Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And honestly the only reason Mystique was saved from the same treatment was due to her prominence in the Fox films.
    Who said it isn't on the cards now? I still don't trust her in the comics. Remember Destiny doesn't want to tell her what she told Sinister..there must be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I was blaming QC's ineptitude ,until IXM#1 Sinister is probably still at the table because of his CTRL- ALT- DELETE shenanigans
    I think that falls under how flawed the system is to begin with. A good chunk of the Council have their own agenda they are working towards. The only actual genuine governors of that Council are Kitty, Kurt, and Ororo. Maybe Emma too if you want to argue that she will use her craftiness to keep an on the corruption of the council, though some would see that manipulation as an agenda to keep herself in power rather than for the benefit of Krakoa.

Either way, as it stands, Sinister being on the council was never a smart choice to begin with, but I do see the dilemma that they were faced logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Did you read the Duane Swiercynski Cable run that went for 25 issues? She was very much a real character and not a plot device at all for that 2+ years. And I think she's been fleshed out well by other writers too along the way, so maybe it's just that your knowledge of her and exposure to her is limited. Just a thought. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.
    I have read a bit of that run, yes. That said, when she is used in story-lines she is very much poised as plot-device so that colors her character history.

I don't think you can pin all the dislike on just being a relatively new character, lots of the Academy X kids are in a similar boat but usually aren't as disliked.

Though at least she doesn't have it as bad as QQ.

Hope is irrelevant and redundant when Jean is alive and kicking.
    I don't even understand this statement. If anything she's more like Rogue or Synch in terms of her powers. Or more like X-23 in terms being a highly trained teenage soldier. Aside from her aesthetic, and I suppose being raised by Jean's son, she and Jean Grey don't have much in common.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    NGL, I might like her a tiny bit more if she wasn't yet another redhead involved with the phoenix. Her design definitely doesn't help.
    Ikr? Design could have been less obvious, get her blue hair or something..

That's not cool. I like Hope. And Jean does, too.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member

Why? Their powers are completely different, Hope is necessary for the resurrection protocols, and she has training as a soldier that Jean doesn't have.

Jean giving Hope attention when Rachel is right there. T.T
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-18-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Incredible Member

I just think the idea of the Mutant Messiah and the Religious Fanatic teaming up has a lot of potential. Hope has evolved from being a plot device a long time ago, I really liked her when she was the leader of the MLF, she get things done and is not whiny.

Also I am not a fan of Cable but his relationship with Hope is his biggest redeeming quality for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Ikr? Design could have been less obvious, get her blue hair or something..
    I could actually see her doing that. Ha. Basically saying something like, "There's too many damn redheaded mutants running around here... Jean, Rachel, Madelyne... f@#$ it, I'm dying my hair blue."
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i think i would be bias if i was expecting hope to be the hope she was almost a decade a go. I am basing this on Hope as she has been presented through the entirety of this story. The hope who in new mutants made a case for madelyne to be resurrected because everyone deserved a chance. Now i can see if there were some issues and we saw Hope arrive at this choice of being the "true hope" and all that, that would be a story, i stand by this feeling like a forced plot and also seeing it from the side of what Selene has done in the era to krakoa and for krakoa the same as i'm looking at hope and sinister and xavier and the reactions in this continuation of the story. It all literally happened in one issue. Selene turn, hope turn, sinister turn, and the fact that it just is what it is. Well it is what it is. lol But it's what literally happened. You can't say take other characters opinions in to view when the story didn't provide those, this was not dragged out, we did not get into the heads of selene those had "suffering", there was no deeper moment or motivation here.

In two issues it was literally. This is how i see Sinister, This is how i see hope, this is how i see the council but none of it has been earned. We just skipping through plot points at this point.
    It's almost like characterization isn't Hickman's strong suit and a lot of X-characters had their characterization to have HOX/POX work, and when writers tried to mesh that with their actual characterizations Pre-Hickman, there's a disconnect. Funny that.

Also there's a difference between rezzing Maddy under Krakoan amensty and punishing Selene for throwing a hissy fit and throwing an undead kaiju at the island. One of them Maddy hasn't done anything against the amnesty yet, the other Selene is attacking Krakoa for not winning an election. Huh. Wonder if that parallel was intentional or not

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21
    For this reason I wish they made her blonde. It's the Jean fans who are tired of the knock-offs that hate her most of all, but Hope is really not much like Jean at all.
    I think once they decided she wasn't going to be Jean, they should've tried all they could to sever that connection. Have the Phoenix hate or ignore her, completely change up her hair, make her eyes consistently be blue, any and everything.

But they haven't and it's hurt Hope's character IMO.

LMAO I didn't mean power wise. I meant in the 'Redhead destined for greatness/godhood/messiahdom, got her moment and is now living in the aftermath of it' way.

Hope was created as a throwback and stand-in for Jean during Jean's absence. It's no coincidence she fell into obscurity when Teen Jean arrived on the scene.

Astonishing Member

LMAO I didn't mean power wise. I meant in the 'Redhead destined for greatness/godhood/messiahdom, got her moment and is now living in the aftermath of it' way.

Hope was created as a throwback and stand-in for Jean during Jean's absence. It's no coincidence she fell into obscurity when Teen Jean arrived on the scene.
    They have worked at making her different, until HOX POX. But honestly even at her worst there were enough differences for it to work for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I think that falls under how flawed the system is to begin with. A good chunk of the Council have their own agenda they are working towards. The only actual genuine governors of that Council are Kitty, Kurt, and Ororo. Maybe Emma too if you want to argue that she will use her craftiness to keep an on the corruption of the council, though some would see that manipulation as an agenda to keep herself in power rather than for the benefit of Krakoa.

Either way, as it stands, Sinister being on the council was never a smart choice to begin with, but I do see the dilemma that they were faced logically.
    Emma is not the council member I trust after she sold Destiny a seat for a trinket and helped turn Moira into a menace.I guess it was ordained by the powers that be.. as for Sinister,I blame Xavier for not heeding Moira's caution or disapproval.Like is Xavier that dumb not to trust Nemesis or Beast with the bio-data? Surely there could have been a more desperate way to bring Sinister on board under extreme duress but later if he is that needed.Having Sinister hanging a 'debt' over Xavier makes for better in story intrigue and optics than just offering this traitor a job.

The only guy I trust on the council is ironically the one everyone calls nuts.He is in it for Krakoa(at least until proven otherwise)