Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

If Vulcan killed Storm, then he would have gotten her seat. She’s beat every challenge to her seat. Even Tarn, because he knew she would not yield and is still an Arakkii in spirit. Storm inspires something in these mutants. Now I just need Sunfire and Thunderbird to get in on the Brotherhood. Manifold and one more bad ass woman would round a great brotherhood.

Mighty Member

Brand has always been a manipulator. She’s looking to place herself higher in the ranks of galactic politics. Her scheming and alliance with Orchis is just to make her moves. Her and Beast are the perfect couple of manipulative low lives.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Me too, but i don't understand why that would be the case because in theory they should go to mutant heaven now when thye die so short of having their memories tampered with i would think Cable would be current up to the point he was shot by the Progenitor. (I would think cerebro backups would no longer be necessary. Unless of course krakoa just wants to keep collecting intel from the mind of it's inhabitants.)

With the waiting room wanda not only restored mutants but the potential for privacy again.

And in the headspace i'm in right now from posting and reading your post in Immortal thread i have to wonder if Hope has been tampering with Cable to make him stronger or more effective as she resurrects him. Given what she did to Selene it is not out of the realm of possibility hope may be consciously changing her loved ones to make them stronger in order to protect them.
    I don't think Gillen or Ewing are even interested in referencing whatever Wanda-Leah did in ToM. Especially when the writer herself didn't even make it clear the how's and why's just "Wanda-Magic" It really sounds like too much effort for a little amount of outcome...in other words, esoteric gobbledegook.
    Ewing and Gillen have a story to write and not time to try to figure what Leah meant by Mutant heaven?/purgatory?/limbo? or how it should be used.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think Gillen or Ewing are even interested in referencing whatever Wanda-Leah did in ToM. Especially when the writer herself didn't even make it clear the how's and why's just "Wanda-Magic" It really sounds like too much effort for a little amount of outcome...in other words, esoteric gobbledegook.
    Ewing and Gillen have a story to write and not time to try to figure what Leah meant by Mutant heaven?/purgatory?/limbo? or how it should be used.
    Ok so gillien about to do a whole story about resurrections in a.x.e and has NO interest in the waiting room despite it being mentioned consistently in the books themselves. I mean red can get away with not delving too deeply in it's mechanics but it's the whole reason one of the members is on the council and has been apparently the sole reason some mutants have been able to come back.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Me too, but i don't understand why that would be the case because in theory they should go to mutant heaven now when thye die so short of having their memories tampered with i would think Cable would be current up to the point he was shot by the Progenitor. (I would think cerebro backups would no longer be necessary. Unless of course krakoa just wants to keep collecting intel from the mind of it's inhabitants.)

With the waiting room wanda not only restored mutants but the potential for privacy again.

And in the headspace i'm in right now from posting and reading your post in Immortal thread i have to wonder if Hope has been tampering with Cable to make him stronger or more effective as she resurrects him. Given what she did to Selene it is not out of the realm of possibility hope may be consciously changing her loved ones to make them stronger in order to protect them.
    As I understand it, the Waiting Room doesn't actively "record" mutants, it initially only contained the anima of mutants who died before Cerebro came online or potential mutants who died before their X-gene activated. If a mutant wishes to be revived via the Waiting Room as an alternative to the Crucible, they must first enter the physical space of it as detailed in ToM #5, otherwise if they have already been recorded by Cerebro and they die they will be resurrected via normal res protocols using their latest Cerebro update and the Waiting Room will not contain their information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Hoping Manifold will join the Brotherhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope Manifold returns, he’s too cool to rejoin the Avengers during Aaron’s run.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    I want more of Manifold.
    +1 Boy does he shine under Al’s pen. Really hope he keeps him around…
    #MagnetoWasRight

There was some preview art on AIPT for Al Ewing’s X-men Monday interview that showed Manifold leaned up against a tree, so I’m guessing that’s from issue #3. Which is also the issue where Thunderbird comes back. I’m guessing the two of them end up on Storm’s Brotherhood alongside her, Sunspot and Magneto. That would be a cool team. Once Cable inevitably betrays Brand and changes sides, throw in him and Frenzy and that’s one badass team IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There was some preview art on AIPT for Al Ewing’s X-men Monday interview that showed Manifold leaned up against a tree, so I’m guessing that’s from issue #3. Which is also the issue where Thunderbird comes back. I’m guessing the two of them end up on Storm’s Brotherhood alongside her, Sunspot and Magneto. That would be a cool team. Once Cable inevitably betrays Brand and changes sides, throw in him and Frenzy and that’s one badass team IMO.
    OMG that would be so awesome. Manifold and Thunderbird on the team would be great. I'm just waiting for Cable to catch on to Brands bullshit so he can get her back. I Can't wait for Cable to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good memory.

I've love to see him join the Brotherhood.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    OMG that would be so awesome. Manifold and Thunderbird on the team would be great. I'm just waiting for Cable to catch on to Brands bullshit so he can get her back. I Can't wait for Cable to come back.
    He’ll be back. Probably (hopefully) next issue. He’s on the cover of issue #5, albeit as a skeleton. Ha.

But we’ve also seen him on covers for A.X.E. too. So I’m expecting he’ll show up in that event as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctic View Post
    Hehe, same here that felt like a bit of fan service too me.

And yes I agree Cable is too quiet, I was feeling weird about it but I guess you guys are right that makes a lot more sense.
    Not really fan service though. Storm is an Omega level energy manipulator at the end of the day and she's been using her power a hell of a lot longer than Vulcan has as well as being shown to have much more control over how she applies that energy (hence her fine control over weather systems). So yeah, Vulcan and Storm are on the same level but Storm is more skilled.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    snip
    There's nothing about Brand's behavior that is contradicted by that image. When mutants were a manageable minority focused exclusively on Terran politics, they were a useful asset. Now that there are millions of them (and the majority of those millions are violent seekers of combat) who are forcing their way into galactic politics, they're a liability to her interests that need to be controlled.

Brand isn't a schemer, she's a troubleshooter. Ya'll are forgetting she let Colossus be tortured into near insanity for ten years, and was also willing to let Breakworld neuter the X-gene because it was easier than going to war. She does not give a **** about mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    As I understand it, the Waiting Room doesn't actively "record" mutants, it initially only contained the anima of mutants who died before Cerebro came online or potential mutants who died before their X-gene activated. If a mutant wishes to be revived via the Waiting Room as an alternative to the Crucible, they must first enter the physical space of it as detailed in ToM #5, otherwise if they have already been recorded by Cerebro and they die they will be resurrected via normal res protocols using their latest Cerebro update and the Waiting Room will not contain their information.
    This makes sense, seems like extra but i guess it makes sense. Though i wouldn't exactly call the waiting room mutant heaven though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    If Vulcan killed Storm, then he would have gotten her seat. She’s beat every challenge to her seat. Even Tarn, because he knew she would not yield and is still an Arakkii in spirit. Storm inspires something in these mutants. Now I just need Sunfire and Thunderbird to get in on the Brotherhood. Manifold and one more bad ass woman would round a great brotherhood.
    I love your roster. Part of me would like to add Amelia Voght.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Good memory.

I've love to see him join the Brotherhood.
    He needs to speak to my space... intimately. Scrummyliciousness!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!