Default Mystery about Naomi origin

I have a question about something I noticed about Naomi's origin in the first vol. of the character. I was checking a fact when I noticed something very intriguing.
    My original concern was about how accesible to travel was earth-Naomi. In Justice League it was explained than travel from her earth to earth 0 was very difficult. However I remember than in the first volumen of Naomi, Zumbado had no problem to travel to earth 0 once Naomi had activated her powers. At least, as I recalled. But in Justice League, the implication was than travel to earth-Naomi it was very hard to do and than they lack the resources to do it.
    Instead of blput the blame on Bendis , I choosed to give the man the benefit of the doubt (again, even after the messes he has done) because Naomi has keep certain acceptable level of quality and it can be explained than maybe something happened between panels than made the travel more difficult. I have not be the most supportive of Bendis work on DC but Naomi, as a series, even if slow, deserve certain praise.

However when I was checking on this information ( I checked the whole mini for the information) I noted something than I had overlooked before, about Naomi secret origin:
    On issue 4, when her father told her about her arrival to earth, we see three armored soldiers chasing a woman who holds baby Naomi on her arms. The soldiers are using a kind of armor and the chased woman is using a suit similar to the one of Naomi's family.

But, and here is the important detail, in issue 5, when Naomi is exposed to the message of her mother, we see an scene where she is, as a baby with her biological parents, as with a friend of them, called Akira, and who is the superintellect of that world. The important details are however:

1. The same soldiers and the woman from the previous issue are showed in the background receiving orders from Akira. The same characters. You can't miss that with the detailed work of Jamal Campbell. The only difference is than in their first appearance the crest of the soldiers is red but in the message for Naomi they appear with their crests yellow.

2. The soldiers are using the same crest as Akira, so is easy so suppose than they obey to Akira. And it was insinuated than Akire is very documented about the main earth of the DC universe.

Also, as the first item was an experience from her father, the second iter refers to something than only Naomi was seeing. So, for the characters at least, it was easy to be something to overlook.

Have someone else noted these details? They mean something or where just throwaway details? Will have a meaning someday?ret origin:
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Zumbado can travel easily, but the League can't as it's alien tech to them.

As for the crests, that's just a mistake by the colorist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zumbado can travel easily, but the League can't as it's alien tech to them.
    No, in Justice League he can't. He ask to someone else to built a machine to travel to earth 0.

As for the crests, that's just a mistake by the colorist.
    I can accept the color mistake. However, they were the same soldiers than moments before were helping the same person who they killed moments after.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, in Justice League he can't. He ask to someone else to built a machine to travel to earth 0.

I can accept the color mistake. However, they were the same soldiers than moments before were helping the same person who they killed moments after.
    Clones????

Regarding the people who were seen both hanging out with Naomi's parents and chasing Akira, yes other readers have noticed that (I had to have it pointed out to me) and yes they appear to be the same people. But we don't know what the deal is there. It looks like they were friends of Naomi's parents who, for whatever reason, ended up betraying them and trying to stop Akira from taking Naomi across earths. We don't know why. Mind control? Bribery? Blackmail? A simple change of allegiance? Clones? Shapeshifters? Variants from yet another earth, but evil? Were they undercover agents of Zumbado's from the start? We don't know.

Nor do we know much about traveling to Naomi's homearth, which I've taken to calling earth-N. There might be a drop of dialogue in the JL story that provides clues I'm forgetting though. It could be hard to access for any number of reasons, but Dee seemed to manage it just fine...assuming he *did* end up on earth-N like he wanted. So I'm inclined to think the reason earth-N was hard to reach is just because nobody knew exactly where it was. Now that people have been there, they've got the coordinates and it's not an issue.

We know Zumbado had a way to track and reach Naomi; he found her and made it to the main earth as soon as she lit up her powers. We know he's travelled to other earths before the main DCU. But the ease with which he finds Naomi....I don't think it actually tells us much about travelling to and from earth-N. Naomi lights up, and it's a beacon Zumbado can follow. I think he says that he'd never have found the main DCU if she hadn't done that? I'd have to re-read to be sure. But if so, that tells us both earths had a hard time reaching the other so it's likely less a matter of earth-N being hard to reach, and more a matter of nobody having a map. Until now, anyway.

Yeah, more questions than answers unfortunately. Hopefully the backend of season 2 will provide some information.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-18-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Regarding the people who were seen both hanging out with Naomi's parents and chasing Akira, yes other readers have noticed that (I had to have it pointed out to me) and yes they appear to be the same people. But we don't know what the deal is there. It looks like they were friends of Naomi's parents who, for whatever reason, ended up betraying them and trying to stop Akira from taking Naomi across earths. We don't know why. Mind control? Bribery? Blackmail? A simple change of allegiance? Clones? Shapeshifters? Variants from yet another earth, but evil? Were they undercover agents of Zumbado's from the start? We don't know.
    Just a correction. The soldiers never were chasing Akira. They were chasing another woman who also was wearing an armor similar to the one of Naomi, with the same crest. The same woman who was moments before sharing an space with them. Akira uses the same crest as the soldiers, so it could be also than everything it was a twisted plan from Akira and the soldiers always were following her orders.

Nor do we know much about traveling to Naomi's homearth, which I've taken to calling earth-N. There might be a drop of dialogue in the JL story that provides clues I'm forgetting though. It could be hard to access for any number of reasons, but Dee seemed to manage it just fine...assuming he *did* end up on earth-N like he wanted. So I'm inclined to think the reason earth-N was hard to reach is just because nobody knew exactly where it was. Now that people have been there, they've got the coordinates and it's not an issue.
    Well, there is the mystery of the situation. Brutus said than Zumbado talked about this earth and he could travel to earth 0 easly. (Until Batman wrecked his machine at least), but later Zumbado asked to the associated of Brutus to rebuilt the machine. How it was than Zumbado suddendly couldn't travel to earth 0 anymore, specially if he had visited them before? At least it is to expect than some answer could be dropped in comics' season 2.

We know Zumbado had a way to track and reach Naomi; he found her and made it to the main earth as soon as she lit up her powers. We know he's travelled to other earths before the main DCU. But the ease with which he finds Naomi....I don't think it actually tells us much about travelling to and from earth-N. Naomi lights up, and it's a beacon Zumbado can follow. I think he says that he'd never have found the main DCU if she hadn't done that? I'd have to re-read to be sure. But if so, that tells us both earths had a hard time reaching the other so it's likely less a matter of earth-N being hard to reach, and more a matter of nobody having a map. Until now, anyway.
    Yes, he said it. When Naomi activated her powers, Zumbado could track her.

Yeah, more questions than answers unfortunately. Hopefully the backend of season 2 will provide some information.
    Season 2 of comics you mean. But at the speed of Bendis, the answers are going to take their time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Just a correction. The soldiers never were chasing Akira. They were chasing another woman
    Yeah, I guess they were. Sorry, haven't read season 1 in a while and the memory is fuzzy.

Well, there is the mystery of the situation. Brutus said than Zumbado talked about this earth and he could travel to earth 0 easly. (Until Batman wrecked his machine at least), but later Zumbado asked to the associated of Brutus to rebuilt the machine. How it was than Zumbado suddendly couldn't travel to earth 0 anymore, specially if he had visited them before? At least it is to expect than some answer could be dropped in comics' season 2.
    Keeping in mind that my memory of the JL arc is *also* fuzzy I'd assume that Zumbado lacks the technological acumen to repair the machine himself, and needed Brutus' associate to manage it.

Season 2 of comics you mean. But at the speed of Bendis, the answers are going to take their time to come.
    Yeah, the comics. I haven't watched the CW show and from what I hear it has little in common with the comic anyway? Answers are definitely gonna be slow in coming....but I think I'm okay with that as long as answers *do* come.

I'd be pretty happy if we finally got some answers about Naomi's powerset. We still don't even know what she's really capable of, or what her powers even are. That'd be a good start.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.