Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default My Wonder Woman wish list.

I would really like to see a WW project written by Neil Gaiman. He puts so much thought in to all his projects, I can’t see how that could go wrong.

Small list.

Wonder Woman animated series.
    Second ongoing title.
    Clay origin for Diana.
    Donna Troy returns to her original origin of a kid rescued by Diana and raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons.
    Diana gets an iconic city all her own.
    Diana’s rich history of foes get updated and revamped.
    Diana leads a team of women and non-binary superheroes.
    Diana leads a team that’s composed of superheroes with minoritized identities.
    HBO series with Diana’s arrival to Patriarch’s World, meets Etta Candy and starts working with Steve Trevor at ARGUS.
    Lyta Trevor gets added back into the Wonder family.
    A Wonder Boy is added to the Wonder family.
    Achilles Warkiller shows up again.
    Jason is never spoken of again.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I would really like to see a WW project written by Neil Gaiman. He puts so much thought in to all his projects, I can’t see how that could go wrong.
    Yeah I think Neil could do somethibg wonderful. I deeply want Death of the Endless to meet Diana

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Diana has a consistent powerset and has editors that enforce that powerset!

Powerset to include strength (close to that of Superman, on par with Supergirl)
    Flight
    Durability to withstand bullets
    Speed (gifted by Hermes)
    Master of most forms of combat, such that if she lost her powers, as she seems to do all the time, then she is a more than competent hand to hand fighter that can rival the Batfamily
    Animal empathy
    Immunity to lightning (if she has Zeus origin)
    Still does her deflection with her bracers since there are other forms of projectiles she has to consider rather than bullets
    Her lasso is indestructible and can have infinite length if the occasion requires it. Also, must have very very very very good reason why someone bound by the lasso can just shrug it off or still fight while bound (otherwise, what good is the magic lasso if it can't contain what is bound)

I am sure I might be missing others.

Probably clay origin over Zeus. (On the fence, could go either way for me)
    Someone mentioned an iconic city, maybe something like Boston.
    A revamping of many of her rogues.

Above all, just do your damn job, editors. Keep her powerset consistent, and we don't need to see her in other superhero's books only to job out to make the others look good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah I think Neil could do somethibg wonderful. I deeply want Death of the Endless to meet Diana
    This would be awesome.

My contribution would be a Cheetah story that actually makes an impression.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Yeah it seems like Cheetah gets tons of exposure but rarely anything all that interesting.

Was she more interesting as Diana's cursed lover/what happened with Rebirth Cheetah?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

Flight
    Speed (gifted by Hermes)
    Master of most forms of combat, such that if she lost her powers, as she seems to do all the time, then she is a more than competent hand to hand fighter that can rival the Batfamily
    Animal empathy
    Still does her deflection with her bracers since there are other forms of projectiles she has to consider rather than bullets
    Her lasso is indestructible and can have infinite length if the occasion requires it. Also, must have very very very very good reason why someone bound by the lasso can just shrug it off or still fight while bound (otherwise, what good is the magic lasso if it can't contain what is bound)

Above all, just do your damn job, editors. Keep her powerset consistent, and we don't need to see her in other superhero's books only to job out to make the others look good.
    We shouldn't settle for less than Superman's equal. And Supergirl is considerably weaker than him. Talking about usual sexism in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    We shouldn't settle for less than Superman's equal. And Supergirl is considerably weaker than him. Talking about usual sexism in comics.
    Since we will never get them to say she is equal to Superman's strength, I have accepted that and come to terms with that. But, I also don't want the same to happen for them to say she is weaker than any of the Supergirls (including Powergirl) . I assume her skill in fighting and other items such as the lasso will be able to neutralize the alpha male Superman, but with power creep happening, we know this probably isn't the case. Also, when bound by the lasso, it seems that anyone can still fight their ways out of that rather than actually be bound. That needs to stop.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Since we will never get them to say she is equal to Superman's strength, I have accepted that and come to terms with that. But, I also don't want the same to happen for them to say she is weaker than any of the Supergirls (including Powergirl) . I assume her skill in fighting and other items such as the lasso will be able to neutralize the alpha male Superman, but with power creep happening, we know this probably isn't the case. Also, when bound by the lasso, it seems that anyone can still fight their ways out of that rather than actually be bound. That needs to stop.
    We have had many statements saying she is equal to superman. What we need is for them to stop hyping her only to come out short. If you say she is all that, show it or just don't say anything at all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

for now I just want the game they teased to be both epic and reasonably accurate

Oh and now that we know Hippolyta's probable plan, Artemis won't get villainized for too long.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-25-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Flight
    Speed (gifted by Hermes)
    Animal empathy

This! All of this!

Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

Multiple WW titles: one title focused on regular superheroics while the other focuses on mythology.

A Donna Troy solo ongoing.

A Cassie Sandsmark solo ongoing

A book focused specifically on the Amazons

A Wonder Family ongoing

An Artemis solo ongoing

A team book specific to the Wonder Family

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wonder Woman: The Animated Series

Multiple WW titles: one title focused on regular superheroics while the other focuses on mythology.

A Donna Troy solo ongoing.

A Cassie Sandsmark solo ongoing

A book focused specifically on the Amazons

A Wonder Family ongoing

An Artemis solo ongoing

A team book specific to the Wonder Family
    Sounds like a good list!

1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series
    2. Wonder Woman: The Video Game being a huge hit and revitalizing the brand
    3. A new, good Wonder Woman animated film
    4. Return of the Clay Origin
    5. Nubia ongoing series by Stephanie Williams and Alitha Martinez
    6. Introduction of a new Wonder Boy to join the Wonderfam
    7. S-tier Cheetah-centric storyline to put her at the forefront of WW's rogues gallery
    8. Circe for Wonder Woman 3
    9. Original Villainy Inc. reunion
    10. Never heard/seen from again: Jason, Max Lord, First Born, Egg Fu