Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So how did havok hurt him. Even if powered by the sun energy is still energy or how did Lorna? Lol.
    I am not saying he can't be hurt by energy, he could feel the initial hit ,but once his own powers kick in he could manipulate it not to hurt him.Anyway this is an attempt to explain something not only fictitious but also with no real frame of reference, I'm trying to 'get it' in a specific way to keep the upper limit an actual limit.On the one hand he is an omega of energy manipulation which presupposes enough dexterity and finesse to fine tune the energy in specific ways which requires willpower ,on the other hand lack of willpower refers to him just having unbridled energy discharge which could also have no upper limit.I guess writers want to have it both ways when they use such nebulous terms.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-22-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I am not saying he can't be hurt by energy, he could feel the initial hit ,but once his own powers kick in he could manipulate it not to hurt him.Anyway this is an attempt to explain something not only fictitious but also with no real frame of reference, I'm trying to 'get it' in a specific way to keep the upper limit an actual limit.On the one hand he is an omega of energy manipulation which presupposes enough dexterity and finesse to fine tune the energy in specific ways which requires willpower ,on the other lack of willpower refers to him just having unbridled energy discharge which could also have no upper limit.I guess writers want to have it both ways when they use such nebulous terms.
    But at the same time energy is used to create various weather effects so in some ways Storm is a reality warper of energy (but unlike most reality warpers i suspect because energy is more real her can be instantaneous and she can also create storms that won't simply go out if she dies as evidenced in xtreme) whereas Vulcan absorbs and releases it at an omega level or even creates it but theoretically all forms of energy should be able to be used by storm to create some sort of weather effect as we have never seen vulcan create a brand new energy but what's to say storm as an omega couldn't manipulate that into raining gold because of it's properties. So a lot of these assumptions just seem unfair to storm if one isn't going to dig in as deep both ways but still throw around the word omega and no upper limit as if for whatever reason those don't apply to her as well.

Not only that people undersell she channels those energies through her body which has been a thing from day one so in that respect how exactly was an energy manipulator suppose to physically harm her. She's omega too.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-22-2022 at 04:18 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This post was funny but also kind of sad. LMAO. very salty tasting, i think i understand what people get out of some of these posts now. lol
    I'm glad i'm not the only one left cackling by those mental gymnastics... vulcan.jpg

Astonishing Member

But at the same time energy is used to create various weather effects so in some ways Storm is a reality warper of energy (but unlike most reality warpers i suspect because energy is more real her can be instantaneous and she can also create storms that won't simply go out if she dies as evidenced in xtreme) whereas Vulcan absorbs and releases it at an omega level or even creates it but theoretically all forms of energy should be able to be used by storm to create some sort of weather effect as we have never seen vulcan create a brand new energy but what's to say storm as an omega couldn't manipulate that into raining gold because of it's properties. So a lot of these assumptions just seem unfair to storm if one isn't going to dig in as deep both ways but still throw around the word omega and no upper limit as if for whatever reason those don't apply to her as well.

Not only that people undersell she channels those energies through her body which has been a thing from day one so in that respect how exactly was an energy manipulator suppose to physically harm her. She's omega too.
    Obviously this all started with writers delineating the way they did, maybe I just like going deeper into the mechanics.No doubt Storm manipulates energy and all that come with it ,temperature gradients ,affecting pressure and forming all sorts of weather phenomena that she is a master of.As an omega of weather manipulation yes she can control energy to create any weather phenomenon on any planet with atmosphere ,liquids or star energy. Well Vulcan is an omega of energy manipulation itself not the derivatives,theoretically he could manipulate energies not in our observable spectrum for example dark energy or the energy created by the string theory brane vibrations. He could manipulate energies she doesn't know how to/they may not be energies at all fundamental to weather but energies that exist for other purposes.I already mentioned it before I think at some point omega's powers intersect but I still feel the title itself makes 'willpower' a very flimsy excuse.Maybe it was writer euphemism that Vulcan is mentally unwell?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Naw but for real lol Storm effortlessly bodies a galactic level heavy hitter like Gabriel in a way that perfectly aligns with her skill set and experience and folks still trying to downplay Miss Ma'am lmao
    If she ever beats him when he's whole, I'll be first in line to bow down to the Goddess. I'll lick a boot. I'll say "Haio Yarri!" I'll even pretend this ain't the thousandth time she spiked her hair like a bored mall punk.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Obviously this all started with writers delineating the way they did, maybe I just like going deeper into the mechanics.No doubt Storm manipulates energy and all that come with it ,temperature gradients ,affecting pressure and forming all sorts of weather phenomena that she is a master of.As an omega of weather manipulation yes she can control energy to create any weather phenomenon on any planet with atmosphere ,liquids or star energy. Well Vulcan is an omega of energy manipulation itself not the derivatives,theoretically he could manipulate energies not in our observable spectrum for example dark energy or the energy created by the string theory brane vibrations. He could manipulate energies she doesn't know how to/they may not be energies at all fundamental to weather but energies that exist for other purposes.I already mentioned it before I think at some point omega's powers intersect but I still feel the title itself makes 'willpower' a very flimsy excuse.Maybe it was writer euphemism that Vulcan is mentally unwell?
    But that's ignoring her energy sight and her instinct so all i'm saying is if we are going to reach for vulcan as an omega and his potential the same should be true of storm. If she could turn nanites in the World to wind because it was a fundamental building block of the world, essentially reprogramming a machine into a natural phenomenon then what's to say she can't turn that dark matter energy back on vulcan instinctively it make it rain black matter in his heart, or black matter lightning in his brain. For me it's fairness and thats one of the reasons i think Ewing handled it beautifully because there is no doubt vulcan can compete with Storm's will. And he himself said there is a fire in him, well rogue storm became one with all the primal energies of the earth what stops storm from becoming one with all the energies vulcan creates and becoming something new if we are going to give the benefit of the doubt to the sheer term omega and really think about the scope of power fairly.

People are missing the point i think storm manipulates energy to create weather once her will has wrestled control of said energy and she alters it it is under her FULL command, much like the lightning that came out of vulcan.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-22-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If she ever beats him when he's whole, I'll be first in line to bow down to the Goddess. I'll lick a boot. I'll say "Haio Yarri!" I'll even pretend this ain't the thousandth time she spiked her hair like a bored mall punk.
    If he wasn't whole, how did he remember he never died? lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'm glad i'm not the only one left cackling by those mental gymnastics...
    Uncool. I'm not doing gymnastics. It said on the first two pages of issue two that Gabriel is mentally sundered and that he's a raging alcoholic. In the first issue he was drunk and picking fights in a bar. You've also left off the other piece of this artwork where he gets up and starts fighting Blackbolt again.

I'll be frank, I hate getting lumped in with some ubiquitous mob of haters and then talked over as if I can't form my own intelligent opinions and just want to rain over someone's parade. You really think this fictious woman has that kind of hold on my life? That would be sad.

See, get Ewing with that! I'm just a reader.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

See, get Ewing with that! I'm just a reader.
    LOL. i love this post. lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Vulcan and Storm are two halves of the same coin power wise when you remember that Storm perceives the universe as energy and what she sees, she can control. Vulcan manipulates all forms of energy in its raw form, storm usesitt to control the weather...and silk lol
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 05-22-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Uncool. I'm not doing gymnastics. It said on the first two pages of issue two that Gabriel is mentally sundered and that he's a raging alcoholic. In the first issue he was drunk and picking fights in a bar. You've also left off the other piece of this artwork where he gets up and starts fighting Blackbolt again.

I'll be frank, I hate getting lumped in with some ubiquitous mob of haters and then talked over as if I can't form my own intelligent opinions and just want to rain over someone's parade. You really think this fictious woman has that kind of hold on my life? That would be sad.
    Yes, after Blackbolt left him a bloody corpse from one word Vulcan regenerated and grabbed him and talked smack before the bomb went off... would hardly call it a checkmate, he was completely overpowered when BB got serious.

Also the "shell" is just an excuse to make Vulcan feel better about himself, Brand brushed it off and corrected him by saying Storm had more control in a nutshell. Idk where you got the idea he canceled Storm out cause the comic is in front of me and I don't see it stated anywhere.
    Last edited by The Regent; 05-22-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Come on...

The fact that he has more of the pieces?

How does that automatically establish that fact meaning that he must have all of the pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Vulcan and Storm are two halves of the same coin power wise when you remember that Storm perceives the universe as energy and what she sees, she can control. Vulcan manipulates all forms of energy in its raw form, storm usesitt to control the weather...and silk lol
    I have been laughing at this response for a good minute XD she really does doesnt she

Good question lol... if he wasnt whole how does he know he was emperor or that he had besties Petra and sway. Like they are trying to insinuate that the boy wasnt at full strength when he was and infact he stated that he can easily break the moon apart if he wanted. The guy was at full strength the only thing that was missing is that he isn't mentally stable but the pieces, they are all there they never went anywhere. To our knowledge he knows and remembers everything its simply that fucked up persona... you know the one that fought black bolt, adam warlock, gladiator... you know the one with the biggest baddest feats.

His raw power is incalculable and intact what he lacks is discipline
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-22-2022 at 11:41 PM.