Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Selene more and more degraded and easier to kill lol, she's already been so embarrassed in her appearances than on cable and in cap america, that even people like bucky or Longshot give her problems.
    but this is the straw, there was a need to kill her twice in the same issue ????? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The high-level telepaths like Jean, Xavier, and Emma can handle the magicians. Hell, Emma has proven this herself. Also, as you intimated...

Mysterium, formed by condensing Kirbons and harvested from the White Hot Room, is antimagic, so they just need to drench themselves in it, lol.

WTF lol, wanda Say hell no XD

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If nothing else...Gillen has managed to really make me feel a certain kind of awful way with this issue, that I haven't felt in a long, long time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Considering magic in settings like the Wizarding World or Marvel is often "what ever the plot needs it to be" aka. "It's magic i don't need to explain it." it feels like Mysterium and it's anti-magic properties is basicly just the same kind of force being thrown against it.

So i'm kinda looking forward to the moment where someone developed magic to battle Mysterium effects.

The savagery with which they took Selene out, yowza. She of course wouldn't have expected them to kill her so I can believe they got the jump on her, especially with Destiny's help. I enjoyed the issue though and Hope shined. Their backs were against the wall and after several attempts to stop the monster, they didn't have much of a choice. Although, they could have maybe asked for Wanda's assistance but I guess didn't have the time. Brutal stuff.

Scott's notes made me laugh. I love him.

Very interested in what's going on with Destiny.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Umm, wasn't the only way to kill Selene via her mother's bones? What's this unimaginative anti-magic bullet crap? And neck snap? Oh veyy, does Exodus think he's Emma, Wanda or Zack Snyder's Man of Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If nothing else...Gillen has managed to really make me feel a certain kind of awful way with this issue, that I haven't felt in a long, long time.
    DoX type beat?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Selene more and more degraded and easier to kill lol, she's already been so embarrassed in her appearances than on cable and in cap america, that even people like bucky or Longshot give her problems.
    but this is the straw, there was a need to kill her twice in the same issue ????? XD
    She is with a group of sorcerers who rever her and would definitely resurrect her just to screw Krakoans.

It’s nowhere near over, if you look at Destiny screaming about time and space.

Selene sought sanctuary with Coven Akhaba for a reason.

Astonishing Member

Oh for chrissakes, she's an unrepentant monster who drains people's souls out and got lucky that Krakoan amnesty saved her from Cap caving her face in over in his book. Honestly the fact that this is somehow character assassination when it's not even been five years since X-corps established her as Selene, hater of the concept of agriculture itself is ridiculous. I'll at least tolerate Sinister because he's amusing for me as a reader even if in-universe he should also be nowhere near a governing body.

On magic defense, put someone else in. Put Rictor. Put Wanda. Put Magik. Maddie works as well. Hell, put someone in an advisory role. Skill with magic=/= ability at governance.

We know Selene is a monster but since when has Krakoa cared about that in terms of seats? There are several on the council.

We're more upset Selene was treated as a joke, she has all the potential for being a great villain but no writer beyond Claremont and the Necrosha writers have even tried. She should be a major threat, instead she gets killed off twice in one issue. And the character doing the disrespect is... not the most loved.

Extraordinary Member

Magik's role as a captain could easily be expanded to include 'adviser on magical matters' without putting her on the council. The fact that it's not already part of her duties as war captain is frankly shocking as that was one of the main reasons it was thought she was chosen to be a captain over people like Dani back during HOXPOX. It's a role that doesn't need to be filled by a council member at all.

Leave Selene alone, Gillen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Leave Selene alone, Gillen!
    Exactly. Selene is just as a much an icon as Brittney. The sacrilege.

Gillen after he reads my strongly worded twitter essay on why Selene should be treated with more respect.

Extraordinary Member

If anything, I hope this humbled Selene enough, that she’ll work with Krakoa now rather than against it. Obviously others have their own agenda like Sinister and Shaw, but they go about it secretly and not an all out attack on Krakoa like Selene did. Hopefully she’ll come back, but this time be more deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Selene sought sanctuary with Coven Akhaba for a reason.
    It'd be pretty based of that Earl Grey line comes into play, and they actually sacrifice an earl to bring it back. Selene wasn't just joking or being horngry. She was lining up a sacrifice for the ritual.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.