heroes in general. So it was not something new.

Legion_Inspired.jpg

In my opinion the mistake is keep them in a perpetual teenager stage and don't let them grow and then being replaced by new teenage characters. At least in that aspect, the 5YL Legion was a path in the right direction.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Went on a Legion spending spree this week grabbed a bunch of singles as sadly not enough trades

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If we are honest, the post crisis era in DC was really rejecting the previous silver age era. It is a common phenomena the rejection of the previous age to establish the present as "better" and a post era post Dark Knigth and Watchmen, the Silver age was seen as "silly". I must admit than I also was part of that set mind (or mindset? Sorry I don't know the right word in this case, I hope I am beign clear enough), but a second lecture make me understand than it was not such radicall moves to change the focus orf the Legion. But we must keep in mind than it was the tendencie of that time.
    I think with the Legion they had such a specific audience that everyone who already knew who Mon-El was were hard core fans. I get getting rid of Superboy, it actually would create confusion in the marketplace, so to speak. But Mon-El was such an obscure character that it just seemed a little overboard to go that far. I get why they did it but it just seemed like they were overreacting to a character most people never even heard of.
    Assassinate Putin!

That is wrong. The post Zero Hour Legion chage the attention from Superman to the age of heroes in general. So it was not something new.
    Yes I know that, which is what I was referencing. The "new" part would be seeing specific LSH members identify with specific current heroes. (but not as legacy heroes that they've had)

Extraordinary Member

I like Kal having an epic life.

Escaping a doomed planet as an infant.

Being a time traveling teenage hero with friends from different planets (and not some socially isolated kid).

Being the greatest hero on earth as an adult.

Yes I know that, which is what I was referencing. The "new" part would be seeing specific LSH members identify with specific current heroes. (but not as legacy heroes that they've had)
    One or two could be fun, but to have a Justice League 3000 2.0 would take away part of the interest and charm of the Legion. Not everything should be related to the Justice League, thank you.
    Noew, if one of those descendant or analogs become a villian in a twisted interpratetion of what hero means for him or her...