Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't know why people are complaining so much about Selene's portrayal here, is so much better than when she appeared in X-Corp and Captain America. The mysterium bullet might be a bit silly but I liked that they didn't drag it for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I don't know why people are complaining so much about Selene's portrayal here, is so much better than when she appeared in X-Corp and Captain America. The mysterium bullet might be a bit silly but I liked that they didn't drag it for to long.
    Because no one reads those books and/or cares about them.

sorry for the shade, i had to

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh for chrissakes, she's an unrepentant monster who drains people's souls out and got lucky that Krakoan amnesty saved her from Cap caving her face in over in his book. Honestly the fact that this is somehow character assassination when it's not even been five years since X-corps established her as Selene, hater of the concept of agriculture itself is ridiculous. I'll at least tolerate Sinister because he's amusing for me as a reader even if in-universe he should also be nowhere near a governing body.

On magic defense, put someone else in. Put Rictor. Put Wanda. Put Magik. Maddie works as well. Hell, put someone in an advisory role. Skill with magic=/= ability at governance.
    Ikr? People griping like she's Mother Teresa. It's not like she's expunged from the resurrection records. She thought a tantrum would help her cause ..well wrong idea

I'll just post what i posted in the selene thread and i'm donezo.

sinsiter has done far worse things than selene in this era alone. He killed his hellions, raided Tarn's stuff which nearly got Krakoa attacked and all of that was swept under the rug. But they hunt selene down, kill her conveniently, alter her very personality and then kill her again all just to show how far some members of the council will go, namely one willing to violate her own stance on being the head of resurrections for a plot that was created in the same book simply for this moment. Yeah... That's a plot device. Selene was just fine before this and was more of an asset (the dna sinister offered was the asset) to Krakoa then sinister this whole era even helping in X-corp. This was not a death that was earned but it is what it is i guess. I'm not going on her personality i'm going on the story and where we are and what has been happening in this very era. This is as convenient as say mutants being excess deviants that the Externals need to weed out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The high-level telepaths like Jean, Xavier, and Emma can handle the magicians. Hell, Emma has proven this herself. Also, as you intimated...

Mysterium, formed by condensing Kirbons and harvested from the White Hot Room, is antimagic, so they just need to drench themselves in it, lol.

Maddie and Selene same energy soo saad

119353435_3296245943762467_2351985113054112002_n.jpg

At least we have a consistent theme of Selene getting brought down by a convenient plot device.

In Sinister's defense, it's much harder to get rid of him. He has the DNA they need, and a bajillion clones of himself. On top of that, he now has time travel powers to keep himself ahead of the pack. If the Council was able to get rid of him, they absolutely would. As it stands, they let him get beaten up and have openly mocked him. And unlike Selene, his stunts were easily neutralized or didn't have a big impact. (Chimeras will be an issue down the line, but they're not inherently bad. In fact, they can be a major asset.)

On top of endangering Krakoans, Selene's stunt threatened to destroy their very precious Gateway system. She allied with Coven Akkaba, their enemies. It was pretty much impossible to stop her without killing her. They still plan on bringing her back.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'll just post what i posted in the selene thread and i'm donezo.

sinsiter has done far worse things than selene in this era alone. He killed his hellions, raided Tarn's stuff which nearly got Krakoa attacked and all of that was swept under the rug. But they hunt selene down, kill her conveniently, alter her very personality and then kill her again all just to show how far some members of the council will go, namely one willing to violate her own stance on being the head of resurrections for a plot that was created in the same book simply for this moment. Yeah... That's a plot device. Selene was just fine before this and was more of an asset to Krakoa then sinister this whole era even helping in X-corp. This was not a death that was earned but it is what it is i guess. I'm not going on her personality i'm going on the story and where we are and what has been happening in this very era. This is as convenient as say mutants being excess deviants that the Externals need to weed out.
    While I agree with your post wholeheartedly, my guess is Sinister is toying with the Moira clones every time they're onto him, to stave off the inevitable or re-do everything to stay in their blind spots and above suspicion. It is the ONLY way he is on the council.I don't believe Xavier and Emma don't mindscan him every day .Exodus probably feels he'll be soiled going into that depraved mind. So as much as I expect Sinister to be kicked off, it won't be for a while.

As for Selene I don't think her personality was altered just the mental tether to the monster was broken.My guess is Exodus snapped her neck coz he has personal animus ..being far older than the rest of them to know what she's capable of, or he just saw her mind teeming with infernal plans and was like.. 'Time out' .The council probably knows ,but Selene was petty ,so the council shelved her for later rather than have her spitting curses. Politics 101..We'll find out in issue #3 ideally everything should look better in hindsight
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-18-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    In Sinister's defense, it's much harder to get rid of him. He has the DNA they need, and a bajillion clones of himself. On top of that, he now has time travel powers to keep himself ahead of the pack. If the Council was able to get rid of him, they absolutely would. As it stands, they let him get beaten up and have openly mocked him. And unlike Selene, his stunts were easily neutralized or didn't have a big impact. (Chimeras will be an issue down the line, but they're not inherently bad. In fact, they can be a major asset.)

On top of endangering Krakoans, Selene's stunt threatened to destroy their very precious Gateway system. She allied with Coven Akkaba, their enemies. It was pretty much impossible to stop her without killing her. They still plan on bringing her back.
    Please see Hellions, X-men #11, and Immortal #1, X-corp, House of X, Powers of X. Sorry it just doesn't fly this about face with selene was literally created in issue one to justify this. And Xavier has most of that information. To me it came off looking like once again a woman who basically did the same thing a man did was put in her place by having her agency robbed and her neck snapped. That's just the optics for me and hope was more than happy to do it. Leave her dead, exile her to the pit but to basically admit she was too big of a threat for you to handle and to do what was done because of that was just not a good look for me and it didn't read well to me or inspirational at all and it definitely did hope and the council no favors. No one else on the council knew of this? Where was the rest of the five? The other people for resurrections? They disappeared just as conveniently as hope decided not to explain the momentum of her teleports.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-18-2022 at 11:21 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Selene played a stupid game and you know that saying about playing stupid games.

Back of the queue you go.
    Yep. Well said.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

I just wish it was anyone other than Hope, who is the character equivalent of a paper bag under a sink.

I was hoping Selene or Maddie would get put up into something important for Krakoa, especially since it’s really only the “former” villains who are making this book good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Maddie and Selene same energy soo saad

119353435_3296245943762467_2351985113054112002_n.jpg
    Except Madelyne actually has a tragic past and Selene has always been a petulant little child who has never gotten over her "Cavemen used to worship me as a goddess, let me suck out your soul" phase.

Also for chrissakes people, she got beat by the Upstarts. This is nothing new for Selene. She should count her lucky stars she's at least dead this time.

Gold right here.

I have to say, I'm enjoying that this issue has prompted such conversation. It was a controversial issue and I'm here for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

uff, this comic book went downhill quickly....great start and now that? Sorry, Mr. Gillen you have lost a reader...

well, I guess Hope is the "fetch" that finally happened?! Not really here for her but happy for her fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Gold right here.

I have to say, I'm enjoying that this issue has prompted such conversation. It was a controversial issue and I'm here for it.
    I also loved Sinister's comment after that exchange about people who want to see the good in others being easy to fool, or something like that. This was a fun issue.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”