Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Look at me giving your girl props, but...

Again Selenes spell didn't stop when she died. And the only reason Exodus could end it is because her guard was down when she was ressurected. Dooms got magic and psi shields. And Selene has formidable telepathy mentioned in this issue.

They are vulnerable to an attack. Psi or not.

Astonishing Member

I kind of see why Sinister is worried, Hope giving Monsieur Bennet clarity and inspiration is s dangerous thing

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This was really good. In general, I often get off-put by the forced importance of Hope which definitely happens here, but I still enjoyed it a lot, so that says something about Gillen's writing quality.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar
    Pretty meh about the whole thing. IMO Selene joining the Council or at least being around had more potential than whatever a bland character like Hope can offer.
    But also this. I've never really enjoyed Hope and Gilllen's as nice as his writing is, hasn't changed me on this opinion. Still wish we'd gotten Selene instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    I already miss Selene. Your honor, they simply hate to see a girlboss winning.
    Hope is just apparently a more badass girl boss. Loved this issue. Hope outsmarted Selene. Glad all that training paid off.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They are vulnerable to an attack. Psi or not.
    Oh, they're certainly vulnerable but not helpless.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Oh, they're certainly vulnerable but not helpless.
    The smart thing would be to have her on the council and kick Colossus out

Weren't the X-Men turned into magic demons in the Black Knight mini?

The smart thing would be to have her on the council and kick Colossus out

Weren't the X-Men turned into magic demons in the Black Knight mini?
    It seems Emma really doesn't want that...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

this is about what i expected by not how i expected it.

Hope was completely regressed in one issue and is completely different than the Hope we have seen who has been the champion of pure resurrections: girl bye.

Gillien even had Selene say why doesn't she have a place and as noted she offered more for the community with feedings alone but not only that they do still need defense but sinister who is unneeded is just splashing around his latest chimeras and his theft and abuse of the dna of other mutants and he gets a "heeeeeeey bro, are you going to create a problem more than your trying to fix." Xavier in this is a hypocrite, lame in mind, and a sexist for the way he chastised Selene when Sinister been around doing the most from day one.

The story felt force. Hope is the light of the mutant empire it's messiah, nah, Exodus Messiah's don't mind-rape those they bring back to drag them into submission.

The whole story was from her point of view well mostly so i guess this was her issue but when she talked about she chose to lead and stuff i was like "what the f#(# is she talking about. Did we literally just ignore all the story and pick up where we left off with the five lights." I mean it wasn't a badly written story but it was a badly plotted one and it definitel was heaped in bias which made the plot feel even more unnatural. The art was nice though. The magneto/storm team up was cool i am even more okay with her not getting a stand alone issue now. lol. There was no real longterm story here though this is just exploring the dark stuff the council does so it is what it was pimped to be but it's not an even tilled book at all.

Welp at least i can say i gave it a try. I'm out on this one.

thehero.jpg
    themessiah.jpg

Ladies and genetleman your council hero and your altruistic queen of resurrections. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It seems Emma really doesn't want that...
    Nope but Emma doesn't like or trust Selene thats in character but its the wrong decision imo. Sinister is there and no one likes him.

Nope but Emma doesn't like or trust Selene thats in character but its the wrong decision imo. Sinister is there and no one likes him.
    True. He's slime.

Also the most devastating thing to happen to mutantkind across the omniverse was caused by magic. It makes little sense not to have a proper minster of magic.

Selene played a stupid game and you know that saying about playing stupid games.

Back of the queue you go.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Never cared for either Hope or Exodus, but their dynamic is surprisingly engaging.

Wonder if Colossus' shooting down Nightcrawler's suggestion about adding Illyana to the council was actually him or if it was due to his being controlled by Mikhail. You can never be sure and I can see it going both ways.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was REALLY GOOD. 8/10 for me.

Although, i'm not really a Hope fan, but it was cool to see HOPE back in action again. Though I will say Selene was done dirty, but was funny AS HELL!!! The disrespect HAHA .

I also liked that Sinister got a little Hero Moment, that was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Selene played a stupid game and you know that saying about playing stupid games.

Back of the queue you go.
    That was funny. They killed her, only to bring her back then killed her again.
    Selene is the Worst, but I don't think she deserved that. LOL That was not cool.

Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-18-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    this is about what i expected by not how i expected it.

Hope was completely regressed in one issue and is completely different than the Hope we have seen who has been the champion of pure resurrections: girl bye.

Gillien even had Selene say why doesn't she have a place and as noted she offered more for the community with feedings alone but not only that they do still need defense but sinister who is unneeded is just splashing around his latest chimeras and his theft and abuse of the dna of other mutants and he gets a "heeeeeeey bro, are you going to create a problem more than your trying to fix." Xavier in this is a hypocrite, lame in mind, and a sexist for the way he chastised Selene when Sinister been around doing the most from day one.

The story felt force. Hope is the light of the mutant empire it's messiah, nah, Exodus Messiah's don't mind-rape those they bring back to drag them into submission.

The whole story was from her point of view well mostly so i guess this was her issue but when she talked about she chose to lead and stuff i was like "what the f#(# is she talking about. Did we literally just ignore all the story and pick up where we left off with the five lights." I mean it wasn't a badly written story but it was a badly plotted one and it definitel was heaped in bias which made the plot feel even more unnatural. The art was nice though. The magneto/storm team up was cool i am even more okay with her not getting a stand alone issue now. lol. There was no real longterm story here though this is just exploring the dark stuff the council does so it is what it was pimped to be but it's not an even tilled book at all.

Welp at least i can say i gave it a try. I'm out on this one.

thehero.jpg
    themessiah.jpg

Ladies and genetleman your council hero and your altruistic queen of resurrections. lol
    Agreed on all counts.

I may yet decide to do exactly this (the bolded) because as of this issue I'm really no longer invested in the premise of this book.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!