Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

It was definitely one of the best Predator movies. Having said that, I STILL put Predator, and Predator 2 above it. Predators and Prey are kinda tied in third place imo.

1. Predator
    2. Predator 2
    3. Predators/Prey
    4. AVP:R
    5. AVP
    6. The Predator
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 08-15-2022 at 05:04 PM.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My Predator listings goes

1: (Shocker) Predator 2 I actually love this film.

2: Predator.

3: Prey.

The rest I don't care about.
    Well, I do give props to "Predators." Although I haven't seen the whole film, the Hanzo/Predator match was great.

Aside from that, I agree with your list. For me, Predator 2 is underrated. It built upon and expanded a lot of the elements that were in Predator. The big surprise for me was that opening. I was expecting it to take place in another rainforest but then boom, Los Angeles? A city? Predators can hunt in cities?! That still gets me.

As for Prey, I'm been meaning to watch it again. I'm still intrigued with how it fits in the Predator universe. Unlike the other films, there's a quiet, subdued nature to it. There isn't the Alan Silvestri soundtrack in background. However, it still fits.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    It was definitely one of the best Predator movies. Having said that, I STILL put Predator, and Predator 2 above it. Predators and Prey are kinda tied in third place imo.

1. Predator
    2. Predator 2
    3. Predators/Prey
    4. AVP:R
    5. AVP
    6. The Predator
    That’s my list as well.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Fantastic Member

The film was okay...it's way over hyped online though. The animals looked horrible, we only got two defined characters and the action scenes were poorly shot. The big miss the film had was that the scenes just lacked any sense of suspense. It was just here's what we can do with a computer and now we move onto the next thing. While it had some really good ideas those ideas were not well executed and the writers missed the boat on making the humans feel more compelling and fully realized.

(This thread is 7 pages long so I'm not gonna hide any spoilers) I'm a fan of the Predator franchise and was excited to see an new addition and was hopeful with it being a prequel instead of trying to push off the horrible last instalment The Predator it will be better. I was some what discouraged as it was a straight to streaming but there has been a bunch of really great movies that have been released strictly for streaming and HULU was due one.

Prey. The protagonist a young Comanche girl Naru played by Amber Midthunder. The Comanche are a gender role society, The men hunt and protect the tribe from outside threats while the women take care of the camp, set up cooking and gathering plants. Naru wants to be a hunter. I really didn't see that much push back other than a few comments from a few the hunting party rude boys. She is first doing the gathering thing then runs off to practice her tomahawk throwing and chases a dear throw the woods and no one tells her that it is not her place. Later her brother Taabe does not tell her that she is a girl and cant but asks her if she is really ready for Kuhtammia (to hunt something that hunts you).

Naru's reaction when Taabe came back to camp with the mountain lion was less than congratulatory. He has seemed to be more than supportive to her and she seems pissed of his achievement focused that something else is out that that she had to hunt. She acts more like Captain Ahab here than the protective protagonist. And again when she leaves the village with all her hunting gear no one stops her says hey you're a girl you need to go find plants, go put that stuff up. This is where she makes the tomahawk on a tether, cool concept but in practice would not work, if you have ever been to one of those ax throwing places you would know but, its a movie with an alien trophy hunter got to suspend some belief even in practical things.
    She starts tracking the Predator, who inurn starts tracking her.

When Naru and the Predator meet up there is a bear! The bear his killed by the Predator and Naru gets away. Then she runs into the rude boys from her tribe who seem kinda pissed that they are out there becasue she ran off from the tribe. She fights with them and this gets the eye of the Predator who rips through the rude boys like nothing. This is if Naru hadn't gone all Ahab the boys from her village may not have had to die. Naru gets away by the Predator being scared off by French dudes? This is another sticky point for me. I lived in Comanche country for awhile and got to know a little of the history and if she were to encounter Europeans in 1719 it would have been Spanish not French, they seem to shoehorn the French as so to make a connection with the other movies using the pistol from Predator 2.

The French seem to know about the Predator and its motivations "looking for the strongest beast". Then they show that they have her brother who again is only out and about becasue he is looking for her. So now they are both bait, and now a bad ass sequence of the Predator cutting through the French men. This is where I Naru comes to the conclusion that the Predator will not kill if you're not threat. Then we get the throw back like of "If it bleeds, we can kill it" thanks Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer! Naru and Taabe escape and go back to the French camp to you know get the dog. Where this little girl takes out all the French men there in hand to hand combat.... suspend belief. And a friendly Comanche speaking French man ( Raphael Adolini) trades THE pistol for some medial aid. we also learn here that there is a magical orange flower that can lower the body temperature below the infrared spectrum...Suspend belief. We also learn here that the Predator (the greatest hunter in the galaxy) can't aim with out laser tracking. Here is also where Taabe gets killed, who again is only out there because he was looking for Naru who ran away chasing her white whale.

Now Naru is tracking the French men's leader for revenge? but then gets the idea to use him as bait. Neat little bit of trivia here the Comanche do not whistle at night because they believe that it calls evil spirits. So when Naru whistles here it is as if she is calling up the Predator. He, the predator, decapitates the French leader as this it the trophy of the "strongest beast" he has found. Naru steals the Predator laser aim tracking helmet and in the end uses it to in a plan that relies mainly on luck to kill him. Shen goes back to her village with the head of the Predator and get to be war chef after reviling the pistol to the audience that its the one Danny Glover was given in Predator 2. The credits show drawings of the Predators returning in 3 ships.. they got to get that pistol same way.

Roll credits.

Despite a few things and most of it is nitpicky I enjoyed the movie. It was a huge improvement from the last movie. It was nice seeing the Predator outside of modern day setting and I liked the character of Naru and her hunt for a personal white whale in an attempt as she thinks is to protect her village. The thing of it is she got many able body boys of her tribe killed in her pursuit to prove that she is just as good as them. Looking at the whole pitcher the predator would have gone after the French trappers that are more equipped, trapping and killing way more than the Comanche tribe.

The Feral Predator: Dane DiLiegro made for an interesting addition to the Yautja though they really nerfed (do people still uses that term) him to pit him against less technology. The diversity in the alien race is really interesting. The writer has said this is a different species with in the Predators from a different area of the Yautja home planet which would explain not being drawn to the hot weather of the first 2 movies, as Gay Busey's character explained in Predator 2. I do wish it would have kept the fish nets though.

So a few have but an order of movies by personal rank so here is mine

1. Predator, the original is the best, an awesome cast with great one liners and a meme play ground
    2. Predator 2, Don't get to see a return of Dutch but going from the jungle of South America to The concrete jungle of LA was brilliant.
    3. Prey, It took a 2nd watch for this to go up on my list but in the end it is a solid addition.
    4. Predators, Taking earth out as the hunting ground was a mistake, is this for the rich Yautja that want canned hunts?
    5. The Predator, Yikes! What the hell, I hope that this one is scrubbed for cannon

Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, its a no for me dawg. These cross overs have been disconnected from the Alien Franchise and I hope the same happens with Predator. And if these two ever meet again on film I home that present day earth is not the backdrop.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

It needs to said that Predator 2 is not a good movie. The visuals and placements in the third act are cool , bolded but fans place it list wise only by default. It falls flat even as a vehicle to get to the action and/or the two or three cool visuals by the end. Big shoutout to the cast- they put the shiniest hat on this pig as they could with it's terrible dialogue and bad direction.

This is one of the few movies that didn't get any cool **** out of Bill Paxton, RIP. If you don't give a **** about the couple wild racist Jamaican caricatures, the Voodoo Posse, the zebra covered Cadillac, poor Calvin Lockhart who did what he could, then that's one less thing I guess but that **** caught me sideways even back then. The subway train piece was pointless, the jokes were bad, the studio really got out on the cheap. ****, Danny Glover and the Kevin Peter Hall's movement in the suit (and the suit btw) were the best thing about it. Busey was good even if we're still waiting for the top half of his body to fall.

Thanks to Prey something that just occurred to me 30 odd years later. We're only supposedly shown ONE Predator hunting through downtown LA when now I have to assume, that whole hunting party was involved physically at points. If not then this Predator has intel, mobility and a grasp of English language that we ain't seen since. The director left us with zero regard for the slightest of explanations. This Predator understood gang vs. gang tensions, the cocaine movement, gang/police hierarchy AND the ability to track gangsters and show up to get the drop on them wherever they ended up at. Dude didn't drive but her sure made use of the sides of buildings I guess. Lt. Harrigan fell from an elevator shaft in an apt. building right into the trophy room of the ship! Like fk it lol, In the theater if felt like a spliced section of film. Give it up to nostalgia and givin' and E for effort and all but while I never loved it time is making me like it less.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It needs to said that Predator 2 is not a good movie. The visuals and placements in the third act are cool , bolded but fans place it list wise only by default. It falls flat even as a vehicle to get to the action and/or the two or three cool visuals by the end. Big shoutout to the cast- they put the shiniest hat on this pig as they could with it's terrible dialogue and bad direction.

This is one of the few movies that didn't get any cool **** out of Bill Paxton, RIP. If you don't give a **** about the couple wild racist Jamaican caricatures, the Voodoo Posse, the zebra covered Cadillac, poor Calvin Lockhart who did what he could, then that's one less thing I guess but that **** caught me sideways even back then. The subway train piece was pointless, the jokes were bad, the studio really got out on the cheap. ****, Danny Glover and the Kevin Peter Hall's movement in the suit (and the suit btw) were the best thing about it. Busey was good even if we're still waiting for the top half of his body to fall.

Thanks to Prey something that just occurred to me 30 odd years later. We're only supposedly shown ONE Predator hunting through downtown LA when now I have to assume, that whole hunting party was involved physically at points. If not then this Predator has intel, mobility and a grasp of English language that we ain't seen since. The director left us with zero regard for the slightest of explanations. This Predator understood gang vs. gang tensions, the cocaine movement, gang/police hierarchy AND the ability to track gangsters and show up to get the drop on them wherever they ended up at. Dude didn't drive but her sure made use of the sides of buildings I guess. Lt. Harrigan fell from an elevator shaft in an apt. building right into the trophy room of the ship! Like fk it lol, In the theater if felt like a spliced section of film. Give it up to nostalgia and givin' and E for effort and all but while I never loved it time is making me like it less.
    Without childhood nostalgia I'm not sure I'd still give Pred 2 the time of the day. It had cool scenes, but I watched more movies and had wild dreams.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Without childhood nostalgia I'm not sure I'd still give Pred 2 the time of the day. It had cool scenes, but I watched more movies and had wild dreams.
    Nah, Predator 2 is mad underrated. It's cool seeing people respecting it after all of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Nah, Predator 2 is mad underrated. It's cool seeing people respecting it after all of these years.
    Totally , The first Predator movie concerned itself with the Reagan White House's illegal drug-money-funded death-squad-enabling wars of terror and regime overthrow in Central America, Predator 2 is the domestic blowback that results from the CIA flooding the cities of the United States with guns and crack in order to disable revolt and enact widespread genocide economics, justifying a massive for-profit mass incarceration protocol immediately upon the horizon
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Totally , The first Predator movie concerned itself with the Reagan White House's illegal drug-money-funded death-squad-enabling wars of terror and regime overthrow in Central America, Predator 2 is the domestic blowback that results from the CIA flooding the cities of the United States with guns and crack in order to disable revolt and enact widespread genocide economics, justifying a massive for-profit mass incarceration protocol immediately upon the horizon
    those are good analogies right there

Of course half of Dutch's team actors ran for office. Arnold and Ventura of course are well known, Landham not as much.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Prey was really damn good. Its one of those films where Disney finally hit on a new female hero and one who isn't perfect. As I told one friend who kept trying to do the "it fits an agenda" and how the character in it was a woman who beat a Predator. I brought up that the character could have died various times , showing her human side. Her pushing to belong and how she was helped at times by her brother and French who did a bit of damage to Predator.

My personal list of Predator films...

1. Predator
    2. Prey
    3. Predator 2
    4. Predators

I haven;t seen the last Predator film set in modern times. I've heard its pretty much crap.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Bruuuuh.....