Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,723

    Default Prey Predator prequel

    Didn't see anyone talking about this they are giving the Predator franchise anther go this time A Prequel on Hulu do you think they are just beating a dead horse or is there still potential in the Predator franchise? Also do you think Xenomorphs are going to be in this?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ler-video/amp/

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't see anyone talking about this they are giving the Predator franchise anther go this time A Prequel on Hulu do you think they are just beating a dead horse or is there still potential in the Predator franchise? Also do you think Xenomorphs are going to be in this?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ler-video/amp/
    There's potential because it's doing what they should have always done with the franchise: have the movies focused on different time periods with different predators vs different "warriors". Give me a samurai vs predator. A gunfighter vs predator. Heck, do one in Australia going up against an indigenous Australian.

    I think trying to create a cohesive narrative between the films is where they started running into trouble. Just my opinion though.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    I hope it has similarities to the first one, in suspense (even if we know how the Predator looks), action (not too much please) and good victims (or Heros)

  4. #4
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Looks super low budget. I wonder will it tie into that Pistol from the second movie?

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member James Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I'm skeptical because this was initially just a movie about Comanches that they retroactively turned into a Predator movie, packaged as a Hulu original. I also don't have faith in Disney's take on the Predator franchise.

    Anything will be better than The Predator though.

  6. #6
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,881

    Default

    Hard to think of a franchise that they've bungled worse than the Predator franchise. (though I'm sure there are some that manage to be worse)

    Probably won't be seeing this. The reviews would have to be stellar.

    Man, Predator (1987)...just an amazing action and sci-fi film...the intensity and machismo and political undertones is off the charts, McTiernan was a genius.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-18-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hard to think of a franchise that they've bungled worse than the Predator franchise. (though I'm sure there are some that manage to be worse)

    Probably won't be seeing this. The reviews would have to be stellar.

    Man, Predator (1987)...just an amazing action and sci-fi film...the intensity and machismo and political undertones is off the charts, McTiernan was a genius.
    Alien?


    I thought the third film (Predators) was OK, and Predator 2 had it's moments. But then there's the AVP films and The Predator which I actually felt was kind of Ableist.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #8
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,262

    Default

    Been wanting the Predator films to jump to earlier historical time periods so might check this out.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Honestly, I kinda liked Predators, with Royce et all.

    Throw some different kind of characters together and let them go at it.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Alien?


    I thought the third film (Predators) was OK, and Predator 2 had it's moments. But then there's the AVP films and The Predator which I actually felt was kind of Ableist.
    For me, the interesting thing about Predators, it made me understand the concept of representation. I'm a middle age white American. There are only two Americans in that movie, the sociopath and the crazy guy. I could truly say, "That's what they mean by wanting some positive representation. Because this movie had none for me.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    I'm hopeful because this seems to know what worked about movie 1: how even Arnie was practically naked against a Pred no matter how good he thought his chops and weapons were so running away from something totally unknown was commonplace. Later movies adding lore and previous knowledge diluted that a lot.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Huge Predator Fan and I'll give it a try but going in with the absolute lowest of expectations. Honestly not that interested so far.

    This looks far better:


  13. #13
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I kinda liked Predators, with Royce et all.

    Throw some different kind of characters together and let them go at it.
    Predators is probably the best film this IP has ever been at the heart of.

    That said, there's no telling when you will wind up getting a solid "Predator..." film.

    This may very well wind up being one.

  14. #14
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Imo Shane Black didn't seem to really care about making a good Predator movie. He just wanted to goof around with the cast mostly. Too bad he didn't realize Predator wasn't Iron Man 3 lol.

  15. #15
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Imo Shane Black didn't seem to really care about making a good Predator movie. He just wanted to goof around with the cast mostly. Too bad he didn't realize Predator wasn't Iron Man 3 lol.
    That's more studio interference there's a lot changed from what we got including a bunch of animal predator hybrids good predators at Ara 51 and apparently Dutch was going to be in the cargo box at the end this was all cut out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •