Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wrong Thread.
    Last edited by Milici; 05-18-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Do we know for sure the mystery person is Belasco.
    What if it’s Ananym, Belasco’s daughter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Do we know for sure the mystery person is Belasco.
    What if it’s Ananym, Belasco’s daughter?
    We learn 2 things about this villain in the opening scene. 1: This person can get S'ym to betray Illyana. 2. This person knows Illyana better than S'ym. Both of these things rule out Witchfire. When Witchfire tried to take over Limbo, S'ym defied her and remained completely loyal to Illyana, even after he was stabbed in the gut and left for dead he tried to warn Illyana about Witchfire. He wouldn't suddenly switch sides just for her under any circumstances. But Belasco is someone he would switch sides for. Illyana and Witchfire have met twice, both times very briefly, whereas S'ym pretty much watched Illyana grow up. The only villains in the multiverse who know Illyana better than S'ym are Belasco and the Darkchild.

Extraordinary Member

Okay. Got it.

This was a very good Magik-centric comic. I do have one question though - I thought Magik was just a demon that has Illiyana's memories. Did the real Illiyana come back at some point?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    This was a very good Magik-centric comic. I do have one question though - I thought Magik was just a demon that has Illiyana's memories. Did the real Illiyana come back at some point?
    She was initially resurrected with her soul missing, but she got her soul back in X-Infernus and the Zeb Wells New Mutants over a decade ago. She's the real Illyana.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a great issue. I think this might be the first time in the Krakoa era that Magik has been written with some real depth, not that the badass captain routine hasn't been enjoyable, but it's good to be reminded that there's much more to Yana. I missed Reis' art, it is so beautifully lush. Looking forward to seeing how the current story and the past one are connected. Also hope to learn more about Maddie's intent and motivations. Curious how losing her soulsword will affect Yana.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Best X-book this week.
    Characterisation, art, pacing, storytelling...everything was perfection! 10/10

While Gillen was busy killing my favourite villain with PIS Vita is building up another favourite villain with depth and meaning. (couldn't help the shade...and not sorry one bit)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Im with Dani. Illyana giving control of limbo to Maddie will bit them all in the butt

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was another killer issue in a killer run. Praying for no more delays because I need to know where the story is going and also how Maddie goes from this to Spider-Man's Dark Web.

Amazing Member

I read this, IXM and XM:R and it was my favorite of the three. Between Reiss' art and Vita's storytelling, I'm all in for this ride.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    We learn 2 things about this villain in the opening scene. 1: This person can get S'ym to betray Illyana. 2. This person knows Illyana better than S'ym. Both of these things rule out Witchfire. When Witchfire tried to take over Limbo, S'ym defied her and remained completely loyal to Illyana, even after he was stabbed in the gut and left for dead he tried to warn Illyana about Witchfire. He wouldn't suddenly switch sides just for her under any circumstances. But Belasco is someone he would switch sides for. Illyana and Witchfire have met twice, both times very briefly, whereas S'ym pretty much watched Illyana grow up. The only villains in the multiverse who know Illyana better than S'ym are Belasco and the Darkchild.
    This is why I hope it's not that obvious. Maybe Ayala will use a new character who is somehow related to Belasco or Darkchild. Otherwise, why bother hiding the villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    This is why I hope it's not that obvious. Maybe Ayala will use a new character who is somehow related to Belasco or Darkchild. Otherwise, why bother hiding the villain?
    It's Cat, her appearance in the flashback was foreshadowing.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's Belasco either. Ayala had no problem revealing Shadow King being the villain in the first issue of their arc after all. I honestly think there's going to be a bait and switch going on with Belasco appearing but not truly being the mastermind behind events.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's Belasco either. Ayala had no problem revealing Shadow King being the villain in the first issue of their arc after all. I honestly think there's going to be a bait and switch going on with Belasco appearing but not truly being the mastermind behind events.
    On the topic of mystery villains…
    I’ve lost track…Belasco regained his missing arm at some point? X-MEN: BLACK SUN maybe? Where’s Amanda Sefton (aka Replacement Magik) these days?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.