Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
I believe it's been suggested or hinted before, but do you have a panel where Exodus himself establishes that fact?

In my opinion, it's always better to actively make use of it as part of the story, rather than leaving that factor as only a half-forgotten piece of trivia.

In any event, for me it's clear that Exodus is still ultimately manipulating Hope more than selflessly believing in her. I wouldn't expect their "partnership" to last in the long term. Which is also why I wouldn't compare what he is doing here to his former relationship with Magneto (although that has been more tense than friendly for a long time).

It's easier to pull off a larger feat when you have two people with the same power set rather than just one. As for the Krakoa era, he hasn't been too active in battle so far.
I actually think he's not manipulating Hope, he does believe in what he says, the thing is she doesn't and either she'll buy into his hype eventually and will change or try to take on his advice and encourage the other 4 to claim more privileges and concessions from the council =disaster OR she will tell Exodus his faith is misplaced and he will for the first time in centuries believe that he always beat the drum for the wrong mutants and he is the Messiah himself= cataclysm(albeit interesting)