Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Hope Summers > Rachel Summers
    Don't de-rail the thread please...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    This.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of what Sinister has been up to are things the Council still doesn’t know about. They at best know of Sinister’s plans in Hellions. They still aren’t aware of most of the crap Sinister has been doing outside of Hellions and none of what Sinister did in Hellions is expressly against the laws of Krakoa. By all accounts, Sinister has more reason to escape notice.

But I guess there is nothing more subtle than attacking an island nation.
    I was blaming QC's ineptitude ,until IXM#1 Sinister is probably still at the table because of his CTRL- ALT- DELETE shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She was not treated poorly due to her sex when Krakoans get killed and resurrected all time time.

Selene? She’s not defeated. No magical threat is ever defeated that easily.
    At least Apocalypse got taken out by an actual X-Man like Rogue. Selene got taken out like a chump, ala the daily beat-downs Shaw receives. Do you really want her on the same level of Shaw? I don't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Don't de-rail the thread please...
    I just want to know why so many people on this forum hate Hope Summers, I think she is a great character with a great history.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    “Pure Resurrections”? The hell does that mean?

While I agree that having Sinister in power is not smart on their part at all, I heavily disagree in calling Xavier a hypocrite for not putting Selene on the counsel with Sinister there.

Selene lost her vote fair and square. Sinister was given his seat prior. Xavier doesn’t know what Sinister is doing behind the scenes to accuse him of anything. He can at best be suspicious, but he can’t pin point what Sinister is doing as illegal and assume the worst without justifiable cause.

Hope Summers isn’t a morally white character. She never has been. She is lauded as a hero by the public, but that doesn’t mean she automatically upholds every high moral value.

Hope has always been a soldier and survivor first and foremost and that always meant doing whatever necessary to come out alive. That is Hope’s character, which is why your rant here sounds ridiculous.

You are throwing the word biased at this issue rather freely for having a biased perception yourself. You aren’t looking at all from the other sides perception and are only speaking of Selene’s side as if Selene was ever in the right for her actions. She wasn’t and, frankly, everything that came to her was deserved because at the end of the day, you don’t go attacking a nation as a temper tantrum.

Gillen’s Hope is the most in-character Hope has ever been in this era. Hope is not the type to fall on the sidelines on a big battle, yet she is always sidelined for her importance as a member of the Five. Hope would not have stood for that back then and she would not have left her gun at home like this issue pronounces. She is Cable’s daughter, yet you are having issue with Hope all of a sudden no longer being a passive player because Selene happens to be the antagonist.

You are welcome to your own opinions about the characters, but your analysis tells me you didn’t give this story a chance at all and shut down the second you saw that they weren’t negotiating with Selene.
    Honestly i think i would be bias if i was expecting hope to be the hope she was almost a decade a go. I am basing this on Hope as she has been presented through the entirety of this story. The hope who in new mutants made a case for madelyne to be resurrected because everyone deserved a chance. Now i can see if there were some issues and we saw Hope arrive at this choice of being the "true hope" and all that, that would be a story, i stand by this feeling like a forced plot and also seeing it from the side of what Selene has done in the era to krakoa and for krakoa the same as i'm looking at hope and sinister and xavier and the reactions in this continuation of the story. It all literally happened in one issue. Selene turn, hope turn, sinister turn, and the fact that it just is what it is. Well it is what it is. lol But it's what literally happened. You can't say take other characters opinions in to view when the story didn't provide those, this was not dragged out, we did not get into the heads of selene those had "suffering", there was no deeper moment or motivation here.

In two issues it was literally. This is how i see Sinister, This is how i see hope, this is how i see the council but none of it has been earned. We just skipping through plot points at this point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I just want to know why so many people on this forum hate Hope Summers, I think she is a great character with a great history.
    Can't speak for anyone but myself, but she's been a plot device 90% of her entire history. It's hard to root for a character like that.

and it's not just here to be fair, reddit isn't very fond of her either when they were doing the character polls

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    We know Selene is a monster but since when has Krakoa cared about that in terms of seats? There are several on the council.

We're more upset Selene was treated as a joke, she has all the potential for being a great villain but no writer beyond Claremont and the Necrosha writers have even tried. She should be a major threat, instead she gets killed off twice in one issue. And the character doing the disrespect is... not the most loved.
    She's a female X-villain not named Mystique. Of course they were going to do her dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It is kinda sad how female villains are treated in those books. Moira, Selene, Madelyne...it is time for a new Sisterhood!!!
    They said Fiiiiine, we'll resurrect Irene and give her center stage, but in return we will need to sacrifice a half dozen other female villains.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i think i would be bias if i was expecting hope to be the hope she was almost a decade a go. I am basing this on Hope as she has been presented through the entirety of this story. The hope who in new mutants made a case for madelyne to be resurrected because everyone deserved a chance. Now i can see if there were some issues and we saw Hope arrive at this choice of being the "true hope" and all that, that would be a story, i stand by this feeling like a forced plot and also seeing it from the side of what Selene has done in the era to krakoa and for krakoa the same as i'm looking at hope and sinister and xavier and the reactions in this continuation of the story. It all literally happened in one issue. Selene turn, hope turn, sinister turn, and the fact that it just is what it is. Well it is what it is. lol But it's what literally happened. You can't say take other characters opinions in to view when the story didn't provide those, this was not dragged out, we did not get into the heads of selene had suffering, there was no deeper moment or motivation here.
    She is petty and power hungry, she always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's a female X-villain not named Mystique. Of course they were going to do her dirty.
    And honestly the only reason Mystique was saved from the same treatment was due to her prominence in the Fox films.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That's honestly kinda what if feels like tbh. At least Maddy is being given some prominence ig.

Moira is so flat as a villain, in non-funny way, so I don't count her

Astonishing Member

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but she's been a plot device 90% of her entire history. It's hard to root for a character like that.

and it's not just here to be fair, reddit isn't very fond of her either when they were doing the character polls
    I always took her to be the 'baby Jean' stand in, so It's hard to see her in her own right..I try though

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I always took her to be the 'baby Jean' stand in, so It's hard to see her in her own right..I try though
    NGL, I might like her a tiny bit more if she wasn't yet another redhead involved with the phoenix. Her design definitely doesn't help.

Did you read the Duane Swiercynski Cable run that went for 25 issues? She was very much a real character and not a plot device at all for that 2+ years. And I think she's been fleshed out well by other writers too along the way, so maybe it's just that your knowledge of her and exposure to her is limited. Just a thought. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

NGL, I might like her a tiny bit more if she wasn't yet another redhead involved with the phoenix. Her design definitely doesn't help.
    For this reason I wish they made her blonde. It's the Jean fans who are tired of the knock-offs that hate her most of all, but Hope is really not much like Jean at all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Hope is irrelevant and redundant when Jean is alive and kicking.