Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Legend of Wonder Woman Volume 2 by Renae De Liz and Ray Dillon.

- Wonder Woman animated series, preferably with no ties to the larger DC universe.
    - Clay origin restored, Daddy Zeus to the flames of the inferno
    - Historia to get the other six books
    - Artemis ongoing.
    - Some McFarlane WW figures (Perez Ares, Rebirth Cheetah, Circe, Artemis, Lynda Carter WW)
    - Sent to the deepest levels of Comic Book Oblivion: Max Lord and Jason
    - Wonder Woman 3 with Circe and to be good
    - Legend of Wonder Woman 2
    - Some more WW'77 comics
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-26-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

1. Wonder Woman HBO live action series
    2. Wonder Woman animated series
    3. 2 WW titles
    4. Cassie solo
    5. Donna Solo
    6. Wonderfam book
    7. Wonder Woman game
    8. No more events where Diana turns into a zombie or a vampire....where she can actually lead and kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    - Some more WW'77 comics
    YES. Or a Wonder Woman '77 animated film so Lynda Carter can return. Marc Andreyko as writer please as nobody really did WW'77 justice after he left.

I've given up on LoWW Vol. 2 but I'm glad to see it on others' lists.

Incredible Member

Since this says wish list and not what we actually expect to happen, I'll search for Maxwell Lord and wish this wish his Dreamstone abilities:

The third Wonder Woman film: Wonder Woman: Godwatch

Cast:
    Veronica Cale - Meryl Streep
    Circe - Anjelina Jolie
    Giganta - Michelle Yeoh
    Silver Swan - Halle Berry

Veronica Cale recruits Giganta and Silver Swan on a mission to free Circe from Doom's Doorway on Paradise Island for some world domination plot. There's a great mix of action and heart. We are introduced to Yara Flor and Nubia. Wonder Woman gets the opportunity to stay in Themyscira, but she chooses to leave once more knowing she will never return because of her desire to help man's world.

As a parallel to the first film. Hippolyta's final words to Diana are "you have honored the tiara of the mighty Antiope, and you have always been my greatest joy."

We end the movie with Diana Prince working at the Tate in London with Siegried, Mindi Myer, the pr director for the museum, and a young intern named Maxwell Lord Jr.

End credit scene will lead directly to a Yara Flor HBO Max Wonder Girl series while Nubia gets a theatrical film.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Since we will never get them to say she is equal to Superman's strength, I have accepted that and come to terms with that. But, I also don't want the same to happen for them to say she is weaker than any of the Supergirls (including Powergirl) . I assume her skill in fighting and other items such as the lasso will be able to neutralize the alpha male Superman, but with power creep happening, we know this probably isn't the case. Also, when bound by the lasso, it seems that anyone can still fight their ways out of that rather than actually be bound. That needs to stop.
    She has been both said and shown to not only equal but to rival that strength (well PreFlashNoPoint). I often if the whole point of making her a generic demigod was to eliminate her pedigree and Legend. Her iconic Stronger than Hercules, Swifter than Mercury legend makes it expressly clear how she should relate to Supes and Cap and all others

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    She has been both said and shown to not only equal but to rival that strength (well PreFlashNoPoint). I often if the whole point of making her a generic demigod was to eliminate her pedigree and Legend. Her iconic Stronger than Hercules, Swifter than Mercury legend makes it expressly clear how she should relate to Supes and Cap and all others
    And yet only lip service is played to them saying, Stronger than Hercules or Swifter than Mercury. I have no doubt in the DC comicsverse or in the DCEU that heroes like Superman or Shazam or Black Adam can mop the floor with Wonder Woman. We were already shown that in Justice League movie, so what makes us all think that what they say in the comics will make it any better?

Didn't Mary Marvel get a month or two of training and crushed Wonder Woman in the comics (was she a zombie at the time, not sure)---so much for all of her vaunted lifetime training.

So....it seems that whatever lip service you might hear about how great Wonder Woman is supposed to be, she still seems to get the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And yet only lip service is played to them saying, Stronger than Hercules or Swifter than Mercury. I have no doubt in the DC comicsverse or in the DCEU that heroes like Superman or Shazam or Black Adam can mop the floor with Wonder Woman. We were already shown that in Justice League movie, so what makes us all think that what they say in the comics will make it any better?

Didn't Mary Marvel get a month or two of training and crushed Wonder Woman in the comics (was she a zombie at the time, not sure)---so much for all of her vaunted lifetime training.

So....it seems that whatever lip service you might hear about how great Wonder Woman is supposed to be, she still seems to get the short end of the stick.
    Nowadays? They seemed to want to make her as generic as possible.

However especially in volume 1 and volume 2 it was a lot more than lip service and was instead demonstrated

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Nowadays? They seemed to want to make her as generic as possible.

However especially in volume 1 and volume 2 it was a lot more than lip service and was instead demonstrated
    I agree with you there, not now. Although we got instances of her saying she couldn't beat someone like in the League of One mini. Or in the William Messner Loebs era in which she was severly underpowered through its seeming entirety, starting with her barely being able to defeat Deathstroke.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-02-2022 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Wonder Woman animated series.
    Second ongoing title.
    Clay origin for Diana.
    Donna Troy returns to her original origin of a kid rescued by Diana and raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons.
    Diana gets an iconic city all her own.
    Diana’s rich history of foes get updated and revamped.
    Diana leads a team of women and non-binary superheroes.
    Diana leads a team that’s composed of superheroes with minoritized identities.
    HBO series with Diana’s arrival to Patriarch’s World, meets Etta Candy and starts working with Steve Trevor at ARGUS.
    Lyta Trevor gets added back into the Wonder family.
    A Wonder Boy is added to the Wonder family.
    Achilles Warkiller shows up again.
    Jason is never spoken of again.
    100% she needs a city on earth to protect and for her stories to take place.

I find the constant mythical settings or adventures on Themyscira unreadable ... they lean to much into her mythical background when all I want is her to be fighting in a modern setting on earth.

I own volume upon volume of her books and since new52 I haven't found anything that interests me as much as her in new52 Superman Wonder Woman.

I'm open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    100% she needs a city on earth to protect and for her stories to take place.

I find the constant mythical settings or adventures on Themyscira unreadable ... they lean to much into her mythical background when all I want is her to be fighting in a modern setting on earth.

I own volume upon volume of her books and since new52 I haven't found anything that interests me as much as her in new52 Superman Wonder Woman.

I'm open to suggestions.
    I tire of mythology-only stories too. The beauty of Wonder Wonder is she can and should operate under multiple types and combine elements of various forms of speculative fiction: superhero, mythology, sci-fi, space opera, magic, etc.

Examples of the things I want to see Diana’s reaction to and action in: Circe employees Myndi Mayer for a personal rebranding; Doctor Cyber wanting Amazon tech; Eros launching a dating app funded by Veronica Cale; extraterrestrial Eviless seeking asylum on Earth and working with ARGUS, the U.S. embassy and Amazon embassy in Diana’s iconic city to do so; Donna Troy’s photography exhibition at Diana’s iconic city’s museum of modern art called “Mortals and Immortals” that’s from an endowment made by heiress and activist Deborah Domaine; the Muses open a popular series of day and night parties at locations in Diana’s iconic city; Ed Indelicato and Jonny Double open a private investigations firm and get a lead on some mysterious goings on and disappearances of student at Holliday College; etc.

So many ways to remix Wonder characters into plots and stories, if you start playing around with how they’d act when encountering one another.