Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

What is happening here? Tarn the character is barely a year old and has no bona fides to his name other than beating up an E-ranked X-men team (The Hellions) )and torturing a Sinister clone! Gabriel face tanked an event horizon and ripped a hole into the cancer verse! Also, in terms of scale, the war of kings he instigated led to the deaths of millions and destroyed entire planets! I love those scrappy Arrakans, but their struggles are nothing compared to that.

Wake up! You guys are dismissing a proven former world champ in favor of some newbie who hasn't even won his first intercontinental title.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think some factions have forgotten that "Omega" "Omnipotent" and "Invincible"...are three entirely separate concepts. Hence the numerous useless and pointless "arguments" on the social media.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What is happening here? Tarn the character is barely a year old and has no bona fides to his name other than beating up an E-ranked X-men team (The Hellions) )and torturing a Sinister clone! Gabriel face tanked an event horizon and ripped a hole into the cancer verse! Also, in terms of scale, the war of kings he instigated led to the deaths of millions and destroyed entire planets! I love those scrappy Arrakans, but their struggles are nothing compared to that.

Wake up! You guys are dismissing a proven former world champ in favor of some newbie who hasn't even won his first intercontinental title.
    Tarn can instantly turn off your xgene and Vulcan has no unpowered feats or h2h experience that we know of so not sure what he is going to do to tarn if he turns off the fire inside him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    My main question is ok she is an energy manipulator, but he is the omega of energy manipulation in particular iirc, so he should stomp her in that regard no energy discharge by her should phase him. Anyway writers have their own omega battle rules I guess
    So how did havok hurt him. Even if powered by the sun energy is still energy or how did Lorna? Lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So how did havok hurt him. Even if powered by the sun energy is still energy or how did Lorna? Lol.
    Or Cable... or Black Bolt... or Thunderbird who isn't even that strong.

Tarn has a nasty reputation from his time as a warden during the Amenthian occupation of Arakko, and is still feared by many. And though Ororo defeated him in battle, he didn't exactly make it easy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Tarn has a nasty reputation from his time as a warden during the Amenthian occupation of Arakko, and is still feared by many. And though Ororo defeated him in battle, he didn't exactly make it easy.
    Ororo didnt exactly even beat him more or less really impressed him, because of her unrelenting will in the face of insurmountable odds. Her not having her omega powers yet still determined to fight really moved him and earned is genuine respect hence why he called her of Amenth. It's kinda his highest praise to give someone as he looks down on arakkii.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Eh, while I dislike Aaron’s run, Ewing has been making snide little digs at the Avengers for yesrs

Edit:
    The self-proclaimed goddess and 1/12th of the oligarchic dictatorship of Krakoa bitching about Thrones got tiring very quickly.
    "Self proclaimed"? Your info is a little outdated lol

I loved the TK artery shutdown too, it was such a fine tune use of TK.
    Agreed. Loved that focused, tactical use of his power.

it could also come from the resurrections too. Instead of the virus being something cable was infected with this time it's something he was "born" and aged with so maybe we will get a flashback to perhaps that process and maybe see adjustments made. I mean they did mention how Proteus accidentally gave Laura an adamantium skeleton because he thought all wolverines had it. Also it seems like since they were born with it adamantium poisioning isn't as big of a deal and i've been wondering for a bit now if wolverine healing factor is stronger or if he still has to fight adamantium poisoning.
    Now that’s an interesting theory… that perhaps it’s a byproduct of the Resurrection Protocols? Hadn’t thought of that.

But then i want Cable, Laura and Wolverine to get mysterium upgrades, replacing the metal that was used to violate them with mutant metal from the white hot room could be a deep story.
    Certainly makes sense to start with Cable, since he’s out in space and nearer to where they make the stuff.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Ororo didnt exactly even beat him more or less really impressed him, because of her unrelenting will in the face of insurmountable odds. Her not having her omega powers yet still determined to fight really moved him and earned is genuine respect hence why he called her of Amenth. It's kinda his highest praise to give someone as he looks down on arakkii.
    And there you have it. Perfectly said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Exactly and Storm controls energy as well which she stated in the issue, who knows her powers better than her so she is vulcan's biggest weakness, he controls forms of raw energy, she turns raw energy into weather conditions she then fully controls. He's a battery at best.

But besides that i want to go on record saying i don't think vulcan will fight storm directly again, i think the "I am mother" line is going to stick with him and he may cause her problems via others but i don't think he will directly attack her again.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Well she kind of did, let's not forget she had a knife to his heart so it would be a double ko. She could be brought back, he could not or if he could as far as we know he would be under the thrall of the white sword which i'm sure to tarn would be the worst thing possible. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    He checkmated Blackbolt. Cable and Thunderbird (and Storm) only have wins against his shell personality. He still canceled out Storm, she only won because she has more willpower than a mentally ill drunkard. Not her biggest feat.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

He checkmated Blackbolt. Cable and Thunderbird (and Storm) only have wins against his shell personality. He still canceled out Storm, she only won because she has more willpower than a mentally ill drunkard. Not her biggest feat.
    This post was funny but also kind of sad. LMAO. very salty tasting, i think i understand what people get out of some of these posts now. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

This post was funny but also kind of sad. LMAO. very salty tasting, i think i understand what people get out of some of these posts now. lol
    Naw but for real lol Storm effortlessly bodies a galactic level heavy hitter like Gabriel in a way that perfectly aligns with her skill set and experience and folks still trying to downplay Miss Ma'am lmao