Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Also why is everyone in the book magically missing? Doug is gone well in inferno we know he can see everwhere on krakoa including the dead spots and he had a problem with mystique trying to kill moira but he had no issue with what happened to selene. The rest of the five missing while they were in resurrections. The whole council turning their head left and pretending they didn't see anything. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    First of all I'm responding to your very words 'So why didn't exodus snap his neck or why wasn't selene sent to the pitt like everyone else?' I have made my points to answer you, clearly you didn't understand them. I do read Sabertooth actually and it's an intriguing idea but it has very little to do with Selene not being incarcerated in Krakoa (for the reasons I posit)
    well let me be clear, "him" as the guy in the scan not him as in sabretooth. ^_^ i took for granted it would be comprehensible i wasn't speaking about sabretooth as he never attacked the sacred land of krakoa and couldn't remember the other guy name, it's Cholchiss.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 05:27 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And yet the boy in sabertooth who hurt the land and made krakoa drain life from several mutants to heal itself is in the Pitt and not dead according to the book of Exodus. I guess like the real book it's being interpreted to be harsher on the women.
    ROFL it's like the double standard mentioned in the (excellent, brilliant, spectacular) Harley Quinn animated series

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ROFL it's like the double standard mentioned in the (excellent, brilliant, spectacular) Harley Quinn animated series
    I remember this. lol. i was happy she got released even though she was a villain. lol. Wanda sykes really committed to the voice over. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

well let me be clear, "him" as the guy in the scan not him as in sabretooth. ^_^ i took for granted it would be comprehensible i wasn't speaking about sabretooth as he never attacked the sacred land of krakoa and couldn't remember the other guy name, it's Cholchiss.
    your point about Doug knowing everything about Krakoa actually helps give credence that it was not just Hope and Exodus acting unilaterally , he would have made a fuss if that was the case. Which means the entire council voted on this .Assuming your scenario of all the guys ganging up on poor Selene ,we have four possible scenarios ALL with Selene on ice.

1.Off panel It was tabled that she goes to the pit ,but Krakoa objected because it cannot hold her.

2.Off panel Krakoa personally objected to her resurrection because of Selene's infamy and so they had to put her on ice another way.

3. Krakoa can indeed hold her and this is a temporary incapacitation to prevent her from.escaping(which unlike Sabertooth she can do much easier if she knows her fate is the pit) she will be shown soon in the pit together with Sabertooth and pals

4.Sinister's 'omniscience' is at "work"
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-23-2022 at 05:55 AM.

your point about Doug knowing everything about Krakoa actually helps give credence that it was not just Hope and Exodus acting unilaterally , he would have made a fuss if that was the case. Which means the entire council voted on this .Assuming your scenario of all the guys ganging up on poor Selene We have four possible scenarios ALL with Selene on ice.

1.Off panel It was tabled that she goes to the pit ,but Krakoa objected because it cannot hold her.

2.Off panel Krakoa personally objected to her resurrection because of Selene's infamy and so they had to put her on ice another way.

3. Krakoa can indeed hold her and this is a temporary incapacitation to prevent her from.escaping(which unlike Sabertooth she can do much easier if she knows her fate is the pit) she will be shown soon in the pit together with Sabertooth and pals

4.Sinister's 'omniscience' is at "work"
    Or based on issue 1 they all voted to put her on the council and off panel sinister killed a moira until hope was put there and then off panel he kept manipulating selene for her to go from being all x-corp to Kaiju by killing a moira everytime selene didn't take the path he wanted.

Either way more is happening off panel than people accused Tini Excalibur of.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 05:57 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sacred land is sacred land. The crime was not killing mutants because there is no crime against that but we saw what the kid did did more damage to krakoa than what was presented in immortal. Right now it seems people are assuming the sacred land is the excuse for Selene being dealt with how she was so if that's the argument being made it needs to stand up. If a mutant cut down a tree with a sword that is still violating the sacred land so if that equals the arm of exodus or rather his hands on the neck it needs to be fair.

And here i thought selene got away with it because it wasn't an x-book and was in captain america written by coates. hmmm. so now we do want books to have consequences for other books not in the line.
    Even by your own logic a few rocks is less damage than the island itself and every Gate in existence so Selene is still a worse position.

Selene only died because if they kept around she would've... you know... just summon the island-eating monster again with her magic telepathy.

Also Captain America is a 616 book so what happened there is canon. It shouldn't have happened in the first place but we can blame editorial for that.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even by your own logic a few rocks is less damage than the island itself and every Gate in existence so Selene is still a worse position.

Selene only died because if they kept around she would've... you know... just summon the island-eating monster again with her magic telepathy.

Also Captain America is a 616 book so what happened there is canon. It shouldn't have happened in the first place but we can blame editorial for that.
    Yet the issue made it clear that even her death would not stop the kaiju so again, what was the point of the neck snap after the first murder by hope of selene.

And yes Cap is canon in the 616 and so is everything that happened with genosha and stuff and attilian landing in the center of new york but here we are about to go down a story where the 616 is apparently upset mutants have conquered death when there was no reaction to mutants being killed by those characters.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yet the issue made it clear that even her death would not stop the kaiju so again, what was the point of the neck snap after the first murder by hope of selene.

And yes Cap is canon in the 616 and so is everything that happened with genosha and stuff and attilian landing in the center of new york but here we are about to go down a story where the 616 is apparently upset mutants have conquered death when there was no reaction to mutants being killed by those characters.
    They needed Selene's magic telepathy to stop the monster and they needed her dead so she doesn't summon another one with her magic telepathy. I thought you read the book cuz they explained it very well.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They needed Selene's magic telepathy to stop the monster and they needed her dead so she doesn't summon another one with her magic telepathy. I thought you read the book cuz they explained it very well.
    Are you sure you read the book because the scene said Exodus was using his telepathy to change selene and take away her bad side. Not using her to stop the monster with her magical telepathy. Lol. Also she summoned the monster not telepathically called it so that makes no sense. We just changing the story to fit whatever now.

Edit: Just reread and your right so definitely no excuse for the neck snap. It was to take care of the monster. Lol. Somehow that makes it even more brutal (and still she was handled in a vile way and murdered in the suppose sacred spot for rebirths while still crawling out of her egg.). Lol. But your right on that one I took it too literally and thought Exodus was looking for the "monster" inside selene. But again her point is more than proven. They can't resurrect every magic summoner and find the off button or have a convient premonition to know exactly where and when every offender is. Surprised destiny doesn't just tell them where Moira or the head of oricihis is. Lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-23-2022 at 06:21 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Or based on issue 1 they all voted to put her on the council and off panel sinister killed a moira until hope was put there and then off panel he kept manipulating selene for her to go from being all x-corp to Kaiju by killing a moira everytime selene didn't take the path he wanted.

Either way more is happening off panel than people accused Tini Excalibur of.
    Well while point 4 is possible it is a little absurd in a way.See Sinister changed his mind on the vote after already saying Hope on the council would precipitate 'disaster' .Can we really say Sinister could pass up an opportunity to gloat and in the process embarrass Exodus who puts so much stock in Hope? Which brings me to the second conundrum ,Sinister is terrified of Exodus and to admit Hope on the council means likely inspiring Exodus' fanaticism that may well be the real disaster and would hasten his own doom.Which means Sinister is unlikely to be behind this or if he is ,his plan may have failed purely because a certain miss Destiny has seen the ultimate demise of Selene at Hope's hand and no matter what Sinister does ,it's futile Then again that is going too far down the hypothetical rabbit hole, but to allay all our worries and fears.Destiny herself in the next issue will tell us what is meant to be

Exodus didn't change Selene. He just went into her head to turn off the monster. Selene's personality and self are still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Well while point 4 is possible it is a little absurd in a way.See Sinister changed his mind on the vote after already saying Hope on the council would precipitate 'disaster' .Can we really say Sinister could pass up an opportunity to gloat and in.the process embarrass Exodus who puts so much stock in Hope? Which brings me to the second conundrum ,Sinister is terrified of Exodus and to admit Hope on the council means likely inspiring Exodus' fanaticism that may well be the real disaster and would hasten his own doom.Which means Sinister is unlikely to be behind this or if he is ,his plan may have failed purely because A certain miss Destiny has seen the ultimate demise of Selene at Hope's hand and no matter what Sinister does ,it's futile Then again that is going too far down the hypothetical rabbit hole, but to allay all our worries and fears.Destiny herself in the next issue will tell us what is meant to be
    Truly a lot going on off panel and behind the scenes. Wonder if he will get the same flack Howard has been getting. Or is all of a sudden off panel storylines where we have to guess good now?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Are you sure you read the book because the scene said Exodus was using his telepathy to change selene and take away her bad side. Not using her to stop the monster with her magical telepathy. Lol. Also she summoned the monster not telepathically called it so that makes no sense. We just changing the story to fit whatever now.

Edit: Just reread and your right so definitely no excuse for the neck snap. It was to take care of the monster. Lol. Somehow that makes it even more brutal (and still she was handled in a vile way and murdered in the suppose sacred spot for rebirths while still crawling out of her egg.). Lol. But your right on that one I took it too literally and thought Exodus was looking for the "monster" inside selene. But again her point is more than proven. They can't resurrect every magic summoner and find the off button or have a convient premonition to know exactly where and when every offender is. Surprised destiny doesn't just tell them where Moira or the head of oricihis is. Lol
    Now now Exodus was not changing who Selene is, he was simply shutting off her command of the monster. He was doing something Xavier or Emma could have done but didn't have the guts to do.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-23-2022 at 09:30 AM.

In Selene's words, Gillen made a choice (of choosing his pet over her) and now these are the consequences.