Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No No no don't get it twisted Wanda did her little thing but don't confuse that with all of sudden mutants as a whole are buddy buddy with her. Like some when it doubt call Wanda stuff nope

Magik is strong but she isn't on the level of most top tier sorceress in the MU like Doom, Loki, Doc Strange, heck even Wanda etc

Pixie.......come on now
    Wanda would be awesome on the Quiet Council. Replace Colossus with her.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't get over how suddenly magic is huge security risk and blindspot. They literally have the Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo on your island! You are on speaking terms with Wanda, one of the most powerful magic users in the universe! Hell, PIXIE is consistently shown to be a great magic user! Why do they have to rely on Selene in the first place? She was already on the board of X-corp, even if no one read that dreck. Plus, given how hilariously bad their security has been in basically every book, its just funny how THIS is the big thing they need to watch out for. Not Moira skinning a dude and waltzing in. Not Nature Girl making gates whenever she wants and livestreaming mass murder and terrorism in their name. Not the matroyshka assassins. Not the knockoff Golden Girls who can control the island itself. Nope, MAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC!
    Huh? Magic was always a huge blindspot? That's why X-Swords was such a huge deal, magic literally made their whole ressurection protocols ineffectual. Magik has no interest on being on the QC( not to mention she's not ruler of Limbo anymore), and LMAO at PIXIE being considered the premier knowledge of the arcane over Apocalypse and Selene.

Fact of the matter is Selene is one of the oldest mutants on the planet currently and she's a master of the arcane who's had thousands of years to hone her craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What's the big deal? Dumb Hope left an intact body behind for Clan Akkaba to ressurect. When it comes to returning from death, Jean Grey simps for Selene.
    Selene just swanning around London with a massive hole through her head.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't get over how suddenly magic is huge security risk and blindspot. They literally have the Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo on your island! You are on speaking terms with Wanda, one of the most powerful magic users in the universe! Hell, PIXIE is consistently shown to be a great magic user! Why do they have to rely on Selene in the first place? She was already on the board of X-corp, even if no one read that dreck. Plus, given how hilariously bad their security has been in basically every book, its just funny how THIS is the big thing they need to watch out for. Not Moira skinning a dude and waltzing in. Not Nature Girl making gates whenever she wants and livestreaming mass murder and terrorism in their name. Not the matroyshka assassins. Not the knockoff Golden Girls who can control the island itself. Nope, MAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC!
    It isn't. That was just Selene's sales pitch and if the Council thought magic was that bad, they would've voted for her instead of Hope.

The mutants can overcome any magical threat if they actually use their brains.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They could bring Lifeforce from the Dark Riders back. She was always pretty kewl.
    I always loved her design. Who doesn't love a long high ponytail?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Bring on the Cult of Exodus baby I'm ready for it. Been waiting for Exodus to step up and be the clear zealot leader he was always meant to be. Fanatic mutant leader
    This!

What's the big deal? Dumb Hope left an intact body behind for Clan Akkaba to ressurect. When it comes to returning from death, Jean Grey simps for Selene.
    Ahhh, interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Speaking of, wouldn't Selene's resurrection cause Cerebro system crash with all processing going to 90% of data storage in one sector? Woman has zetabytes of data and that is only her but if you include Necrosha soul gluttony ..well

In this purely for the Sinister entertainment value and am not emotionally invested in other characters (yet), so I was lukewarm on the issue. Hoping the writer does some Zeb Wells Hellions style magic to being these characters to life for me. I’ll try to trust, bc I thought Sinister was just kind of a dark presence thru the 90s, and Gillen elevated him to something…refreshing? I don’t look forward to POV issues from Shaw, tho, because he’s straight trash. Not even remotely funny. Hopefully something funny happens to him.

questionable stuff:
    I found Sinister’s character beat to be …off. Maybe bc I’ve not seen him get so physical. He’s more of a stand in the corner and scheme kinda guy.

Selene is a psycho and killing her the first time was necessary. The second time, with a kneeling mind-controlled naked woman getting her neck snapped…well, that made me feel really grossed out on the inside. Just…not good optics.

Story construction-wise, I think it all works, if a bit anti-climatic: they needed a reason for the gates/reality to get screwed up to move us into the Choose Your Own Destiny situation, and Selene drew the short-straw to get the ball rolling. She couldn’t serve the council not just bc she’s a psycho, but because they have their quota of catty trash-talking women and one more would just turn the series into The Real Housewives of Krakoa County. The term Magic Bullet describes a way to simply and easily cure all problems, (or resolve plot points), so haha, ‘anti-magic bullet.’ I see what you did there.

Stuff that keeps it from being too conveniently resolved: Selene’s going to the Coven. Unethical behavior on Hope/Exodus’ part (unless that neck snapping business was supposed to be heroic, which if so, I go back to feeling gross inside). Sinister justifying his weirdo chimera experiments to (try to) save the day (Lookit me! Using my powers for good! Pay no attention to how it might likely all go wrong!).

Things I loved seeing: Kurt’s coat. Sinister’s cat. Selene’s evil smile.

Incredible Member

Pretty funny how this week, Hope has a strong showing (all while acknowledging how awesome Cable is), while over in X-Men Red Cable has his lunch money stolen by everyone.

Prior to this issue, I hadn't realized that a Sinister/Kurt buddy cop comedy is what we need more of.

Cyclops having a protocol for Kaijus is hilarious, as is the reprimand about not being able recognize a Sentinel.

The other datasheet that showed the conversation of the QC was amusing, but made me realize that this was something that could also have been drawn in a normal way.
    The same lines of the chat could have been displayed in speech bubbles in various panels. I wonder how much time it saves the artist not having to draw full characters and scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Pretty funny how this week, Hope has a strong showing (all while acknowledging how awesome Cable is), while over in X-Men Red Cable has his lunch money stolen by everyone.

Prior to this issue, I hadn't realized that a Sinister/Kurt buddy cop comedy is what we need more of.

Cyclops having a protocol for Kaijus is hilarious, as is the reprimand about not being able recognize a Sentinel.

The other datasheet that showed the conversation of the QC was amusing, but made me realize that this was something that could also have been drawn in a normal way.
    The same lines of the chat could have been displayed in speech bubbles in various panels. I wonder how much time it saves the artist not having to draw full characters and scenes.
    Cable had a great showing. We found out his techno virus is actually balancing his tk and without it he was able to oneshot a progenitor, * see al wing Royals* for more on them. They are who the Inhumans ended up coming in contact with when medusa was dying and they are VERY powerful beings so he was definitely no slouch there. Even magneto needed a diversion to buy time in order to dismantle one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah, I didn’t think Cable had a poor showing at all. He took out a godlike being after his techno-organic viral load was essentially consumed by said being, as his TK now rages out of control without the virus to keep it in check. So he turned his raw power on that MFer, unleashed it and “one-shotted” him as jwatson said. Which was awesome. Then another one of these Progenitors obliterated him, sure. But it’s not like mutant characters aren’t dying right and left in the comics these days (how many times have the members of X-Force died on missions now?). With the Resurrection Protocols in place, the mutants can be a bit more reckless I suppose.

Having said that, I find this new revelation about Cable’s body being in a state of symbiosis with the T-O virus (i.e., needing the virus to contain his powers as much as he needs his powers to contain the virus) to be a highly interesting development for a number of reasons…

1) It has already been established that Cable, X-man and Stryfe are not Omega level mutants (i.e., with no upper limit to their powers), rather just really powerful Alpha level mutants.

2) It has also been shown that their bodies and minds deteriorate over time due to the immensity of their power levels, and the more they use their powers to their full extent the faster they degrade… almost like their bodies just cannot contain the amount of raw power coursing through them, perhaps because they were genetically engineered by Sinister precisely to be so powerful and to act as weapons against Apocalypse. In other words, he wasn’t striving for perfection here, rather just combining genetics that would create a being with immense raw power. This has been shown many times in the comics, including one time in the Cable/Deadpool series where Nathan had Wade literally lobotomize him to keep his powers from burning out his mortal husk.

3) With the revelations in X of Swords regarding Apocalypse and the motivation for his “survival of the fittest” dogma causing us to question his relationship with the Summers family over the years (or even over the eons in the case of En Sabah Nur’s relationship with Nathan Summers), essentially implying that he was hardening them to face what he knew was eventually coming… combined now with this revelation that Cable actually needs the T-O virus to keep his powers in check as much as he needs his powers to keep the virus in check… this now throws everything into question, including why he infected baby Nathan in the first place! Emma Frost says something in the final issues of the Kid Cable series about how Apocalypse may have created Stryfe as a whetstone to sharpen Cable against… or something like that. Could he have also infected him not to kill him or even test him as an infant, but rather because he knew it was the key to preserving his life so that he could become the time-displaced warrior he eventually became? After all, Cable did play a key role in X of Swords in terms of helping to turn the tide against Annihilation and the hordes of Amenth.

Food for thought, but I find it fascinating.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-19-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t think Cable had a poor showing at all. He took out a godlike being after his techno-organic viral load was essentially consumed by said being, as his TK now rages out of control without the virus to keep it in check. So he turned his raw power on that MFer, unleashed it and “one-shotted” him as jwatson said. Which was awesome. Then another one of these Progenitors obliterated him, sure. But it’s not like mutant characters aren’t dying right and left in the comics these days (how many times have the members of X-Force died on missions now?). With the Resurrection Protocols in place, the mutants can be a bit more reckless I suppose.

Having said that, I find this new revelation about Cable’s body being in a state of symbiosis with the T-O virus (i.e., needing the virus to contain his powers as much as he needs his powers to contain the virus) to be a highly interesting development for a number of reasons…

1) It has already been established that Cable, X-man and Stryfe are not Omega level mutants (i.e., with no upper limit to their powers), rather just really powerful Alpha level mutants.

2) It has also been shown that their bodies and minds deteriorate over time due to the immensity of their power levels, and the more they use their powers to their full extent the faster they degrade… almost like their bodies just cannot contain the amount of raw power coursing through them, perhaps because they were genetically engineered by Sinister precisely to be so powerful and to act as weapons against Apocalypse. In other words, he wasn’t striving for perfection here, rather just combining genetics that would create a being with immense raw power. This has been shown many times in the comics, including one time in the Cable/Deadpool series where Nathan had Wade literally lobotomize him to keep his powers from burning out his mortal husk.

3) With the revelations in X of Swords regarding Apocalypse and the motivation for his “survival of the fittest” dogma causing us to question his relationship with the Summers family over the years (or even over the eons in the case of En Sabah Nur’s relationship with Nathan Summers), essentially implying that he was hardening them to face what he knew was eventually coming… combined now with this revelation that Cable actually needs the T-O virus to keep his powers in check as much as he needs his powers to keep the virus in check… this now throws everything into question, including why he infected baby Nathan in the first place! Emma Frost says something in the final issues of the Kid Cable series about how Apocalypse may have created Stryfe as a whetstone to sharpen Cable against… or something like that. Could he have also infected him not to kill him or even test him as an infant, but rather because he knew it was the key to preserving his life so that he could become the time-displaced warrior he eventually became? After all, Cable did play a key role in X of Swords in terms of helping to turn the tide against Annihilation and the hordes of Amenth.

Food for thought, but I find it fascinating.
    Didn't doug also infect krakoa with the TO virus. Perhaps what is happening to cable is similar to whatever is happening with krakoa/to which also seems to be a bit of a symbiotic relationship now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

See i didn't know how to take the cyclops line. A lot of Gillien stuff points to Utopia and A vs. X characterizations he had of the characters like hope being the militant messiah, colossus having a problem with illyana, Sinister all around behavior, Emma's voice, so i felt it could have been a post A vs. X dig but didn't bring it up because i'm still not sure how to read it. lol. it felt like a dig though but it could not be.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Didn't doug also infect krakoa with the TO virus. Perhaps what is happening to cable is similar to whatever is happening with krakoa/to which also seems to be a bit of a symbiotic relationship now.
    Yeah. There’s something going on with the T-O virus. For sure. I mean, Doug infected the island with it, albeit a different strand of it. Remember that Cable’s T-O virus was derived from the Transmode virus but weaponized by Apocalypse somehow. So it’s a little different. Or at least it was. I have a theory on why his virus/arm looks different now. I think the cosmic radiation he absorbed as the Peak space station fell to Earth in the final issues of SWORD, when he used his TK to steer it through the portal that Manifold created, further mutated his particular strain of the virus. Perhaps taking it back to being closer to its “source code” if you will. We’ll see if I’m right about that, but it’s definitely different now. At least in terms of appearance. And there’s been no explanation for that change. Yet.

Also, Cable insisted he be brought back with his T-O virus intact to The Five who resurrected him. He said it was because “he had it under control but needed to continue to study it.” Why? What does he know?

And, finally, why did Brand go through all of that exercise with the Progentiors just to get a sample of Cable’s current viral load to study? Why go to that extreme for this?

There’s definitely something brewing here that’s bigger than we’re seeing… I’m sure all will be revealed by Ewing in due time.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The mutants can overcome any magical threat if they actually use their brains.
    Well that was not the case in ToM or here. How many more cases to we need?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Wait, I thought the TO/TK symbiosis was already established canon? I've been operating under that assumption for years now. Don't tell me I've just been making stuff up this whole time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.