Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I didn't realize Selene was so popular around these parts lol. I thought this issue was a pretty big drop off from issue one. First I'll go over the bad from the issue. I'll start with the mysterium bullet, what a handwave resolution. I'm guessing Gillen really enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine because that was about the same as the adamantium bullet from that film. I know Gillen has written Hope a lot but this was felt like straight hero worship on the page (don't @ me with Percy and Logan). I'm guessing the point is to remind us of how important she is to not only the 5, but Krakoa in general because most likely she is going to get taken out immediately in Judgement Day. I get the build up but I don't have to like it.

Now on to the good stuff. I will say I am really digging the development of Exodus so that was a huge positive for me, I also really enjoyed that they brought back Selene, hit the off button and then 86'd her immediately. Finally Gillen should have immediate and unilateral access to write Sinister whenever and where ever, seriously its just the best. I know I'm a broken record here but the art in this book was just amazing. We X-Fan's are the luckiest group right now when it comes to art in the books.
    Well Gillen did say he is doing the biggest character work on Exodus and it is showing.I'm not certain about the angle of him realising certain things about himself only now, but then we've never been this up close to him so in a way it works especially because the mutant golden age was never a reality before or at least not to the extent Krakoa fits the term.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm not certain about the angle of him realising certain things about himself only now, but then we've never been this up close to him so in a way it works especially because the mutant golden age was never a reality before or at least not to the extent Krakoa fits the term.
    Exodus is totally a believer of stuff that's told to him, not so much a deep independent thinker, so it does not surprise me at all that he'd have zero clue as to the nature of his own powers... He just takes it all on faith and never really questions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exodus is totally a believer of stuff that's told to him, not so much a deep independent thinker, so it does not surprise me at all that he'd have zero clue as to the nature of his own powers... He just takes it all on faith and never really questions.
    I can see your point but that takes me back the issue when he mentally forced Genoshan mutants and humans to live in harmony but while in the guise of Magneto, like we don't get details of why he chose to walk around as Magneto but I assume such stories underscore that he knew faith in whatever guise he was wearing would fuel his power perhaps? Anyway just speculating, maybe he really never knew the mechanics of his own powers

I just got around to reading this issue...

"Respect this sacred land"....you sic a Kaiju on Krakoa, well...you get what's coming. And now that I think of it, Exodus came up with that one, so fitting that he breaks her neck for breaking his law

I loved this issue. I feel the council handled Selene exactly right. I love that they brought her back and killed her again. It's well deserved. she was a child throwing a tantrum

Astonishing Member

So Selene has been "benched" by Gillen probably until the first arc of this is complete. At least I hope so lol it would be a shame if the oldest mutant on the planet was largely absent from a title called "immortal X-Men " lmao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I just got around to reading this issue...

"Respect this sacred land"....you sic a Kaiju on Krakoa, well...you get what's coming. And now that I think of it, Exodus came up with that one, so fitting that he breaks her neck for breaking his law
    I actually forgot about that connection ,yep no surprise there. .Anyone messing with the sacred land,their life is forfeit according to the book of Exodus

I actually forgot about that connection ,yep no surprise there. .Anyone messing with the sacred land,their life is forfeit according to the book of Exodus
    And yet the boy in sabertooth who hurt the land and made krakoa drain life from several mutants to heal itself is in the Pitt and not dead according to the book of Exodus. I guess like the real book it's being interpreted to be harsher on the women.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And yet the boy in sabertooth who hurt the land and made krakoa drain life from several mutants to heal itself is in the Pitt and not dead according to the book of Exodus. I guess like the real book it's being interpreted to be harsher on the women.
    No one is claiming Sabertooth is in the bowels of Krakoa because he is a dude, he is there because he was the first brought to book by the law. In any case maybe Selene with her ancient magic cannot be held by Krakoa like he and others there are.No one would begrudge her keeping him company down there ,so there must be a reason for putting her on hiatus another way

No one is claiming Sabertooth is in the bowels of Krakoa because he is a dude, he is there because he was the first brought to book by the law. In any case maybe Selene with her ancient magic cannot be held by Krakoa like he and others there are.No one would begrudge her keeping him company down there ,so there must be a reason for putting her on hiatus another way
    I never mentioned sabretooth just his book. It was said Exodus snapped selene neck because she violated the law of not hurting the sacred land but there is a character in sabretooth right now in the pit for doing just that or rather on his first attempt to find the council he damaged the sacred land. So why didn't exodus snap his neck or why wasn't selene sent to the pitt like everyone else? So if a man creates the same crime as a woman or breaks the same law and she get's a harder punishment such as death then the story itself is what is showing a male was treated differently from a female. And this crop between percy and now gillien love to snap female necks. And it's always such a hands on scene too. MAybe editorial likes neck snaps? And it's usually done when said female is in a vunerable state. Colossus comes to mind.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 04:44 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I never mentioned sabretooth just his book. It was said Exodus snapped selene neck because she violated the law of not hurting the sacred land but there is a character is sabretooth right now in the pit for doing just that or rather on his first attempt to find the council he damaged the sacred land. So why didn't exodus snap his neck or why wasn't selene sent to the pitt like everyone else? So if a man creates the same crime as a woman or breaks the same law and she get's a harder punishment such as death then the story itself is what is showing a male was treated differently from a female. And this crop between percy and now gillien love to snap female necks. And it's always such a hands on scene too. MAybe editorial likes neck snaps?
    I don't think you read through my reply because I state the possibility why Selene was not accorded his fate.As for why Sabretooth's neck wasn't snapped 1.Obviously that won't kill him(as it shouldn't Selene btw) I'm certain at a glance it looks different but they are both immortals and so they are both through some extraordinary measures being kept in some induced stasis that they can't break out of Sabertooth in Krakoa, Selene another way(likely magical)

2.Sabretooth was being made an example of by a neutral party .Krakoa itself, for it would hold him in its custody which is fair when you want to set ground rules of an egalitarian ideal,not mutants wielding power over others as judge ,jury and executioners.I am not kidding myself the QC are not democratically elected themselves but they make utilitarian calls. The scenario of Selene only has the appearance of extra-judicial killing when in fact it may have been a unanimous vote agreed on off panel. If it was a close vote you can't claim sexism if the council is equally split 6 men 6 women, a majority vote against Selene involves one woman abstaining if it's the absurd scenario where all the guys want her on ice. (Since I suppose Sabretooth's option wasn't tabled,then Krakoa and ergo Doug didn't cast s deciding vote,but if he did then he speaks for Krakoa never himself)

I don't think you read through my reply because I state the possibility why Selene was not accorded his fate.As for why Sabretooth's neck wasn't snapped 1.Obviously that won't kill him(as it shouldn't Selene btw) I'm certain at a glance it looks different but they are both immortals and so they are both through some extraordinary measures being kept in some induced stasis that they can't break out of Sabertooth in Krakoa, Selene another way(likely magical)

2.Sabretooth was being made an example of by a neutral party .Krakoa itself, for it would hold him in its custody which is fair when you want to set ground rules of an egalitarian ideal,not mutants wielding power over others as judge ,jury and executioners.I am not kidding myself the QC are not democratically elected themselves but they make utilitarian calls. The scenario of Selene only has the appearance of extra-judicial killing when in fact it may have been a unanimous vote agreed on off panel. If it was a close vote you can't claim sexism if the council is equally split 6 men 6 women, a majority vote against Selene involves one woman abstaining if it's the absurd scenario where all the guys want her on ice. (Since I suppose Sabretooth's option wasn't tabled,then Krakoa and ergo Doug didn't cast s deciding vote,but if he did then he speaks for Krakoa never himself)
    I don't think your reading my post. I'm not talking about Sabretooth so i'm not getting what your saying about his neck not being snapped. He did not hurt krakoa his incident was done on the main land. Perhaps your not reading sabretooth so don't know what im referring which is understandable but those who did would. The issue came out not long before this so maybe Gillien just isn't keeping up with what is or has been done during the krakoa era.

wheresexodus.jpg

Also xavier gives him the sweet talk like sinister unlike what Selene got.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 05:16 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I never mentioned sabretooth just his book. It was said Exodus snapped selene neck because she violated the law of not hurting the sacred land but there is a character in sabretooth right now in the pit for doing just that or rather on his first attempt to find the council he damaged the sacred land. So why didn't exodus snap his neck or why wasn't selene sent to the pitt like everyone else? So if a man creates the same crime as a woman or breaks the same law and she get's a harder punishment such as death then the story itself is what is showing a male was treated differently from a female. And this crop between percy and now gillien love to snap female necks. And it's always such a hands on scene too. MAybe editorial likes neck snaps? And it's usually done when said female is in a vunerable state. Colossus comes to mind.
    You really comparing:

1) Melting a few rocks which led to Krakoa over-eating by accident to...

2) Summoning a monster which threatened Krakoa, the life of every mutant living on it and every Krakoan gate in the Sol System and then running off to join the flat-scans.

Same crime my butt. C'mon.

And while we're equating "crimes", they threw two female mutants in the Pit for killing flatscans when Selene got away with it because the Earl Grey made her do it.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 05-23-2022 at 05:13 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You really comparing:

1) Melting a few rocks which led to Krakoa over-eating by accident to...

2) Summoning a monster which threatened Krakoa, the life of every mutant living on it and every Krakoan gate in the Sol System and then running off to join the flat-scans.

Same crime my butt. C'mon.

And while we're equating "crimes", they threw two female mutants in the Pit for killing flatscans when Selene got away with it because the Earl Grey made her do it.
    Sacred land is sacred land. The crime was not killing mutants because there is no crime against that but we saw what the kid did did more damage to krakoa than what was presented in immortal. Right now it seems people are assuming the sacred land is the excuse for Selene being dealt with how she was so if that's the argument being made it needs to stand up. If a mutant cut down a tree with a sword that is still violating the sacred land so if that equals the arm of exodus or rather his hands on the neck it needs to be fair.

And here i thought selene got away with it because it wasn't an x-book and was in captain america written by coates. hmmm. so now we do want books to have consequences for other books not in the line.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I don't think your reading my post. I'm not talking about Sabretooth so i'm not getting what your saying about his neck not being snapped. He did not hurt krakoa his incident was done on the main land. Perhaps your not reading sabretooth so don't know what im referring which is understandable but those who did would. The issue came out not long before this so maybe Gillien just isn't keeping up with what is or has been done during the krakoa era.

wheresexodus.jpg

Also xavier gives him the sweet talk like sinister unlike what Selene got.
    First of all I'm responding to your very words 'So why didn't exodus snap his neck or why wasn't selene sent to the pitt like everyone else?' I have made my points to answer you, clearly you didn't understand them. I do read Sabertooth actually and it's an intriguing idea but it has very little to do with Selene not being incarcerated in Krakoa (for the reasons I posit)