Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think she actually does but i don't know for a fact. As we have seen mutant energy has to go somewhere just like all energy so technically he should be able to synch into that energy spectrum. Though i don't think anything actually became of that planet size red ball of mutant energy. at least i can't remember but i just remember it floating around in the background of stuff several times.
    Didn't Vulcan absorb that which is how he got boosted to Beyond Omega Level over 9,000 errmahgawd? Or did that get retconned?

Edit:
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Didn't Vulcan absorb that which is how he got boosted to Beyond Omega Level over 9,000 errmahgawd? Or did that get retconned?

Edit:
    Honestly i don't remember. I actually remember Billy tan art more than the actual story, and i did read it. lol

That whole ed brukaer/matt fraction era sort of just blends for me

So vulcan's the one who REALLY stole all the mutant power, no wonder Wanda/Hope couldn't put it back. ^_^

That dude really did have mad retcons in such a short period of time. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 08:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hey, I’ve been doing “Rift talking about Hellion” but stanning for Cable for waaay longer. Maybe I’m just more subtle about it and need to up my game…
    If that was subtle I can only wonder what walls of text you'd make when trying to be "loud" .

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I like Hope everywhere other than AvX. From what we had seen of her by then, AvX felt like character assassination for her. Gillen's Hope is quite enjoyable to read. Far more interesting than Rachel, and half as redundant.
    To be fair, who wasn't character assassinated in AvX? You can probably count in one hand, and I wonder if it goes higher than two, or even one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Edit:
    Reading it again it says he was pushed to omega level not beyond omega, so it's kind of funny unlike the others on the list vulcan is pretty much an artificial omega. I wonder if he will get weaker as mutants that were depowered are repowered. I would think their energy signatures would leave him. But then if he expels all the energy he uses and keeps needing more one has to wonder how is he still even Omega. Which makes him actually the weirdest one on the list.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Reading it again it says he was pushed to omega level not beyond omega, so it's kind of funny unlike the others on the list vulcan is pretty much an artificial omega. I wonder if he will get weaker as mutants that were depowered are repowered. I would think their energy signatures would leave him. But then if he expels all the energy he uses and keeps needing more one has to wonder how is he still even Omega. Which makes him actually the weirdest one on the list.
    Yeah…and Exodus deserves an ASTERISK as well since he was tweaked in some manner by Apocalypse. I remember when AOA Holocaust first crossed over to the 616 and fought Exodus, and Holocaust says something in frustration like “you’ve never been this powerful before”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

1) It has already been established that Cable, X-man and Stryfe are not Omega level mutants (i.e., with no upper limit to their powers), rather just really powerful Alpha level mutants.

2) It has also been shown that their bodies and minds deteriorate over time due to the immensity of their power levels, and the more they use their powers to their full extent the faster they degrade… almost like their bodies just cannot contain the amount of raw power coursing through them, perhaps because they were genetically engineered by Sinister precisely to be so powerful and to act as weapons against Apocalypse. In other words, he wasn’t striving for perfection here, rather just combining genetics that would create a being with immense raw power. This has been shown many times in the comics, including one time in the Cable/Deadpool series where Nathan had Wade literally lobotomize him to keep his powers from burning out his mortal husk.

Food for thought, but I find it fascinating.
    I'm gonna be honest, I think the "no upper limit to their power" sounds like a stupid no limits fallacy. What does no limit mean? Omnipotence? will they become more powerful than the Phoenix? the Living Tribunal? The One Above All?

Like, the "no upper limit" is the textbook definition of no limits fallacy so I just cant take it seriously

Anyway, all of that really doesn't apply to current Cable anymore due to changes brought to reality by House of M.
    newbody.jpg

Cable's body before and after the Cable and Deadpool issue #16 are different. The Cable after issue #16 was indeed created by Sinister to be the "perfect" mutant

He was the personification of the genetic potential of all mutants
    potential.jpg

And the well spring for all the power mutants could ever achieve.
    homomutatis.jpg
    Last edited by MkDiz; 05-24-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Well, he's also died and been resurrected twice since then, so who knows at this point? All I know is that Ewing has established that his virus has somehow mutated and he's once again struggling to control it, as well as studying it and attempting to better understand it (and so is Abigail Brand, to the point where she's willing to risk lives to obtain a sample of his techno-organic viral load in order to study it further as well as how he manages to control it for some reason). So at this stage it has been established that...

A) Cable is not an omega level mutant because, simply put, he wasn't on the list of omegas and therefore he's just a really powerful alpha (I don't really care as a fan of the character because I don't get hung up on these silly labels, or power levels, feats, etc.);
    B) His virus has mutated (possibly due to cosmic radiation from when he was on The Peak space station as it was crashing to Earth and used the full extent of his TK to slow it down and steer it through a portal that Manifold created) and it thus looks different, in that it no longer has the metallic outer "shell" or plating (for lack of a better description) and instead looks more like the Phalanx or Technarch (like Warlock only black with glowing blue lines instead of black with glowing yellow lines); and
    C) His powers are somehow now unstable enough that he needs the virus to control them and rein them in as much as he needs his powers to control the virus and contain it, so in that respect he now exists in this odd but fascinating (to me at least) state of symbiosis.

I'm looking forward to finding out more as I do not think this is a plot thread that Ewing doesn't plan to address, since he's the one who introduced it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Cable has two powers, TP and TK, and unlike Jean, Quentin and Exodus, he has clear limitations on those. The stuff that Jackraow21 wrote fits well within the definition of Hickman's omegas classification

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cable has two powers, TP and TK, and unlike Jean, Quentin and Exodus, he has clear limitations on those. The stuff that Jackraow21 wrote fits well within the definition of Hickman's omegas classification
    The best thing Kid Omega did that I remember was him carrying a bunch of cars with his TK in West Coast Avenger. Cable during his Savior phase was stopping natural disasters, wars, crimes, accidents world wide while levitating a city and probing the minds of everyone on Earth. Nate did things like stopping earthquakes, scanning the entire world, was able to shut down Magneto's power and much more (not counting age of x man because of Lifeseed)

Even while Kid Omega was on Kick which enhanced his powers 5 times he didnt do anything rivaling things done by Cable/Nate. He was also shredded by an amped 5 in 1 so there is a limit. The supposed Omega mutants have shown limits Magneto can't move Orchis into the sun. Storm can't control the weather on another planet the other side of the galaxy or maybe another universe. Iceman can't freeze the whole universe. They all have upper limits

But, putting aside my doubts regarding the definition of an omega mutant.

Cable was already stated to have infinite TK potential. Rachel and Sinister already said that Cable not inhibited by the virus is the most powerful psionic alive

unlimited.jpg

Rachel said that a 12 year old Cable is already Telepathically more powerful than her or any other telepaths combined and has enough power to extinguish a star with barely an effort.

12years.jpg

I dont really like the new way of classifying omega level mutants. If the current definition of Omega is have no limits then no mutants should be omega, or maybe just retcon everything which I guess is what theyre doing, doing a soft retcon.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 05-24-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    The best thing Kid Omega did that I remember was him carrying a bunch of cars with his TK in West Coast Avenger. Cable during his Savior phase was stopping natural disasters, wars, crimes, accidents world wide while levitating a city and probing the minds of everyone on Earth. Nate did things like stopping earthquakes, scanning the entire world, was able to shut down Magneto's power and much more (not counting age of x man because of Lifeseed)

Even while Kid Omega was on Kick which enhanced his powers 5 times he didnt do anything rivaling things done by Cable/Nate. He was also shredded by an amped 5 in 1 so there is a limit. The supposed Omega mutants have shown limits Magneto can't move Orchis into the sun. Storm can't control the weather on another planet the other side of the galaxy or maybe another universe. Iceman can't freeze the whole universe. They all have upper limits

But, putting aside my doubts regarding the definition of an omega mutant.

Cable was already stated to have infinite TK potential. Rachel and Sinister already said that Cable not inhibited by the virus is the most powerful psionic alive

unlimited.jpg

Rachel said that a 12 year old Cable is already Telepathically more powerful than her or any other telepaths combined and has enough power to extinguish a star with barely an effort.

12years.jpg

I dont really like the new way of classifying omega level mutants. If the current definition of Omega is have no limits then no mutants should be omega.
    Quentin is a character that rarely pushes himself. Even if the most hes ever done is carry a bunch of cars, the fact is we know that that he has the potential to do much more if he wanted to. Cable has pushed himself to his limits and its nearly killed him. Nate too. They dont have an unlimited power source and their powers run the risk of killing themselves. Thats a long established fact. Besides Q is an omega for TP, not TK. Cable would be competing with Exodus for the TK classification. Jean being omega for TP makes sense. I dont think there's been anything shown from Cable that trumps her. Quite frankly, he isnt known for his TP feats. Its a power that always seems secondary

As for that comment from Sinister and Rachel from the Cable and DP series, well Jean was dead and Quentin was "dead"/inactive at the time

BANNED

Here is why I don't really like the new classification. Its all based on speculations and assumption instead of established powers and limits for these characters, when they were made Omega somehow all the limitations they have faced in the past are somehow them holding back. Magneto got killed? clearly holding back. And Quentin did push himself, he even amped his powers by 5 times yet still got defeated. Saying that he didnt push himself there doesnt make sense.

Also, Cable was stated to have infinite telekinetic potential, Jean Quentin or Exodus being alive doesnt change that, his powers are not dependent on Jean or Quentin being a live so I dont know why even mention that.

That comment from Rachel was from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. Jean was alive, she was raising and training Cable at the time, in fact Jean even called Cable an Omega and said that he's special and much more powerful than other mutants. So its not only Rachel that said this but even Jean and Cylops (and Sinister and Apocalypse)

Yeah, more focus has been given on Cable's TK but thats doesnt mean his TP is lacking.
    Remember that he connected his mind to everyone on earth and was reading the minds and feelings of everyone constantly. Cable was not just created to be a powerful Telekinetic, he was created to be a savior. He even told Cyclops that he can "nudge" the mind of everyone on earth if he wants to

clay.jpg

Cable enveloped the world with his telepathy and even though he wasn't probing particularly for the X-men Emma still had a hard time shielding their thoughts from him even though she was using Cerebro
    wavelengths.jpg

Another thing. Cable still has the TO virus during the providence arc. He wasnt able to remove it, it was just in remission.

kebel.jpg
    Last edited by MkDiz; 05-24-2022 at 11:38 PM.

He was pushed to Beyond Omega when he absorbed the powers of Sway, Darwin and Petra. When they separated he lost that status. It was noted aa few times in the arc unless they went back and changed the wording of the original issues

The collective took the energy and it went to Michael Pointer

Loved this issue. I am just getting back into X Men after 10 years away. Hickman pulled me back in. I love what they are doing now.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved this issue. I am just getting back into X Men after 10 years away. Hickman pulled me back in. I love what they are doing now.
    Awesome, welcome back! Hope you survive yadda yadda.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah…and Exodus deserves an ASTERISK as well since he was tweaked in some manner by Apocalypse. I remember when AOA Holocaust first crossed over to the 616 and fought Exodus, and Holocaust says something in frustration like “you’ve never been this powerful before”
    I actually thought about this and weirdly Exodus and Apoc were last seen together in Excalibur in the same space (Exodus just happened to be in Apoc's private library or something like that without acknowledging any of their history.) So I think maybe this history with Apoc as well as his previous match ups with Holocaust can be attributed to some of Moira's lives ,but not this one?