Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Legion 5 Years Later help

Hello all been reading 5 years later and got used to them out of costume and learning the names as adults after the legion split, but now the SW6 have come in. I have tried to find a version of this that list each legion member by name to help learn the younger more expanded team. Can anyone help with names of the top row along with the 4 above Cham and Phantom Girl. Also right below Phantom Girl who is in the pink? Also purple and green down the bottom. Thanks

legion-v4-24b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Hello all been reading 5 years later and got used to them out of costume and learning the names as adults after the legion split, but now the SW6 have come in. I have tried to find a version of this that list each legion member by name to help learn the younger more expanded team. Can anyone help with names of the top row along with the 4 above Cham and Phantom Girl. Also right below Phantom Girl who is in the pink? Also purple and green down the bottom. Thanks

legion-v4-24b.jpg
    The reason your having trouble identifying them, is that the top row are the heroes in their 1960's costumes. (Which means you have to be a super Legion geek like me to know them all)

(Going from left to right) Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Collossal Boy, Invisible Kid 1, Lighting Lass, and Ferro Lad.

Just above Chameleon Boy and Phantom Girl is Matter Eater Lad and Element Lad.

Ultimate Member

Captain Nostalgia is spot on, but I think Lightning Lass, based on what appears to be the feather chest emblem, might be in her 'Light Lass' phase. (Same person, but her powers changed for a while from lightning projection, like her brother, to a sort of anti-gravity effect (making things 'super-light').)

And this picture really shows us whose costumes stood the test of time. Sun Boy, Ultra Boy and Mon-El more or less have the same outfit, from the time they appeared to 60 years later, with only moderate tweaks, while so many other Legionnaires have gone through radical changes in color and style!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-18-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Also, to answer the rest of the OP's questions, the female character on the bottom in purple and orange is Triplicate Girl (there is nobody in purple and green unless you were talking about two different characters, Shrinking Violet is wearing green) and the male character below Phantom Girl in the pink is Cosmic Boy.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-18-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also, to answer the rest of the OP's questions, the female character on the bottom in purple and orange is Triplicate Girl (there is nobody in purple and green unless you were talking about two different characters, Shrinking Violet is wearing green) and the male character below Phantom Girl in the pink is Cosmic Boy.
    Yes I meant two different characters. Thank you all for the quick response. I am going to jump back and read some silver age stuff. Really enjoying 5 years later so far interested to see what happens when the older versions meet up with the SW6 batch. Going to have to grab the follow up omnibus and maybe the Legionnaires Book One as it seems to pick up where omnibus vol 2 ends. Glad to finally be getting into LOSH.

Brainiac 5 is purple and green . And he is there. At the center. Why everbody always ignores green people? It is no easy to be green...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Brainiac 5 is purple and green . And he is there. At the center. Why everbody always ignores green people? It is no easy to be green...
    Because we think they are sick and don't want to shame them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yes I meant two different characters. Thank you all for the quick response. I am going to jump back and read some silver age stuff. Really enjoying 5 years later so far interested to see what happens when the older versions meet up with the SW6 batch. Going to have to grab the follow up omnibus and maybe the Legionnaires Book One as it seems to pick up where omnibus vol 2 ends. Glad to finally be getting into LOSH.
    Just to give you a heads up Legionnaires Book One is the beggining of the Reboot era. A day one reboot of the team. It does feel a lot like the SW6 Legion, but it is a brand new version. It does take some cues from the SW6 like having Ferro and Invisable Kid having bigger roles and Laurel Gand taking the Supergirl role as Andromada. It also adds new characters like XS, Kinetix, Kid Quantum, Monstress, Magno, Gates, and Thunder. Some hate the Reboot era, but I actually really loved the first couple years of it.

Really enjoying 5 years later and want to try more legion. Outside of Paul Levitz run which I know is a big and well received run what else is worth checking out?

Really enjoying 5 years later and want to try more legion. Outside of Paul Levitz run which I know is a big and well received run what else is worth checking out?
    If you ever get into the reboot Legion, writers DnA (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) had one of my favorite runs with the awesome Olivier Coipel, then later Chris Batista.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-19-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just to give you a heads up Legionnaires Book One is the beggining of the Reboot era. A day one reboot of the team. It does feel a lot like the SW6 Legion, but it is a brand new version. It does take some cues from the SW6 like having Ferro and Invisable Kid having bigger roles and Laurel Gand taking the Supergirl role as Andromada. It also adds new characters like XS, Kinetix, Kid Quantum, Monstress, Magno, Gates, and Thunder. Some hate the Reboot era, but I actually really loved the first couple years of it.
    While the classic Levitz continuity is my favorite, I love the sheer numbers and diversity of the Legionnaires, in every iteration, so I'd much rather see new faces like Kid Quantum II, Dragonmage, Gates, etc. (as well as versions of Invisible Lyle, Ferro Lad or Triplicate Girl that got longer runs than in the classic continuity), than yet another version of Lightning Lad or Brainiac 5 or Ultra Boy. The Reboot delivers new and shiny in spades, much more so than the later Threeboot, or even the Bendisboot, so that's a huge plus for me. I like new and shiny!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While the classic Levitz continuity is my favorite, I love the sheer numbers and diversity of the Legionnaires, in every iteration, so I'd much rather see new faces like Kid Quantum II, Dragonmage, Gates, etc. (as well as versions of Invisible Lyle, Ferro Lad or Triplicate Girl that got longer runs than in the classic continuity), than yet another version of Lightning Lad or Brainiac 5 or Ultra Boy. The Reboot delivers new and shiny in spades, much more so than the later Threeboot, or even the Bendisboot, so that's a huge plus for me. I like new and shiny!
    I agree. I loved the Reboot era for the most part especially the first 2 or so years. The fact that it was two books a month made it even better. I would love a Legionnaries Book 3 collection so we could get the Fatal Five story, the Conspiracy, and Emerald Vi all collected.

If you ever get into the reboot Legion, writers DnA (Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) had one of my favorite runs with the awesome Olivier Coipel, then later Chris Batista.
    I really enjoy DnA as a team and Abnett solo sadly not a ton of trades going to try to find The Legion: Foundations, The Legion by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning Vol. 1 & 2, and Legionnaires Book Two.

TOP ROW

Karate Kid - Princess Projectra - Colossal Boy - Invisible Kid- LIGHT Lass (new power set of gravity control. that's why the feather, instead of a lightning bolt) - Ferro Lad

Above Cham and Phantom Girl are Matter-Eater Lad and Element Lad

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    The reason your having trouble identifying them, is that the top row are the heroes in their 1960's costumes. (Which means you have to be a super Legion geek like me to know them all)

(Going from left to right) Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Collossal Boy, Invisible Kid 1, Lighting Lass, and Ferro Lad.
    Actually, it was Light Lass who later changed her name to Gossamer.